“Excellent Sushi and Sashimi”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tokori - CLOSED

Tokori
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wieden
Vienna, Austria
“Excellent Sushi and Sashimi”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This place used to be marketed as Tokori but is now called Asia time. Here I have only had either sushi or sashimi which has always been excellent. The menu, however, is huge - all of Asian cuisine covered which given the size of the kitchen makes me a bit suspicious of how they manage it. Therefore, I always stuck to the basics which never disappointed. Great thing too is that you can sit right outside in the market and watch the world go by. We were here with kids - if they are the restless types who always want to run around then this place is not good as the market is always busy.

• Visited August 2013

“Asia time”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We went in the Asia Time (Tokori is in the other part - but I guess they have same owner) for a dinner in August 2013 during our visit on Nashmarkt.

We ordered one Tom Yam Goong Soup (3.5 Euro), Thai Mango Duck Salad (4.9 Euro) as starters. The quality of the both starters were excellent, very close to its original tastes. The prices were reasonable.

As a main dish, we ordered one Thai Salmon Fish (9.9 Euro) and one Cashew Chicken (8.2 Euro). Both dish served with different vegetables nicely cooked in Thai style. Both the Salmon and Chicken quality were really nice. Food were nicely cooked with proper amount of Thai spices. Quantity was excellent.

The interior of the restaurant was nice. Service was quick, efficient and nice. I would love to go there again for a nice Thai food.

• Visited August 2013
Ankara, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant to go for Asia Restaurant”
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant at Nashmark. We decided to try Tokori since it was very crowded.
We have ordered sushi and Chinese food.
The food was great, the service was fast, the waiters and the owners of the restaurant was very polite and friendly.
If you are looking for an Asian restaurant with good quality food and reasonable prices, I strongly recommend Tokori.

Vienna, Austria
“Quick Asian snack at Naschmarkt”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The Tokori or AsiaTime is a nice place for a quick Asian snack at Naschmarkt. However, I would think that it is more a fast food restaurant than a real authentic experience.
Big plus for great service attitude: I went there with a voucher on my iPhone they had sent me via e-mail. When hearing about the voucher, the waitress went off and came back with scissors - we giggled a lot when I resisted to have my iphone cut up. She was kind enough to go and get a voucher sheet from the kitchen/office, cut out the voucher for me and help me with the menu. Impressive.
The food is ok, but not exciting. I had a vegetable lunch menu and asked them to make it spicy. The main dish was still quite bland and key vegetables were broccoli and other not very exciting items.
However, they make up for this in service quality.

• Visited February 2013
Paris, France
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I used to love this restaurant, located on the Wiener Naschmarkt, serving great Asian food but this love came to a bitter end yesterday. If you are not patient, stop reading here and just get my overall impression before I provide details: bad service - worse food

The Tokori had been my favorite Asian in Vienna for a looong time as it usually served good food for quite reasonable prices in a cool ambiance.
We looked at the menu and felt uncomfortable with the amount of dishes from pretty much every Asian country you might think of (next to India). Which Chef would be able to deliver to that? The answer: no one but it does not matter as the food is done in the microwave...but we will get there later under "u shall not serve food you can't prepare".
The waiter was honest at least when I asked if the ginger tea was made from industrial powder and we were told to go for green tea (real herbs). Extra plus point for that.
We ordered standard Thai (tom) soup and Jiaozi (i think they are called – Dim sum). Weird that the waiter was serving us both entrées 60 seconds after us ordering...the Thai soup was good as usual - 6/10 points. The Jiaozi were not, but dry and overly fried. No proof but they must have been several days old and tasted awful - 2/10 points (because we did not get sick at least).
Unfortunately the main dishes were served while we were still eating the starters which I never like. How fast do they want us to leave was the only thought I had in mind at this point. Anyway, I sped up to get to my prawns while they were still warm.
The prawns were served on green salad with rice. The salad was acceptable as was the rice but one bit of the prawns made me regret as they were of course cold (NO, they are not supposed to be cold as they should be fresh from/out of the barbecue/pan. I politely asked the waiter to get them back into a pan for a couple of minutes (no messing with waiters - I just say fight club) and moved my attention to my friend’s soup, a bad instant noodle-sea fruit-meat-veggies-Ratatouille. Complete overkill and very low quality food. 2/10 points.
Yipiii, the waiter came back with my prawns after 2min. Wow, these guys are fast ... but stop, why are the prawns not showing any signs of being grilled/fried/whatsoever? Why is the rice suddenly dry on the edges? And why the... is my salad hot? Needless to say that I started to feel let's say tense. Nobody wants to pay for microwave food and that's what it was.
My friend had stopped eating her soup by now and talked about eating at home but I was not ready to leave my prawns and got the server, confronting him with my findings in a most calm way. My plate was removed with a sourly scowl. 5min later, prawns (of course still the same - to be recognized by my bite marks) were brought back and they were warm, yes, strike. Salad was cold and the rice was, well, still the same heap but now dry and cold.

We paid and decided to not come back anytime soon but that was not it. The waiter came back a second time after 5 min as they had miscalculated our bill by 10 € (too little) and we had to pay once more.

Finally being released, we made our goodbyes which were not replied. I did not exactly feel like a well treated customer but maybe you are getting luckier!

Cheers,