“The Whole Package”

Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg
Ranked #61 of 4,151 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: European, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The Whole Package”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Went last night with another couple. The atmosphere is elegant but not so posh as to make you feel uncomfortable. At the recommendation of the waiter we all had the 5 course chef's menu.
There were several small bites provided before the actual meal began which was a very nice touch. Each were beautifully created and presented. The small bites were followed by a duck liver pate with smoked eel and some decorative and tasty accompaniments. There was also a small but sufficient sample of oyster soup. The main was a venison loin prepared via sous vide which delivers a consistent temperature throughout the meat. There was a simple cheese course and a very nice sorbet. Overall the service was supurb, the food delightful and the wine excellent.
For the four of us we agreed that this entire experience provided one of the best, perhaps even the very best dining we have ever enjoyed.
Highly recommended and not too bad on the wallet for what you are getting.

5 Thank JediFox
silvionickol, Chefkoch at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear JediFox,

Thank you very much for your feedback. My team and I are glad to hear that you had a great evening at our restaurant. I will pass on your positive words to my whole crew. Nice to hear that we could provide you maybe the best experience of your life – we would be very glad to repeat that and are able to welcome you again in Vienna.

Greetings to North Carolina

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great but very expensive”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a great place for gourmet food but fair warning the 5 course fix prix was 150 Euro per head, drinks (water, wine) extra.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Stephen D
silvionickol, Chefkoch at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear ScotchTee,

Thank you for your visit and the feedback, you gave to us. I will pass on your positive words to my team. We are glad to hear, that you enjoyed the dishes at our restaurant.

Therefore I hope to see you again soon at my restaurant here in Vienna.

Greetings
Silvio Nickol
Oakland, California
“Creative Gourmet Restaurant”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Silvio Nichol rates with some of the top nouveau cuisine restaurants such as French Laundry in the Napa Valley of California. It provides a multi course extravaganza of flavor. I recommend opting for the wine pairings, each one carefully selected to match each course. But this kind of food and wine do not come inexpensively. Make sure you have lots of capacity on your credit card before dining.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank erich802
silvionickol, Chefkoch at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Eric H.,

I want to thank you for your visit and the great review, you gave to us. It`s fine that you have had a great stay and enjoyed all the courses and the wine pairing. I will also pass on your positive words to the rest of my team.

I hope you visit us again the next time you stay in Vienna.

Greetings to California
Your Silvio Nickol
“Absolutely amazing food and wine and the service was excellent.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This was a special meal for my husbands birthday and we were not disappointed. The food was amazing and they had the biggest and best wine menu I have ever seen! The staff were full of knowledge and the service was excellent. We really enjoyed the whole experience.

• Visited May 2014
7 Thank EmsCE
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and that you have chosen our restaurant to celebrate your husband’s birthday. My team and I are very happy about your positive words and that you and your husband had a great evening at our restaurant.

We really hope to be able to welcome you again at any time.

Culinary greetings
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning dinning experience”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We had the most incredible dinner here during our stay in Vienna. Everything about this place is outstanding. The thing that always counts most is of course the food. We enjoyed their innovative, adventurous and delicious tasting menu. A feast not just for the taste buds but all the senses - some dishes looked too pretty to eat. The service was excellent and the dining room itself feels comfortable and relaxed. It is one of the best places we've dined in for a long time. Would definitely recommend for a special evening!

6 Thank GreekAussieChick
Dear guest,

Thank you for your visit and the feedback, you gave to us. I will pass on your positive words to my team. We are glad to hear, that you have had a great stay at Vienna and enjoyed the dishes at my restaurant. I hope to welcome you again at my restaurant here in Vienna.

Greetings