“Agree... this is a must see in Vienna”

The Third Man Museum
Third Man Museum Admission Ticket
Ranked #10 of 820 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: OPEN EVERY SATURDAY 2 - 6 pm! For more opening hours check our webpage ! The THIRD MAN MUSEUM is THE place to go but ONLY for film fans and all those interested in the post-war history of Vienna. Private museum without sponsors and without subsidies, but a 100% passion! The Third Man Museum contains much heart and soul. And you can feel it! EXCLUSIVE guided tours on any day of the week by request!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although I love the movie and therefore really got a lot out of the museum (behind the scenes, etc.) it was interesting to everyone and they now want to see the movie. But it's more than just making of the movie, it gives you a real appreciation for what ti was like during that time, so a lot about history/life in Vienna during the period. We enjoyed this unplanned visit during our stay in Vienna and would put it alongside the Schobrun and a few other must-see places during a Vienna vacation.

All reviews
"subject matter"
"historical context"
"history buff"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of those unexpected pleasures of traveling like happening upon a unique vista or a new point of view. An unusual museum centered around a classic film. The tour given my the owner, Gerhard, is well worth while.

1  Thank Lawrence B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have not watched the 3rd Man. It is a movie that was made in the 50’s and was a well-known, interesting, and successful movie set and filmed in Vienna. However, I had literally never heard of this movie before. We visited the museum as part of a group. I expected it to be solely focused on memorabilia about the movie. However, I was so pleasantly surprised and pleased to find out that it wasn’t just about the movie, but was full of information about pre- and post-war Austria, including the impact to Austria, the other nations involved, and touching and true human stories. I was very moved and intrigued by this wonderful and well- presented collection of material. This is a great capture of important history for both Austria and Vienna. I highly recommend a visit.

5  Thank Patrice58503
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is my favorite film of all time, so I couldn't resist the stories about the making of the film, the actors and the director, and the writer who wrote the novel after the screenplay became a hit movie.