“Adequate”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Zealand
“Adequate”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is in a lovely setting by the Danube River.We had a big spacious bedroom with 2 huge double beds. Clean modern decor and nice bathroom. Went for a walk and have to admit was not comfortable in the area.There seemed to be a lot of flats nearby and found myself looking behind all the time after observing some of the folk walking nearby.Plus, to have an iron and ironing board.Lovely selection of food in the restaurant. I dont think I would stay here again due to distance from town and location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VeronikaNewZealand
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear VeronicaNewZealand,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor!

I was happy to read your positive feedback on our guest rooms and our restaurant offer. At the same time I am truly sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable in the surrounding area of our hotel. Normally it tends to be a very quiet residential area and due to our unique location on the river Danube you have got a huge variety of different kinds of sports or the possibility to just relax at the Danube, in the park or at the Danube island

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Markus Hussler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is great! It is not too far from the city centre and the location is great!
I really having a cheeky cocktail in the evening and just stare at Danube. Me and my friend stayed in a twin room with huge beds. Most comfortable room I've stayed in. I would have not expected less. Good job Hilton for opening this place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Georgina B
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Georgina B,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you especially appreciated our comfortable rooms and our location. At the same time is great to hear that you could enjoy the evening at our Waterfront terrace.

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice and beautiful botel. Location far from citty center. Great River views. Subway close that was helpful. Clean, business oriented hotel. Would stay here on business biut not again on a vacation.
Bar was not very knowledgeable, breakfast was great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Doug S,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

I very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I also greatly appreciate your positive feedback on our breakfast offer. Coming back to your comment on our location however, I am sorry to hear that we could not entirely meet your expectations.

Nevertheless, I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel in the near future.

Ra'anana, Israel
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very nice hotel. Beautiful large rooms with great view of the Danube. Very good service. Only fault is distance from center - ~20 minutes by taxi. For us this was cause to go back to Hilton Vienna, which is on the ring, but.... if you don't mind the distance, or city center is not the center (;-)) of your visit, this place is a great start.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Danube, at a lower floor, seem to offer better scenery.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Inons,

thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor in regards to your recent stay.

With pleasure I read that you felt comfortable at the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront and that you especially enjoyed our spacious guest rooms with Danube view.

Coming back to your feedback on our location however, I am truly sorry to hear that we could not completely live up to your expectations.

Nevertheless, I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here in May 2014. What a pleasant stay! The room was large and very clean and the windows could be opened to a breathtaking view of the Danube river. The hotel had many amenities, a large swimming pool, a fitness and spa area, internet access and computers. In our room we had complimentary coffee and tea.
The buffet breakfast was superb, it had a variety of well prepared and tasty food.
The staff at the restaurant and everywhere was attentive and helpful.
We recommend this hotel. The Hilton brand never disappoints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 2Cubanas
Dear 2Cubanas,

I would like to thank you very much for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

With great pleasure I read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I am happy that our location as well as our amenities could contribute very positively to your visit. Furthermore, I was glad to read your feedback on the friendliness of our staff.

I hope you will visit us again whenever your travels bring you back to Vienna.

Best regards,
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As a Hilton Diamond, I was excited that a meeting I was attending was at the Hilton Danube. Upon checking in, I was advised I had an upgraded room overlooking Danube. Great. When I got to the room and opened the door, I was shocked to see the room was occupied. I made the trek downstairs and had to wait on a long line to finally get served again and get my room.

The room itself was an upgrade and did have a fabulous view.

Being at a conference with a number of customers, I frequented the bar. The staff was not prepared for customers. They took extremely long to fill simple orders like 2 rieslings, a chardonnay and a savignon blanc. The got it wrong once. They brought the bill and then brought the missing drink. However, they brought another bill. As many people were drinking, I'm not sure, but I believe they had me pay twice.

When I went to use the fitness room, I stopped at the fitness check-in and asked the girl if they had water in the room. She told me no but was willing to sell me a still bottle, 50cl. for EURO 4. I was thirsty so bought it, opened it and walked to the fitness room, only to find they had a water dispenser. Ripping me off of another EURO 4!

The executive lounge was never manned and the food was less than specatular. Lastly, upon check-out there is no queing system. There is one check-out person around a pole and people continually cut the que and use him.

The hotel really could be good as the terrace, view and rooms are fabulous but they really need to fix some problems.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nina R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear SNG55,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
We take your feedback really serious and please be assured that we will investigate in all mentioned cases due to the fact that this definitely does not come up with our standards.
It would be a pleasure if you would give us the chance to talk personally and find suitable solutions.

Best regards,
Nina Rosnaelli
Executive Lounge Manager
Mindanao
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, loved the waterfront view and was able to get in some exercise as their fitness center was open 24/7! :) loved that it can only be accessed by someone with a door key. Equipment was clean, with clean towels, an elliptical and state of the art treadmillS with an S..yes plural as there were three :) the lady in charge was also very helpful and friendly.
Rooms were clean and bed was very comfortable. Toiletries were by peter thomas roth. loved it. thank you very much.
Breakfast!! Had a great selection of breads, protein and beverage. Overall a very nice hotel I wouldn't mind staying at again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Travelover95,

I would like to you very much for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor.

With pleasure I read that you had a great stay at our hotel and that you very much enjoyed our Waterfront location as well as our fitness centre.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards,