“Average, but clean and quite”

Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
Ranked #58 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sibenik, Croatia
“Average, but clean and quite”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed for three nights at this hotel when visiting Vienna for The Rolling Stones concert which was the main reason why did I choose this hotel(located just 0.7 km from the stadium). Whilst I could not single out any big issue, there seems to be a standard problem with Hilton staff at the bar(desperately slow, same as Hilton at T5 Heathrow). Then, there's an issue with internet access; I mean, this is a 21st century, just let everyone have it for free! The price tag of 20 Euros for a 24 hours use for hotel guests is a rip-off, that much we pay monthly rate in Europe for internet, telephone and TV! I am pretty sure I will not stay there again, unless there's an event at the nearby stadium

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nina R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Medobrunda,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I was glad to read that you overall felt comfortable and I hope you enjoyed the concert.
Coming back to the rest of your evaluation however, I wish to apologize for any inconveniences caused during your stay and I am really sorry for the incident at our bar. Of course the described does not come up with our standards.
Further to your comment on our Internet, may I advise you that internet is free of charge in our public areas. The amount of 20€ is just in our rooms for the high speed internet.

It would be a pleasure for us, to welcome you back in our hotel.

Best regards,
Nina Rosanelli
Executive Lounge Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a family room & it was very good.The staff were helpful.Free wifi was provided only in the lobby area.The hotel is not near the city centre, but the station is a 5 minute walk.As the breakfast was not complimentary we chose to have food outside.The breakfast was priced 19 -23 euro.

• Stayed June 2014
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear ‘Nair46’,
Thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront.´

I was delighted to read that you felt comfortable and I would like to thank you for your very positive feedback on our staff.

Coming back to your comments on our location and Internet offer, I am sorry to hear that we were not able to entirely meet your expectations and I wish to apologize if this has clouded your stay with us.

Nevertheless, I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards from Vienna,
Perth
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Sensational rooms!! Brilliant view of the Danube. Rooms are large and very comfortable with excellent amenities available. Restaurants serve great food and there are some lovely outdoor areas to relax and eat

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PrincessMcbuff
Dear ‘PrincessMcbuff’,

Thank you for writing this great review.

I very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions and I am glad to hear that you very much enjoyed our location on the river Danube and our comfortable guest rooms.
Furthermore, I would like to thank you for your feedback on our restaurant.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront in the near future.

Kind regards from Vienna,
DC Metro
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is comfortable and modern-- up to Hilton's standards, but not remarkable, though river views are nice & our room was quiet.

As other reviewers note-- is it not in the center of town. All the sites are accessible by the U-Bahn which is less than a ten minute walk from the hotel. This was no problem during our week there, but i do think next time I stay in Vienna, I will stay closer to the center of things. There is a grocery nearby for snacks and supplies, but it closes at seven.

Breakfast buffet is ample and there is an opportunity to sit outside during nice weather, which was nice because indoors got a little crowded.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors Gold get upgraded to a river view if available at check in, when a standard room was b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Homestead_And_Abroad
Dear ‘Homestead_And_Abroad’,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions in regards to your recent stay at our hotel.

With pleasure I read that you felt comfortable and that you could enjoy your breakfast at our Waterfront terrace.
I also greatly appreciate your feedback on our location.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your feedback and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best regards,
New Zealand
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is in a lovely setting by the Danube River.We had a big spacious bedroom with 2 huge double beds. Clean modern decor and nice bathroom. Went for a walk and have to admit was not comfortable in the area.There seemed to be a lot of flats nearby and found myself looking behind all the time after observing some of the folk walking nearby.Plus, to have an iron and ironing board.Lovely selection of food in the restaurant. I dont think I would stay here again due to distance from town and location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VeronikaNewZealand
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear VeronicaNewZealand,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor!

I was happy to read your positive feedback on our guest rooms and our restaurant offer. At the same time I am truly sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable in the surrounding area of our hotel. Normally it tends to be a very quiet residential area and due to our unique location on the river Danube you have got a huge variety of different kinds of sports or the possibility to just relax at the Danube, in the park or at the Danube island

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is great! It is not too far from the city centre and the location is great!
I really having a cheeky cocktail in the evening and just stare at Danube. Me and my friend stayed in a twin room with huge beds. Most comfortable room I've stayed in. I would have not expected less. Good job Hilton for opening this place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Georgina B
Markus H, General Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Georgina B,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you especially appreciated our comfortable rooms and our location. At the same time is great to hear that you could enjoy the evening at our Waterfront terrace.

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice and beautiful botel. Location far from citty center. Great River views. Subway close that was helpful. Clean, business oriented hotel. Would stay here on business biut not again on a vacation.
Bar was not very knowledgeable, breakfast was great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Doug S,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

I very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I also greatly appreciate your positive feedback on our breakfast offer. Coming back to your comment on our location however, I am sorry to hear that we could not entirely meet your expectations.

Nevertheless, I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,