Hotel Am Stephansplatz
US$294
US$257
Hotels.com
2,302 results
All reviewscathedral viewperfect locationst stephan's cathedralseparate showerbreakfast roomwonderful hotelcentrally located hotelthe hotel staffthe heart of the citywithin easy walking distancewould highly recommend this hotelspanish riding schoolmetro stationsuperior roomold cityvisit viennabreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Bang in the centre of shopping restaurants and cafes, Excellent service. Very modern Hotel. Breakfast was very good. The spa is small but had it all for myself. The Hotel also let me use the spa to have a shower since I had a late flight. very competent staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
spolczer, Manager at Hotel Am Stephansplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest,

we thank you for your kind review.

We are very happy that we convinced you of our excellent Service and are happy that you enjoyed your Vienna stay.

We hope you drop by at your next planned trip to Vienna.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Excellent!!
Could not have asked for a better location, in the heart of Vienna( nest to the subway line). The room where extremely large and more importantly the beds very comfortable and bathroom spacious with a great shower and tub. lots of storage. Even though it is on a busy square the windows are very sound proof. The breakfast buffet was well stocked with everything from eggs to fresh O.J, breads etc

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the square room 405 has floor to ceiling windows that open to the church.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank shelleycincinnati

Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We appreciate you sharing your experiences on tripadvisor and are thrilled that you absolutely enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Hope to welcome you back in the heart of Vienna soon,

with kind regards,
Excellent!!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed for a week at Hotel Am Stephansplatz and were very pleased with the experience. The staff at the desk could not have been more helpful - particularly one man (whose name I can't remember) who was on duty on Tuesday morning when we checked in. Another clerk was helpful in obtaining concert tickets. The location was ideal. The room was very comfortable and immaculately clean and the breakfast buffet was great. Our room faced the cathedral and we were worried about noise, but the windows completely blocked any noise.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
spolczer, Manager at Hotel Am Stephansplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Guests,

thank you so much for sharing your Feedback and impressions of your stay at our Hotel.

We are very happy that you fully enjoyed your Vienna stay and that we were helpflul with Information and tickets during your stay.

We would be delighted to welcome you back at the HOTEL AM STEPHANSPLATZ at your next planned trip to our beautiful City.

With best regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The hotel could be much worse or more expensive and it would still be worth it because of its ideal location. Right across the street is the St. Stephen's Cathedral (the breakfast room looks right out onto the Cathedral and the plaza), and right out the door is the subway stop. You're in the center of everything you want to get to, only minutes walk away. I was attending a conference and then played the tourist for two days, and in both cases the location was perfect.

It stays as lively at night as anything in Vienna (which shuts down surprisingly early otherwise) but the rooms are not loud at all, very pleasant with high ceilings even in smaller rooms. Breakfast is also quite good, although as an American I kind of missed having potatoes of any type, and the service was excellent. The hotel itself has comfortable beds; the room I had was on the side (although I could see the cathedral if I stuck my head out the window) but was nice and had a good work area. The art in the common areas also makes the hotel feel a little more luxe than your bill (which if you look around a little isn't too bad -- I got a room for about 150usd a night).

Wifi was not great, but of course this is also a larger problem--many hotels are not keeping up with bandwidth demands, unfortunately. Also, the front desk was friendly and tried to be helpful, but their advice was surprisingly often not too useful (for example, I asked for a nearby place to get some fruit and carrots, and they didn't send me to the market that was *just down the street* but rather to one quite far away)--I did better (besides trip advisor, of course) from the information desk at the conference.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
spolczer, Manager at Hotel Am Stephansplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Sir,

thank you very much for sharing your opionion with other Vienna travellers.

We are delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay in the heart of Vienna and extended your business stay with a few leisure days.

Regarding your Information feedback of our reception team we will make sure to give better recommendations to our guests in the future.

We hope to welcome you back at our hotel at your next planned trip to Vienna.

With best regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Loved my stay at Hotel Am Stephansplatz: particularly when I found to my surprise and delight that I had been upgraded to a room on the 7th floor with a fab terrace overlooking St Stephan's.

The hotel couldn't be more conveniently located: I was on a work trip and could get to 90% of my business meetings on trip and in my downtime to lots of attractions, shopping, restaurants, bars etc.

The breakfast was pretty good and plentiful: my requested soft boiled egg was cooked to perfection and on my last morning I was able to enjoy a glass of prosecco ;-)

I love Vienna anyway and this hotel will certainly be my first choice on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
spolczer, Manager at Hotel Am Stephansplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Guest,

we thank you for your positive feedback on your stay at our hotel.

We are thrilled that you were completely satisfied with our services and facilities.

We look forward to your next visit and remain

with best regards from Vienna,