“Not too bad!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not too bad!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I must say that the view of the New Danube was the highlight of this property. What a beautiful, relaxing place to be on vacation. The room was ok, but it seemed a little too hot, I'm still not sure if the AC was working. It was modern but I had no idea that hotel is located along the train tracks and in a secluded section of Vienna. It was, however, very quiet even though the local ship yard is down the street. Fortunately, the train station was about a 10-15 minute walk, so it was easy to get to and from the downtown Vienna area. My mom is a pretty active senior, so she didn't have any problems, but it would be difficult for those who have trouble walking. The restaurant is a little pricey for the food they offer but the appetizers in the bar overlooking the river are delicious! They serve nice, cold Zipfer beer, a great way to end a weary night of travel! I probably wouldn't stay there again, only because it's a little too out of the way, but it wasn't a bad Mother's Day trip!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Geraldine M,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor.

I was glad to read that you felt comfortable during your stay and that you especially enjoyed our location on the banks of the river Danube.

Furthermore, I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback on the air condition and our restaurant offer.

Best regards,
Markus Hussler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Right on the Danube with a view of the River and City Centre in the distance.
Large comfortable room with two Kingsize Beds and Eight pillows!
Facilities are new ,nicely presented with a generous size room with great views of the sunrise over the Danube.
Close to city centre by U Bahn and shopping facilities.
A word of caution as one of our tour group had her handbag stollen in the hotel foyer whilst she was distracted conversing with her partner.
A great value hotel and I will definitely stay here on my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views of the Danube
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BryanM12
Dear BryanM12,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront.

It was a pleasure to read that you felt comfortable during your stay and that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms as well as our the fantastic Danube view.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Waterfront soon.

With kind regards,
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It is a bit out of the city centre, but the Hilton Hotel Vienna Danube has so much going for it. In a city where quality high end hotels are if not the norm, but certainly very available, this hotel has a special wow factor that some of the more traditional establishments lack.
Reception is a breeze, very friendly, extremely professional and most helpful. Our initial room on the seventh floor was a little too warm for us and we easily transferred down to a lower floor:two comfortable queen beds, substantial bathroom, and lots of room. And of course cooler. The view from the large (opening) windows of the river and surrounding parklands was outstanding, and the river proved to be very quiet but definitely not a “Blue Danube”.

Although definitely a Corporate chain hotel, this is,a gem of a place; exceptionally well run with the eye for detail you would hope for.
The restaurant and bars also face the river, but did not in any way detract from our stay, both food and service where just right and the staff there assisted wherever possible. Certainly not the cheapest place to eat but our enjoyment made up for this.
Down side ? Well I think if you came to stay here, and only booked a city view room, then disappointment, or maybe envy would only be natural as the view is such a bonus. The city view, apart from a distant Ferris wheel, consists of one of the huge social housing blocks and the freight railway that runs parallel to the busy main road and almost forms part of the foundations of the hotel. It is a strange configuration. However on the river side, we were unaware of any freight traffic.but were fascinated by the occasional river traffic.
We also enjoyed the riverside pool, which was a real bonus for us.
Checkout was even more relaxed than checking in. Very helpful people.
As always a hotel can have all the facilities under the sun, but it is the people on the ground, the staff, that really make a stay, and so it was with our extra more relaxed thanlong weekend.
Thoroughly recommended but get that river view and wave at the people on the Hotelboats that periodically glide past.

Room Tip: go for a river view: you will not regret it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cherriesfan_9
Dear cherriesfan_9,

Thank you very much for writing this detailed review on Tripadvisor.
I was delighted to read your very positive feedback and that you enjoyed your stay at the Waterfront.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Innsbruck
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The largely positive quite reviews hide a bit the fact that the hotel is one level below the other two Hiltons in Vienna concerning ambiente of reception, lounge and so on.
This hotel is, however, often a very attractive option if the other two Hiltons are nearly full and can get tremendously expensive. It is surprisingly quick to reach the subway or the local 'Zielpunkt' supermarket from the hotel. The rooms are unusually large, the bathrooms are normal. The biggest drawback for me was that this is the only Hilton I have ever been where diamond members are not allowed to the normal breakfast. I asked about this and was told I could only go to the lounge which offers a limited selection (scrambled egg+sausages+cold plates). And the lounge has different, shorter breakfast times than the usual Hilton (worldwide) times. Both issues are strange and a huge drawback and should simply be changed. The lounge room itself is quite nice and on the top floor. The lounge has no 'secretary' for asking something, just one or two waitresses which were very friendly.

Room Tip: Danube side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mimainn
Nina R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear mimainn,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback regarding your stay in Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront.

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay.
As diamond member of course you get the highest upgrade, which means a room upgrade, view to the Danube and of course access to the Executive Lounge.
I am sorry, that breakfast is no part of an upgrade but I will immediately forward your feedback.
Our waitresses in the Executive Lounge are as well Concierge and desk clerk.
Please do not hesitate to ask them whatever and whenever you need something. We are pleased to help you anytime.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Nina Rosanelli
Executive Lounge Manager
Pakostane, Croatia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My family enjoyed in the hotel and that is the most important. Its just 15 min from the center by U2 bahn and 25 min from the Schönbrunn palace and the famous zoo. There is supermarket just 2min and shopping center 5min from the hotel. Breakfast is standard and very good. Staff is very helpfull and nice. I booked my room over Hilton web site and get the best price I think :). We will come back.

Room Tip: I had a room with city view. When ever you like you can go to hotel bar and enjoy in river view and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Mlinka,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences in regards to your recent stay.

With pleasure I read that you and your family enjoyed the time at our hotel. Furthermore, I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the friendliness of our staff and our breakfast offer.

I am truly looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Assam
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I happened Vienna with my brother in April 2014 and stayed at the hotel for more then a week .The hotel is located just on the river front and the view from the rooms is very pleasant especially in evening. One can a morning stroll on the river side too.The rooms are good and the service too .The restaurant staff were more then accommodating for a vegetarian like me .The lounge bar is excellent. The front staff are very helpful and the metro station is located at 5 minutes walk to move around the city .Only thing its little bit far off from main city center but one gets to enjoy its surroundings specially the river front.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear rajtrips,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront and I would like to thank you for your great feedback on the friendliness of our staff and our guest rooms with river view.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Vienna in the near future.

Best regards,
Shediac, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

What can I say- Hilton knows how to do a great hotel! This hotel is situated right on the bank of the Danube. Although I’m here during a chilly,cloudy spring it would be a fabulous place in the summer- the outside bar/ restau would be amazing to spend the day or night.

The hotel is comfortable and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are typical hilton (in a good way) and it feels like the hotel is new or recently renovated.

Although the hotel is away from the city centre- the metro is literally 350 metres from front door. The metro line is U2 (purple) and the stop is Stadion. It’s actually nice to stay away from the city centre-especially during the summer. It takes about 20 minutes from Stadion to Karlsplatz (city centre).

We stayed on the executive floor and were rewarded with a fabulous lounge that served breakfast, tea and evening happy hour-all served plentiful food and drink. Prosecco at
the end of they day was very welcome. Good job Hilton!
Hotel is suitable for couples, families and groups.

Room Tip: I'd highly reccommend the executive floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lio-and-Ben,

Thank you very much for writing this detailed review in regards to your recent visit!

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our guest rooms, the friendliness of our staff and our breakfast offer. It was also nice to hear that you especially enjoyed our location on the river Danube and our riverside terrace.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront in the future.

Kind regards from Vienna,