“Not very good” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
London, England
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed here on business with my wife and booked a room with a garden view. When I arrived I found out that breakfast was not included and they wanted €15 for it. I am sure in some Holiday inns it is included.
The room (800) cost €145 per night and for that I got tea/coffee and air-con. No free wi-fi, apart from the first 30 minutes per session.
The bed was comfortable, the shower was good but that's it. I visited the bar, no ambience. I didn't try the restaurant, and the location isn't really close to much, although there's plenty of restaurants around and the U-Bahn is relatively close by.
The final straw was when I checked out the receptionist asked if I had used the mini-bar. I hadn't, but she asked "if I was sure I hadn't". She might as well have called me a liar ! Not good enough.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SiThompson
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Vienna City, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear SiThompson,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodation, the bar, location of our hotel and the service you received from our front desk staff. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

The Holiday Inn is a well known series of high standard hotels brand for services and tourists, Holiday Inn Vienna City staff are friendly as well as the other Holiday Inn Hotels staff, the warm welcome was the first thing I noticed when I entered the hotel.
Also the hotel is located in an area which is close to the famous shopping street and Maria Jeans Street only 20 minutes walk and there are other shops near the hotel just immediately either you go right or left from the hotel entrance, there are also restaurants near the hotel as well as super markets, laundry, coffee shops, travel agents,...etc.
The price of the hotel rooms are also affordable.
I believe that many people will enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to have a look at the room
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Khalid78
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

Stayed for three nights, Very clean and spacious room, free Wi-Fi in the room!! (You have to re-login every 30min but a bonus I did not expect puts other places I have stayed in to shame) Extremely friendly knowledgeable and helpful staff. All considered I would stay there again and again.
Marks out of 10 it would have to be 9.99

This must be one of the few hotel who have found out that Wi-Fi is as necessary as a blanket or a towel.

Keep up the good work

David Kioi

Room Tip: Stayed on the 4th floor room was much bigger than expected, very quiet.
2 Thank David K
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Could not fault this hotel. Before I went I knew I would be charged for internet, but that is now given in free half hour slots and you can log straight back on. Compared with lots of other hotels in Europe charging for the internet with the prices given is out of touch.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Murphy1978
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

We were greeted nicely when we checked in. The front desk lady was very kind and helpful on giving us directions and information. Our room was 313. It had a nice layout, making it seem like it had two separate rooms and a living room, when really it was all one room. The hotel is close to the metro and to a bus station that brings you to the central part of sightseeing.
The breakfast, was expensive, so I didn't order it.

1 Thank Rana_Gencay
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night. We had a one bedroom suite. Hotel suite and service were very good. When we came down to get a taxi to the airport, the receptionist offered to call a taxi, which we thought was very nice of him. Otherwise we would have gotten a taxi from the taxi stand right across from the hotel. Once we loaded up the luggage and started driving we noticed that the driver did not have the meter on when we questioned him he demanded 48 Euros. Which did not sound right. We were in Austria for 10 days, travelled quite a bit on Taxis, and it was always metered. Even the trip from the airport to our distination in Vienna. We were told by a taxi driver that all taxis in Vienna are metered.

Room Tip: We were a family of 4 with 2 grown up children. The one bedroom suite was quite spacious enought to...
1 Thank RMOntario