“good experience”

Ranked #59 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
paphos
“good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

we were staying in this hotel only for 3 night . We arrived at around 7 o'clock in the morning, our room was not ready yet the receptions inform us that the room will be ready as soon as possible. She take care about our bags and we went for a walk. place is close to everywhere!!! we came back at around 9;30 the room was ready we checked. The room was nice and clean we had a standard room but very comfortable. Breakfast was simple but fresh. very professional & nice & help full staff in the reception. will give u all directions and advise. Just want to say thank You for our amazing stay and good experience. Every thing with InterContinental standards as Im Priority club member.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

Very nice hotel, not far from the center of Vienna. Breakfast was not included in the price, but the extra cost is reasonable. The staff is very responsive, I forgot my cell phone there and they sent me it back. The parking entance/exit is very tight.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

The staff in the hotel were without exception friendly, courteous and charming which combined with a comfortable room to make a perfect stay in Vienna. The staff created a happy ambience and were always keen to help. I think it is in a good location too, not far from the underground (on the way you can see the room where Schubert died in Kettenbruckengasse, which I didn't know). The hotel has a cosy courtyard. Having visited Venice recently and now Vienna I casually remarked that I was looking to visit a third place beginning with "V". I had an instant helpful suggestion of Villach by a staff member. Problem solved! I must return to the Holiday Inn, Vienna City again and enjoy the hospitality of a wonderful team and further explore this stunning city. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank NMS88
brussel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

Relatively central location. Had a few issues around upgrades in the past and had a discussion with the manager around that. Since then, everything runs perfect. Staff even recognises me at checkin (I stay there 4-5 times /year). Rooms are clean and ok. Breakfast is "average". If you like working out, they have an arrangement with a wonderfull fitness close by at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2010

There is not a lot to say about this hotel. The rooms are very clean with everything you can expect from a 4 star hotel. A nice thing was that you could choose your own pillow from a "pillow menu". The staff was nice, they helped us with the reservation to a restaurant. The breakfast was not that good, there were only a few choises. Location OK, some walking needed though.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Cyprus
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

I had a very bad experience with holiday inn. I booked a room using my priority club points and by mistake i booked for December instead of January and as a consequence for my no show they double charged my visa and also took my priority club points for that night. After complaining to them they said that they were sorry and that they could only put my points back but leave the charge on my credit card. So at the end i made another reservation paid 140 euros more and they charged me for the no show day 100 euros and i was not able to use my points. So instead of a free night with priority club points i ended up paying 240 euros. Thanks a lot Holiday Inn, i will never stay again in such a hotel that their only concert is how to rip you off

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
AndiLienz, Manager at Holiday Inn Vienna City, responded to this review, 17 January 2010
Dear Mr Petrou,
as we already discussed we checked this with the Priority Club department who are the only ones who can handle the points but it was not possible to leave the points and credit the amount back to your credit card. This is a procedure we have to adhere to due to the rules Holiday Inn has centrally put in place. As we could not get the points we could not credit the amount back onto your account because we were fully booked that night and lost money as we kept the room for you overnight.
I am sorry that you are so upset about it. I ask you once more to tell Priority Club directly as we (Holiday Inn Vienna City) are the wrong point of contact in this matter. At the same time I have already forwarded your comments to the Priority Club department as promised on the phone.

With best regards

Andrej Wimmer
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2010

I am a Priority Club Platinum member, and stayed at this hotel Dec 2009. Front desk staff are ambivalent, and have no idea what a Priority Club Platinum member is or what additional perks or amenities they can offer to priority club members. Room decor is outdated and bathroom toiletries inadequate. The bathrooms were not cleaned very well everyday. Beds are old and rooms generally stuffy. TV in the room did not work well, no free internet, the hotel is in a OK location, walking distance to the the train station which can get you to to all major attractions. Breakfast is overly priced, and the quality of the food is marginal, the same everyday, never varies. Breakfast service staff is friendly. I´d recommend to try a hotel closer to the major museums with much better customer service.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family