“Best Buy for a fantastic 5 days in Vienna”
Review of Hotel Pension Peck

Hotel Pension Peck
Hotel Pension Peck
Ranked #83 of 115 Vienna B&B and Inns
“Best Buy for a fantastic 5 days in Vienna”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I've traveled with my two sisters, and we decided just a three weeks earlier to go to Vienna in a week were most tourist come to this beautiful city. While looking for an accommodation I've realized that a problem of traveling with a car is quit big if you want to stay close to a center of the city. So the best solution find with a help of a friend of mine living in a Vienna was a Simmeringer and Hotel Pension Peck. And we made a excellent choice. First my loving pet, my car, was placed on a closed parking near the hotel, for a very good price. Location of the hotel: SImemeringer Hauptstrasse is a street going right to the center, in front of the hotel is street-train station which will take you right to the center or you can make 2 minutes walk away from the hotel were is U3 station of the metro. Eider going with street-train or the metro you will be in the center of Vienna in a about 10 minutes. Public transportation in Vienna is just excellent. Hotel is probably one of the best buy deals I've ever made, and we got value for every cent spent. Hotel is owned by a very polite family and they will make their best for you to have a best stay ever with an advice were to go, what to see, how to get there... Also, owner of the hotel is always present, she speaks 5 languages and You'll have no problem communicating with them. If you need anything just ask, and they will try their best to help you. Room was very clean and bathroom was spotless. Excellent continental breakfast was a great start of a long walk every day. Also, in this mobile age it is very good to have a WiFi connection in the hotel, and you will have it here. To cut the long story short, if you need a place to stay in a Vienna this hotel is best buy solution and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms looking on a back street are quieter...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ivana V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Peck for one week in the early part of May 2013. I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel.

The room we stayed in, a double, was clean and very comfortable. The surroundings of the hotel felt safe and quiet, and the location of the hotel is only 10 minutes away from the city center if you take the metro (which we highly recommend).

Tanja, the hotel manager, was very helpful and provided us tips to make our stay even more pleasant. She really went the extra effort to help us out whenever we had any questions. Thank you Tanja.

Vienna is an expensive city and we found that the rates hotel Peck charges were very reasonable. We know we will be coming back and staying there when/if we come back to Vienna.

I highly recommend Hotel Peck for all these and more reasons. Don't pass it up!

Good luck on your travels, and thank you Tanja!

Room Tip: There is no fitness center and swimming pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victor G
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed at the Pension Peck Hotel while I was at the European Geoscience Union from Apr 7-13, 2013. The hotel is quite basic, though the family who owns it does a great job running it!

The lady speaks excellent English, and went above an beyond to make my stay a pleasant one!

Breakfasts are a buffet consisting of bread and jam, a good selection of teas, cold cuts, coffee, and usually a morning cake of some sort as well. If not included in your room cost, it is a reasonable 4 euros.

If you are looking for a good value hotel in Vienna (Wien), I highly recommend the Pension Peck

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tylercherrington
Vittorio Veneto, Italy
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We choose this hotel for the end of the year because we decided too late to go to Wien and hotels were full or too expensive for us: pension peck offered the best price, without increasing for the 31at (40 euros per person per night in a double room with breakfast). It is located in a very good place, close to the underground zippererstrasse, there are about 7 stops to get Stephensplatz. The building that hosts it was not intended to be a hotel, and this is clear because the interiors are not very nice like other hotels. The room had the right room for two people, but the cleaning service was not too efficient. Towels were changed every two days. A bad thing was that the bathroom had no heating and sometimes, when we came back in the evening, the entire room was cold (after 15 minutes it was better, anyway). The breakfast was good but if you waiter to nave a lot of choises you should go early at 8. The breakfast room is too small, with only 5 tables for the entire hotel, so it happened that we had to eat on the chairs of the bar. You find in all the rooms signs that forbid to smoke, but someone of the staff smokes inside the hotel, I didn't appreciate it at all. Anyway, all the staff is nice and polite, they are always ready to help you for any problem at any time of the day, and this makes your staying at the pension peck really pleasant.

2 Thank Gabriele K
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This was my first trip to Vienna and also my first time abroad on my own, so I took a bit of time to pick a hotel and used previous reviews to make my decision. I was not disappointed with my choice; the hotel is ideally situated for access to local transport (both the tram network and U-Bahn are within a 2 minute walk), the rooms and breakfast area are well maintained and the staff were all very friendly. The rooms are pretty basic but the bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean with a good shower, which is really all I care about. The breakfast was again fairly basic but everything was fresh and there were different cold meats each day. Internet access is available and the owners very kindly printed my boarding passes on the morning of my departure. In terms of location the hotel is only a 10 minute tram/underground ride from the city centre and with such a good transport network in the city getting about each day was never a problem. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends and family travelling as a group or as individuals. Bottom line - great value.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Grumpy_Says
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The rooms are clean, but bare bones. Sheets and towels are white and fresh. This pension is very close to transit and is very convenient for downtown travel. Transit passes become a must when staying here.

Breakfast is provided and is great, with bread, cheese, deli meats, boiled eggs, juice, coffee and cake. Simple yet fantastic.

Please note that street side rooms can be very loud in the morning.

The owners go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. If you have any questions, ask them. They truly understand service.

Given the price within Vienna, I would stay here again. Don't stay here if you are looking for 3 stars or better.

• Stayed July 2012