Best Western Hotel Pension Arenberg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
Ruby Lissi Hotel Vienna(Vienna)
Hotel Post(Vienna)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbreakfast hourstram stopdecent locationan ideal locationu bahn stationbreakfast was delicioustea and coffeeenjoyed my staycold meatsyogurtdanubecathedraleur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here a couple of months ago, while being on a business trip in Austria. This place is clean and its location is perfect for visiting the city. Unfortunately, these are the only pro' s that I could discover.
The food just lacks the taste, the room is very small and uncomfortable, and the WIFI signal is intermittent. The prices are not what you could call small.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Howard G
Reviewed 12 January 2014

From 30.12.2013 until 05.01.2014 I booked a reservation in Hotel Pension Best Western Arenberg in Vienna for the price of approximately 1100 euros ( 6 nights). I wanted to try out the Viennese flair und opted for a junior suite just as the pictures in booking.com suggested.
It’s not clear in the photos but the hotel takes up just two stories in the building you see. First surprise there.
Unfortunately when my girlfriend and I got there we got crammed into a small room which did not fit our standards (and what we paid for them) at all. Upon asking the receptionist if the reservation had been correctly booked we were told that the room is considered a junior suite (!!!). I tried booking something else but everything was fully booked ( Vienna and New Year you see).
Unfortunately, this was not the only problem. The Wifi-connection kept failing, you needed a password daily to get connected but don’t count on reading anything.
The room was relatively clean, although the spots on the sofa might be suggesting otherwise. No slippers or bathrobe which for a 4-star hotel doesn’t fit in the picture.
The breakfast was poor, not fresh prepared, the bread was old , the cheese must have been lying there the whole length of our stay ( maybe it’s out of plastic), the salad had definitely formed a crust on top, we must have eaten sausages every single morning because everything else looked dangerous.
Our room was right next to the dining room so we could hear the whole breakfast preparation and the people eating each morning.
The bathroom had not been renovated, was not ventilated and you can forget about toiletries. Don’t try bathing in the morning, just about everyone is taking a shower and taking up hot water.
Upon leaving I notified the receptionist ( another one ) that I was deeply dissatisfied and would be making negative comments, she tried to speak to the manager in order to get a reduction, he granted just one free parking day for my car ( 28 euros!!!).
I am deeply disappointed with this hotel, will not be recommending it to anyone, the only notable advantage ( convenient location) is irrelevant since you can find other hotels either in the same region for less money and equal services or better hotels even closer to Stephansdom for this sum.

Room Tip: Room 8 ,right next to breakfast room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank kokosis
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Pension Arenberg is just what advertised - old world pension charm and decorated accordingly.. Prices, while not cheap, are reasonable for an accommodation located in the center of Vienna. Excellent location on tram ring at station. Only 5 minutes from U bahn station. The Arenberg is spotless. The breakfast buffet is like nothing you have ever seen before. There are multiple choices of fresh fruits, breads, cold meats, cheeses, yogurts, cereals, eggs, juices, tea/coffee served in a lovely breakfast room. The staff is very friendly and is more than accommodating helping the guests with travel information, booking tours, and even restaurant suggestions. Before arrival the Reservation Desk was courteous enough to respond to my inquiry on how to access local public transportation from the EC train providing U bahn train numbers and names of connecting stations. The manager was kind enough to assist me with my airline check-in and even rescued me at 6 AM when my taxi did not show up to take me to the train station [going well beyond the call of duty] ! The service is what separates the wheat from the chaff of a fine hotel!!

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker be sure to note that on your reservation.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Dolores P
Reviewed 8 October 2013

when i arrived at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Pension Arenberg there was an unpleasant surprise- i was told by receptionist that despite my reservation made well in advance, they did not have a room for me because there was a “problem with the door” in the room reserved for me. She offered me a room in a different hotel few blocks away. I asked why no one contacted me ahead of time and she did not have an answer, but said she was sorry. She was nice and i don't have any issues with her, but I am completely outraged with the management. In my opinion they should have warned me ahead of time there was a problem and should have directed me to go to the hotel nearby before I came from train station with my luggage. In my opinion this is completely unprofessional and quite opposite of hospitality. When i arrived at the hotel I was tired after flying from Ukraine, making my way through everything modern air travel involves including customs, security checks, luggage checks etc. I also could not afford losing any time since I only had one evening in Vienna….unbelievable rudeness!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank vladimir k
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Having stayed in this pension a couple of times, I have nothing against into choosing it also next time. However for a pension, not to confuse with hotel, this might be too pricey, so would compare before booking. The breakfast provided was always good and well done, the athmosphere classic and personal, which I prefer. The only one thing which once happened here some years ago, was that we had an issue at night with the doors and the nightguard did not respond, which was a bit unpleasant, but was settled later on.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple