Hotel Das Tigra
Hilton Vienna(Vienna)
US$175
US$171
  • Room Service
All reviewsquiet streetrecommend this hotelbuilding siteexcellent locationgreat hotelbuilding workwalking distanceminute walkgood sizehot and cold foodspanish riding schoolinner citymain attractionscentral hotelbreakfast roomfree wifist stephen's cathedral
Reviewed 31 December 2013

When booking our trip, my travel agent found the Best Western and suggested it, due to it's close proximity to all of the sites. Not only is it in the heart of Vienna (steps from St. Stephen's, Opera House, Imperial Palace, etc.), but close to great restaurants, shopping and transit. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly, but the surprising thing was how gorgeous the hotel is (and Motzart used to live in that building!). The rooms are beautiful and any time I head back to Vienna, that is where I'll stay. Fantastic experience!

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor (8) - ask for a room up here, as the views out of the hotel are beautiful (architecture) and it's quieter up here. The breakfast room is on floor 2, so I'd stay away from there. (no swimming pool).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank simchrkim
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very very friendly staff. Spoke great English and were very helpful with suggestions of things to see/do/eat. Clean rooms. Easy to walk to all main attractions. The buffet was ok but I think I am just used to more of an american buffett

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

A well located hotel in 1st district on a quiet road. The room was a decent size of the cost and location. And the bed/mattress was one of the best i've exprienced in recently. Spottless room. And the breakfast was generous and good quality.

The only thing that lets this hotel down is that for a 4 star you'd expect things like roomservice, bathroom gowns.

Room Tip: Book via a third party for cheaper prices. Spend a bit more and go for a comfort room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in the hotel when traveling on business and than longer, when relocating to Vienna. The location is central, but quiet, on a less travelled street. The service was impeccable and I truly enjoyed the HUGE daily breakfast in my room. If you call in advance you can get the street parking for only 8 EUR/day! If you can, take the newly refurbished rooms -- especially the Jr suite that has a small balcony. The beds are huge and comfortable, the shower magnificent - just what the traveller needs...The staff is extremely nice. If I would travel again, this would be my choice.

Room Tip: Great location, bed, breakfast, shower, parking. Quiet street except on Saturday nite- excellent sound proof windows.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
SabrinaWien, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you very much for your feedback and again sorry for the Inconvenience with the bed
Best regards
Markos Georgakakis
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel is well priced as it has breakfast included in it. Room was small standard Europe size rooms, bathroom was small also. Single beds we're put together, I was on my honeymoon and this type of room should not have been given to me. Not bad for the price plus breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple