Best Western Hotel Pension Arenberg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
Ruby Lissi Hotel Vienna(Vienna)
Hotel Post(Vienna)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbreakfast hourstram stopdecent locationan ideal locationu bahn stationbreakfast was delicioustea and coffeeenjoyed my staycold meatsyogurtdanubecathedraleur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Booked two rooms for one night at this Hotel a few weeks in advance of travel and received booking confirmation. When we arrived we were told that they had a problem with the rooms and that they would arrange a taxi to take us to another hotel. The taxi was actually one of the hotel staff who had a car conveniently parked outside. We were also joined by another person who was also being taken to another hotel due to 'problems' with the room. We were taken to the Hotel Cristall which was just around the corner, standard was below that of a Best Western. Reading Tripadvisor reviews it appears that this Best Western Hotel quite often has some sort of problem with it's rooms and miraculously manages to transport guests to another hotel with pre-booked rooms!!
If you do book this hotel don't be surprised if the booking isn't honoured and you end up staying somewhere else! Not the Best Western standard I would expect.

Room Tip: Book elswehere
Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Martin G
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This was a nice pension and clean. Walls were rather thin but guests seemed middle aged and quiet. I didn't get breakfast but was told it was 18 euro which seems pricey, but it did look like a nice spread. Staff were polite and helpful. Location is a bit of walk to city center (or cathedral) but taking the RingTram was very easy. Somewhat small rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ld851
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Good location is one of the most important advantages of this hotel. If you want to reach the reception you need to use steps or an elevator - because hotel is located as the part of a bigger building (if I am right only two floors belong to Best Western hotel?). Our suite was very cosy and well furnished. What was a big plus. The bathroom was't very big- just enought. Unfortunetlly balcony was very very small - it was imposible for two people to sit together and enjoy the view. Breakfast was delicious with many kind of fruits, bread, meat etc. After check out we could left our bags in the reception area and came back for them when we wish (Thank you Best Western!).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aalexandraa
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I just stayed 4 nights in this hotel. The main problem is that my room was located just about 5 meters from the reception, seriously (it was the room n. 24)! It was so embarrassing, because people coud hear when I sneeze easily. I know that because from my room I heard other people walking and sneezing and talking in the reception and in the corridor. Bottom line: NEVER, EVER stay in this hotel with family, girlfriend or (God forbids) in a honeymoon!

Also the breakfast (wich was really good) table was in front of the reception. Since they started to prepare the stuff for the breakfast early and the guests started to eat at 7 am, you can easily imagine the poor nights I had.

The hotel actually stays in 2 floors inside a commercial building, with other businesses in other floors. Since I arrived late in the sunday, I had to knock insistently in order to enter the reception, wich is located in the 2nd floor.

In the first night a clerk from the staff of the hotel entered my room without my permission, she didnt speak English... and I was naked surfing in the net (no, I was NOT looking for adult content in the net, it happened that my room was just too hot. I swear!) I complained in the reception (just put a shirt and a trouser, opened the door and gave 2 steps to the left), who first denied, then recognized she had entered my room and apologized...

I give 2 stars just because of the breakfast, that was good, and because I payed just 52 euros/night for the room. With the benefit of hindsight it would be much better to stay in a nice B&B, a decent 2 or 3 star for the same price or even go to a hostel. Another option was to spend more 30 or 40 euros and stay in a REAL 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the 3rd floor, far away from the reception in the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bfmaceio
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I would say a lower 4 Star but very chatming and a great staff!

• Stayed: November 2011