“Good value”
Review of Hotel Reither

Hotel Reither
Ranked #314 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 18 July 2012

A good hotel which was less expensive than many in Vienna (an expensive city) - due to being out of the centre, not because lacking in quality or facilities. Rooms reasonably sized, had recent makeover (as had rest of hotel). Clean, neat tidy. Breakfast excellent with particularly wide choice including hot (crispy bacon, sausage, scrambled egg). Staff polite and helpful. Garage available also limited free on-street parking nearby. Metro station 5 mins walk, excellent service to all areas of city, had absolutely no concerns about walking from metro to hotel late at night despite being in mainly a commercial area.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Location

Although not within walking distance of Vienna’s many attractions, the hotel is fairly close to Langenfeldgasse and Gumpendorfer Strasse Metro stations and assorted trams and buses which make travel easy.

Although, I agree that it is not in one of the most salubrious part of Vienna.

In my view, Vienna has one of the best integrated public transport networks on the planet.
I bought a 72 hour travel card from the machine at the Langenfeldgasse station which at €13.90 seems excellent value-for-money. Remember to validate it before using it for the first time
It is close to both the Westbahnhof and the Meidling Station (being used whilst the former Sudbahnhof is being developed). I was catching a train from the former which Is why I used the hotel but would consider it for a more general stay.

Rooms

The rooms are a good size with efficient radiators and windows which open fully.
The beds are comfortable; there is a good size workspace with pretty good wi-fi and two arm chairs.

The toilet is separate from the bathroom, which I like, and there is also an “air-lock” – two doors between the bed and the corridor - which lessens the noise from fellow guests. Given the propensity for shouting and slamming doors by fellow guests I often want to ask “Do you behave like this at home?” Sadly, I think that the answer is probably “yes” which is why all hotels should have an “air-lock” like this one.

All-in-all a much better standard of room than many from the BW chain.

Breakfast

There is a reasonable buffet breakfast and a restaurant on the premises (which I did not use).

Staff

The staff were friendly – although I did not have to ask them any “hard” questions as I know the city quite well.

Other Facilities

There is a pool, sauna and parking (again which I did not use).

Value-for-Money

I travel extensively and for what you get, this hotel represents excellent value-for-money.

Room Tip: Back rather than front - although the road is very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank GOM99
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Zagraff's claims are incorrect. I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and plan to stay overnight again later this month. There is Internet in the rooms and there is also a goo breakfast.

- P. Budapest -

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PeteBp
BWReither, Manager at Hotel Reither, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear PeteBp,
thanks for your positive rating. We were glad to read that you have felt well in our hotel. We are also pleased to welcome you again in the future and we hope, that all will be to your satisfaction.
Best greetings from Vienna!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and here is the summary of my experience:
1. Reasonably priced hotel: considering the fact that it is a 4 star hotel.
2. Good location: this hotel is almost centrally located, just few stations away from the city centre.
3. Friendly and supportive staff
4. Good buffet breakfast.
5. Nice and clean rooms.
6. Swimming pool and Sauna facility
Overall, it was a reasonably good package and I will surely recommend this hotel for all.

Room Tip: If you do the reservation in a little advance, you can get some amazing prices. Be on the lookout fo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SurjeetSachdeva
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Terrible experience, the lights went out last Wednesday night during my stay, couldn't find bathroom facilities, no emergency lighting, and of course no internet, nor breakfast. While it was not the hotels fault, asking for cash to pay the bill and being pissed off because I did not have any and without any consideration of what just happened is really poor service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank zagraff
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The hotel is really good one. I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. It was booked by one of my local friends, without prepaid.
My room was big enough and clean, sleep quality is well. The free internet Wi-Fi access in the room and the free sauna and swimming pool are the advantages.
Good breakfast buffet, which offers different choices, is another positive point.
The staffs are very friendly and helpful, seems they are ready to offer whatever you need or ask.
Hotel location is not in the center or ring, but the metro station is only in less than 5 minutes walking distance and you will find yourself in the center of the city just in 15 minutes.
I couldn’t find any negative point when the manager of hotel asked my feedback, when I was leaving the hotel.
And the last but not least, the rate which hotel offered me was very good in compare with same rate hotels in Vienna. Definitely, it value for the money.
I felt, I’m at home and will back there in my next visit to Vienna, for sure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
BWReither, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Reither, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear Mr. HadiaK,
thank you for your positive appraisement. We are glad to read, that you were highly pleased with your stay in our hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you again. Please let us know for future, if you need something to make your next stay in Vienna even more comfortable. Kind regards and greetings from Vienna - Best Western Hotel Reither

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Excellent staff. Great service. But hot in september. Fan provided on request. Overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2011