“Always wonderful!”

Ranked #278 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Brasilia, DF
“Always wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I just checked out from my sixth time in Hotel Haydn. I always stay for a week. They were perfect as usual: great value for money, spacious and renovated rooms, great shower, good breakfast, everything very clean and neat. The location could not be better - if you are a tourist, if you are going on business (like me) and specially if you are going to shop, you do not have to look for anything else! The best thing: the staff. They are perfect! Hope to come back soon!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pitesti, Arges, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

The Haydn hotel is the best idea.Is situated on MariaHilfestrase street.This is not a hotel is a hotel-pension.When I entery in room it was verrrrrry big surprise.At right you have Wc and a slink without a bathtubs.I wasbwith my family 4 days.It was an apartament with 2 rooms and a big kitchen.Is at 2km from Sthepan Doom to Haydn hotel.I have a lots of photo.The breakfast it was good but coffee......You have a lot of museum to visits.I eat sausages With ketchup and mustar.My mum an dad drank hot whine.I was with some friends who have a child.I was at vity hall at New Year Eve.what I recommanded because it was situated good brakfast is good room are very big.You have Wi-Fi free at reception.There are two hotels in 1construction .There are lots of underground every where.I was at 30 December and I return at home at 2 january.All store are closed at 1 of January but there are lot of sales abou 70%.This hotel doesn't have fitness or swiming pool

IS THE BEST HOTEL IN WIEN.I RECOMANDED FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE CHILD (CHILDREN)

Room Tip: Lots of musem to visits.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Bakersfield, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We reserved a one bedroom apartment, but were upgraded to a very large and comfortable two bedroom, includding a kitchen and big screen TV. Staff were very helpful. Convenient loacation on a busy shopping street with many restaurants within walking distance. U-bahn station steps away. Noise not a problem, except Sunday morning on the east side - church next door.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

The Haydn is a hostel, I don't think they should advertise it as a hotel...the rooms are
very big and clean, but they don't supply anything but toilet paper. There's no wi fi included, I guess it's not a bad thing since wasting time on the internet is a sin when you are in a beautiful
city like Vienna. The tours they suggested are an absolute rip-off, we took one, the bus only took us to Shoenbrunn Castle for 40€ and it was like a flash in and out. The staff was ok. It is a quiet place, no noise at all. In conclusion, it is just average, the best thing it has to offer is its location.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lutzy D
Haines City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

We had two rooms( if you can call it rooms). I spent 25 years in hospitality and never seen anything like this.Obiously the hotel looks like a construction site.Rooms anr from the 1800's. I have some pictures and see it for yourselves.Don't waste your money unless you are back pack traveller who just need a place to crash.

Room Tip: Don't worry, I don't think there are any so called good rooms!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Jascha N, Manager at Haydn Hotel Vienna, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Sir,

Our rooms have all been renovated. The company for hotel classification has praised us, that these rooms even have four-star qualities.
Originally, if a single room is reserved than we reserve a room that is suitable for one person. Of course, when we have the possibility of a larger room, that is normally suitable for 2 or 3 people, we also offer our guests these rooms for the single room prices because we want to satisfy for the guest's stay as good as possible. This is our priority and very important for us.
Your room, as we can see from the photos, was normally for 3 people, so you get a bigger room with the same price. If you were not satisfied with this yet, we regret it.

For TV: If you want to complain that you do not like the TV, or a controller is missing a cover, then we regret it.
This is the first time that someone complains about this.

Construction Site: The reason why the facade of the building looks like a construction site, is that the facade will be renovated and then get a new Entrance and a new modern look. But of course this is not permanent, but needs some time.

Generally, if something was not to your satisfaction, you could have just come to us to the reception and surely we would have solved it, for guarantee.
We really care about our guests and it is also important that our guests feel like home.
We hope you understand this and give us another chance.

With best regards

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

a very nice centrally located hotel in Vienna. Clean and neat. The people were very helpful. they gave us good reasonably priced accommodation at a few hours notice. Comfortable 2 bedroom apartment with good air-conditioning and powerful free wifi. located on the main shopping street, next to the Church. definitely a positive recommendation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

The only thing worse than the hotel facilities are the terribly rude staff. Please don't make the mistake of staying at this establishment. It will ruin your trip to Vienna. Before we checked in, I asked the hotel owner/manager if I could use the desktop lying in the hall to check my mail. I offered to pay him. I was waiting for my family to come with the luggage before I checked in. The grumpy man told me a flat "No" - he said until you check in and give your security, you can't touch the computer!! I actually left this shoddy joint and chose to stay at the NH hotel on the same street instead. I'm so glad I found a room - I could not bear to live in a place where the hosts are so very rude and ill mannered.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Atakru
Jascha N, Manager at Haydn Hotel Vienna, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
We offer our guests the full range of services. Our staff is primarily a familiar one and we can promise that all are friendly and helpful. The joy of our work and for our guests to be available and for the pleasant stay, is important to us.
Because of the public terminal for the Internet, it is generally the case that this is free for our guests available. If someone from the staff refused, which we highly doubt, usually has a good reason, because of the safety of our company and our guests.
If a misunderstanding has occurred that may have been misinterpreted, we regret this profoundly.
We promise that we will try our very best to satisfy our guests in our hotel.