“Good hotel, huge room, inexpensive, far from the city.”

Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
Ranked #60 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I booked a river view room at the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront. There are two more Hiltons in Vienna but one of them, the most central one, is undergoing some substantial refurbishment so I decided to chose the Danube Waterfront, that seemed to be the most recent one in the Hilton family.
I booked a riverview room and I am happy of my selection, and I was upgraded at check in to an executive floor room. My room was huge, about 40 square meters, very seldom found in other properties. It had two very comfortable and huge double beds and all the things you need Nd Hilton provides, like fridge, safe, ironing board and iron, desk, plenty of plugs everywhere, big tv screen, etc.
The only problem is distance: the hotel is definitely not near the centre of town, it costed me some 15 euro of taxi fare every time I wanted to go there or come back. There Re no taxis outside the hotel, they have to call one but it comes in a few minutes, at least it does during the week end if it is not raining.

Room Tip: Definitely a river view room, and try the executive club for a small price difference it is worth ha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank giorgiod486
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Giorgio D,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your stay and that you especially appreciated our spacious guest rooms.

At the same time I am truly sorry to hear that our location did not entirely meet your expectations.

I very much to welcome you back sometime at the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront.

Best regards,
Markus Hussler

Write a ReviewReviews (2,570)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very nice hotel. A little far from everything, but there’s a metro station nearby, and it’s safe to walk in the area. There’s also a shopping mall and several grocery stores a couple of blocks away. Food and drink at the hotel is extremely pricey, so the grocery stores came in handy. The room and common areas were always very clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Family_I3,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront and for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor.

I was glad to read that you overall felt comfortable during your stay and I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding the cleanliness of our guest rooms.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed here on a business trip mainly because it was close to the conference center. Received a river view room with a great view and very spacious. The hotel did not however have the 'feel' or either the grand old Hiltons or the modern newer Hiltons. Later I found out that this was another hotel which was refurbished into a Hilton. This can be noticed by the rather small entry lobby and lack of a concierge desk. The check in staff (usually 2 of them) handle all check ins, check outs and concierge services which does make waiting for service rather long. The front desk staff should be given due credit for handling this situation very well and speedily given the circumstances. However do not check out at the last minute in case you are rushing for a flight.

The executive lounge is on the 8th floor and again there is usually only 1 staff member who handles the desk at the front, clearing up dishes and helping with meals. Again, they must be commended for doing a good job.

There are less options for breakfast at the executive lounge compared to the 'E' floor's spread. The
lounge also opens later for breakfast but there is food available until the evening.

As mentioned, rooms are spacious. There is no electrical outlet in the bathroom for an electric shaver but this is a minor detail. One day out of 5 the room was not cleaned properly but again, this is a minor detail. The room service meals are good, especially if you come back late as there are not many restaurants close by. Laundry services cost an extra 50% on the weekend so try to do your laundry during the week. As in most higher class hotels WIFI is NOT INCLUDED in the room price, unless you are a Gold Hilton Honors member. This is something most hotels, especially business ones need to address.

Room Tip: Become a Hilton Honors member and you will get access to better rooms. A gold member will get free w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Imran A,

Thank you for writing this detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront and that you very much appreciated our guest rooms with river view. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff! Positive feedback like yours is a great motivation for our team, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to our guests.

Further to your comments regarding the Internet, I am very sorry if this has negatively influenced your stay with us.

It would be my utmost pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very nice Hilton that sits right on the waterfront of the Danube. Nicely appointed hotel with large rooms and great view of the river. Hotel is about 25 minutes from VIE and costs about 36 Euros one way. Staff is pleasant and helpful. Elevator had some problems but hotel staff fixed promptly. Restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating. A limited selection, but nicely prepared. Hotel is quiet and very clean. Bathrooms are modern and large by European standards. Hotel is not located nearby old downtown or new downtown, but readily accessible to the great walking path along the river. No public transportation found nearby.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Danube. If warm, you can actually open the windows to catch the breeze.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear isdn4u,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences via Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you felt comfortable during your stay and that you enjoyed the great river views. I also greatly appreciate your positive feedback on our spacious guest rooms.

Coming back to your feedback on the public transportation, kindly allow me to explain that the metro station is just a short walk away and I do apologize if that was not mentioned to you.

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have only one word to describe this hotel and that one word is PERFECT! Room is large, very clean. Executive lounge is great, food is excellent, staff is very professional and helpful, food is very delicious. Hotel is near metro station, only 300 m by foot.
The best hotel I have ever been.
Stay the best!

Room Tip: Double queen executive waterfront
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sanja233
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear sanja233,

Thank you ever so much for your fantastic review in regards to your previous stay at the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront.

Feedback like yours is always great to hear and we are more than happy that you felt comfortable and enjoyed our amenities during your visit.

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

What a wonderful hotel!! From the time we arrived, an unbelievably helpful and courteous staff was there to help us. We had a rive view room, which was large, clean and spectacular. Everyone went out of their was to help us. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent and the staff was pleasant and did everything they could to make our meal enjoyable. I can't say enough about this place. It was a calm, quiet, beautiful oasis inside a wonderful city. The swans swimming down the river outside our window topped off the experience!! Kudos to all who work here and have done such a great job.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. It's worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear peggyabq,

Thank you very much for writing this wonderful review!
We very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions and we are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I also would like to thank you very much for your great feedback regarding the friendliness of our staff and our breakfast offer. Further to that I was thrilled to read that you could enjoy our special location to the fullest.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A very pleasant hotel with good facilities and friendly competent staff. A short walk away is U2 metro station with trains to CKarlplatz, Central Vienna taking only 10 minutes. Otherwise a walk takes about one hour through the park.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear davidcG1196CB,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this fantastic review in addition to filling out our guest questionnaire!

We highly appreciate your positive feedback and I am very much looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront soon.

With kind regards from Vienna,