“Tasty experience!”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the Grillhouse Da Max restaurant on a Sunday evening in Vienna. Service was quick and impeccable, though a bit indifferent. The restaurant had a nice interior, perfect balance between steakhouse and modern style. I ordered the BBQ chicken chopped salad, and I have to admit it was the best piece of chicken breast I ever had (at least in a grillhouse). Perfectly seared, and excellent BBQ taste, I loved it! My friend ordered the 200g Beef Tenderloin, which came with a salad (excellent dressing!) and a portion of tasty french fries. The beef was very tasty as well, we asked for medium rare and the meat was also prepared medium rare (not always the case). For dessert we shared a mascarpone cream with strawberries. Once again a very tasty dish, but I couldn't discover one single strawberry in my plate, more some sort of a 'coulis' (bit deceiving description). Also excellent price-quality experience.
Will definitely go there again when I'm back in Vienna!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I decided to have a good dinner for our last day of vacation. The Hilton Concierge recommended this restaurant. We both had a fish dinner that was superb. It was a great meal and a great way to wrap up our European vacation.

1  Thank Dave0912
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Italian food is excellent and the staff friendly and attentive. It is just out of the centre so not too noisy but still close enough to be worth a visit and is close to several hotels. Unlike a lot of the restaurants it is newly refurbished.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Speedy service at this modern Italian restaurant. The restaurant was busy but our food arrived very quickly after ordering. Pizzas are large, thin and crispy and delicious. Definitely one of the best pizzas I have had. Everything is well presented. Deserts were good and drinks are reasonably priced for a city centre restaurant. A good choice and would recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I must say that when we arrived, nobody was there. I had to walk to the kitchen. Fnally service was ok and my steak and fries were very good. However our bottle of red wine was warm. No excuse for that. They could improve on service.