Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellence comes with a price but if you are a foodie this is a must visit. Best meal we had while in Vienna. Excellent wine list and excellent food. Five star and fabulous. what more is there to say. We loved it.

4  Thank budfoluse
silvionickol, Chefkoch at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear guest,

At first I want to say thank you for visiting my restaurant and giving me feedback on your visit. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the meal and the wine. My team and I really hope to see you again in our restaurant while your next Vienna trip.

Kind regards
Silvio Nickol

There are newer reviews for Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Absolutely outstanding - food, wine, service, atmosphere.
Comes at a price of course but well worth pushing the boat out for an unforgettable experience like this.

2  Thank Sarah P
silvionickol, Chefkoch at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Sarah P,

thanks for visiting us and giving us such a great feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay at our restaurant and enjoyed the food and the wine and had an unforgettable evening.

I am looking forward to seeing you again in Vienna.

Greetings

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Went last night with another couple. The atmosphere is elegant but not so posh as to make you feel uncomfortable. At the recommendation of the waiter we all had the 5 course chef's menu.
There were several small bites provided before the actual meal began which was a very nice touch. Each were beautifully created and presented. The small bites were followed by a duck liver pate with smoked eel and some decorative and tasty accompaniments. There was also a small but sufficient sample of oyster soup. The main was a venison loin prepared via sous vide which delivers a consistent temperature throughout the meat. There was a simple cheese course and a very nice sorbet. Overall the service was supurb, the food delightful and the wine excellent.
For the four of us we agreed that this entire experience provided one of the best, perhaps even the very best dining we have ever enjoyed.
Highly recommended and not too bad on the wallet for what you are getting.

5  Thank JediFox

Dear JediFox,

Thank you very much for your feedback. My team and I are glad to hear that you had a great evening at our restaurant. I will pass on your positive words to my whole crew. Nice to hear that we could provide you maybe the best experience of your life – we would be very glad to repeat that and are able to welcome you again in Vienna.

Greetings to North Carolina

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a great place for gourmet food but fair warning the 5 course fix prix was 150 Euro per head, drinks (water, wine) extra.

2  Thank Stephen D
silvionickol, Chefkoch at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear ScotchTee,

Thank you for your visit and the feedback, you gave to us. I will pass on your positive words to my team. We are glad to hear, that you enjoyed the dishes at our restaurant.

Therefore I hope to see you again soon at my restaurant here in Vienna.

Greetings
Silvio Nickol

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Silvio Nichol rates with some of the top nouveau cuisine restaurants such as French Laundry in the Napa Valley of California. It provides a multi course extravaganza of flavor. I recommend opting for the wine pairings, each one carefully selected to match each course. But this kind of food and wine do not come inexpensively. Make sure you have lots of capacity on your credit card before dining.

5  Thank erich802
silvionickol, Chefkoch at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Eric H.,

I want to thank you for your visit and the great review, you gave to us. It`s fine that you have had a great stay and enjoyed all the courses and the wine pairing. I will also pass on your positive words to the rest of my team.

I hope you visit us again the next time you stay in Vienna.

Greetings to California