“Very knowledgable on everything Vienna”
Review of Viennatour

and up
Vienna Secrets a 2hours Walking Tour to Backyards and Mysterious Locations
Ranked #19 of 127 Tours in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Certified tourist guide, professionally guided sightseeing tours - Vienna & Austria! “Introducing Vienna – The Capital of the Habsburgs” – no pre booking needed! Our favorite 2 hours outdoor walking tour from St. Michael’s square to St. Stephens’s square, including Imperial palace, Heroes square” Josef square, Albertina square, etc. English scheduled tours each – Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 12 PM. Meeting point: On Michaelerplatz # 3, in front of the Bank - Raiffeisen Only 3 min. from the U3 underground station “Herrengasse” Coordinates 48°12'29.86"N, 16°22'0.19"E
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We did a 4 hour tour of Vienna with Herbert, he picked us up at our hotel and took us into the city, he has a very deep knowledge of Vienna and its history, and we did pick up some very interesting facts. As we were travelling with our 3 teenage children, we found the tour to be a little full on and we were overwhelmed with facts and history. In hindsight given we were with our children we should have done a shorter tour. If you are looking for someone with a deep knowledge of the history of Vienna then I would recommend Herbert but if you are looking for a bit of everything I would make this clear to him at the time of your enquiry. Out of all the private tours we had done through our trip, Herbert was the most expensive, perhaps reflecting his deep knowledge of Vienna and its history.

2  Thank ourfreddie
There are newer reviews for Viennatour

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We only had two days in Vienna to see the sights, so we wanted to get the most bang for our buck while we were there. Herbert was a great guide! During the half-day tour, he showed us the main highlights of the historic section of Vienna, but he also showed us some things off the beaten path, which we really enjoyed.
Overall we really enjoyed the tour!

1  Thank Jan S
Herbyvie, Inhaber at Viennatour, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks so lot for your gorgeous review!
Customer satisfaction is my primary intent.
Looking forward to see you again here in Vienna.

Kind regards
Herbert Stojaspal

Reviewed 6 July 2013

After being travelling around Europe for more than 1 month; I arrived to Vienna and although I have friends there; I wanted a profesional to give me a short introduction to the city. I found this web in TA on a monday and I saw the following in his web:

Introducing Vienna-X-Press – no reservation required – available Wednesday’s at 4 pm!

1 hour of highlights – for those without much time – only € 10,- per person (incl. 20% VAT)

Meeting point – on Michaelerplatz in front of the ruins across the church. Only 3 min. from the U3 underground station “Herrengasse”. http://www.viennatour.at/en

So; I decided to wait until wednesday to take a tour as this seemed perfect for what I was looking for. When I arrived to the meeting point; 5 minutes before 4 pm he was already speaking with a group of around 10 people; so I asked in English if that was the tour that was starting at 4 and he annwered me (textual words; I evend wrote it not to forget it as I was soooo angryy): "Yes; but Im sorry; I dont do mixed tours; and this tour is in german" so I told hi, that in the web he doesnt mention anything about that and he just repeated: yes; I know, but I dont do mix tours" and after that he continued talking in german to his group...he said something that I couldnt understand and laugh and continued talking not even looking at me.

I cant believe how he can have such good reviews; I never met before such a rude and unprofesional guide.

5  Thank Depoetasydelocos
Herbyvie, Inhaber at Viennatour, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Madam,

First of all I want to apologize for inconvenient!
That particular situation I remember very well. It was Wednesday July 3rd.
I started the tour at 4pm. About 5 minutes after the hour you showed up and I interrupted my speech to inform you that there will be no English tour that day. In addition I explained why you could not join that tour started at 4pm because I make no multilingual tours.
You asked once again to join and I explained a second time the situation. As well I recommended to join the “Hop-On-Hop-Off” tour by Vienna Sightseeing and showed the next stop close by.
My 18 guests can proof as witnesses that I was polite and friendly.
But I understand your frustration to read there is no booking needed and at the designated meeting point you hear that there is no English tour.
As a result of your review I will change the meeting time for those English tours without reservations.

H. Stojaspal

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We selected Herbert for a six hour walking tour of Vienna for our first day of a seven day stay. A couple of months before our trip, Herbert offered to help arrange the rest of our seven day trip. Based on his recommendations and our research, we selected several activities and side trips for our stay. When we met Herbert at our hotel, he had all the tickets he had purchased for us and took us to the subway station to make sure we knew how to use it. For the next six hours, he took us around Vienna and showed us the major sites and explained the history of Austria and Vienna which provided great context for our visit.
All of Herbert's recommendations, selections for tickets and advice were exceptional. A couple of times, after initially disagreeing on an activity, we eventually went with Herbert's suggestions and are extremely glad we did, as every activity met or exceeded our expectations. Between Trip Advisor reviews and Herbert's recommendations, we selected about 20 activities and side trips for our 7 day stay, and we would rate every one a 5 on a 1 to 5 scale.

1  Thank Alan85aa
Herbyvie, Inhaber at Viennatour, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your great review on TripAdvisor!
I enjoyed our tour as well.
And I hope to see you again in Vienna.

Herbert

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We had a great and informative tour, with a very knowledgeable and experienced guide. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

1  Thank timecop
Herbyvie, Inhaber at Viennatour, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your great review!
It’s a great help for my business.

I hope to see you again in Vienna.

Herbert