Schlosshotel Roemischer Kaiser
US$97
US$91
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspedestrian streetversace tilescharming small hotelpink towelsopera houseperfect locationold worldeggs made to orderdouble windowsmozart concertthe main shopping areathe staff were extremely helpfulviennese stylejunior suitethe air conditioninghuge bathroombreakfast room
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed at Römischer Kaiser for about 10 days last year. At first, everything seemed fine, the staff was very friendly, but as it turned out soon they were not really customer oriented. We noticed we only got 2 bath robes, ( although being 3 guests in the suite) The staff confirmed that a third one would be brought to the room immediatley but it took them 5 days (!) to do so. Also, the shower head was not working properly. They promised to send someone to fix it, but of course it never worked for the entire stay.

What i liked about the Römischer Kaiser:

-The location is just great, it's in the middle of vienna's old city center.
-The hotel rooms are very quiet, you really don't hear a thing at all, except for the church bells.
-There's been a nespresso machine in our room
-The bathroom design was very nice! (versace)

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maedi1998
Reviewed 4 June 2009

A few years ago I started staying in chain hotels in Europe. I had bad experiences with locally owned hotels that turned the air conditioning off from the office, and adjusted the temperature from the office, and kept the room too warm to be comfortable. Therefore a few years ago I started staying in chain hotels, and have not had a problem with hot rooms again, until here.

The first day I went to the office and told them, my a/c was not turned on, and the desk clerk said he would turn it on. Later it was still hot, and I asked him again, and he said he forgot but would do so. That night it was hot andI came down and talked to the night clerk, and he came up to the room, and said the reason it was so hot was that the heat from the day was trapped in the room, and if I would open the windows for awhile, and then close them, it would cool down. We did that, and it stayed hot all night.

The next night I came down again, and the desk clerk came up and checked, and then brought a fan up. The fan simply blew hot air around, and did no good, and we had to open the windows to be bearable.

The next night it was hot again, but too hot outside to open the windows, and the last night it was the hottest of all.

Incidentally, the breakfast room was even warmer than the bedroom. I noticed that in the lobby they sometimes left the doors open to try to get some air in from the outside.

Other than that, the hotel was very nice, was conveniently located, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was simply too hot to be comfortable. The guests we saw were practically all Europeans, and Europeans seem to be more aclimated than we are to hot hotels.

I would recommend this hotel in the Winter, early Spring or late Fall, when the weather is cool, but would not recommend it in the Summer, late Spring or early Fall, because it is simply too warm to be comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank traveljoy10
Reviewed 1 June 2009

What a hidden GEM this hotel is the most wonderful I have EVER stayed at . My husband and I arrive here and were taken care of from the get go. I honestly can not say enough great complements. Just Wowed us over and over . Great location, Great customer service, Beautiful rooms , Super breakfast !!A big hello to Sabrina, you work very hard. As did everyone we met and not . The person who cleaned our room and did the turn down service in the evening . We never saw you , but you did a great job. The desk and attendance folks could not of been more helpful.I could go on and on . My suggestion is to go and enjoy for yourselves. The Best Place we found in life. Thank You

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shesnipe
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Loved this hotel! It is located on a small quiet street and is within walking distance to so much in the city. The room was spacious with lots of windows that opened. The breakfast that was included was terrific. The staff was very helpful to answer our questions. Some items (carpet, bedding) may be a bit dated in the rooms but the overall charm of the property makes you overlook this. Would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We stayed at the Romischer Kaiser in October. The room was clean and comfy, and we could open the windows and look down on the pedestrian-only street below. We had a large designer bathroom with beautiful tiles and gold fixtures -- we loved it. The hotel provided robes and slippers, and a very nice breakfast buffet. Staff was first rate. The location is right in the middle of the city, within walking distance to all the city sights. When I go to Vienna again, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends