“Great Hotel!”
Review of Bellevue Hotel

Bellevue Hotel
Ranked #205 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good hotel in a good locatie. only 3 minutes walk to metro and within 5 minutes you are in the centre of Vienna.
Nice breakfast en very friendly service! The bar has good food either. We would go back there anytime we visit Vienna again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Renate_Paul

Reviewed 1 September 2013

My partner and I stayed here last week. We chose the hotel due to its location near to a friend of mine and we were pleasantly surprised.
The room was not ready when we got there so we had to go away and come back. The lifts are very small but perfect for two people.
The room was really large with high ceilings and faced the street - which you did have a bit of noise from, but not enough to make it unpleasant.
I found the staff to be fine, friendly enough without being too friendly.
It is very close to some great parks and the tram stops just up the road (D Tram)
It is right next door to the train station as well.
I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 304, i'd suggest you ask for one not facing the street if you want to avoid the nois...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marchia43
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We found the bathroom stinking a lot, people at the reception were not so welcoming...
But it is easy to access everywhere from this place and it is not very expensive.
The hotel looks fine I think our room got a problem

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sabativi17
Reviewed 23 August 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews before me, I am hesitating we are actually talking about the same hotel.

The hotel is located very conveniently just opposite a Tram stop, a Metro stop and a shopping mall, so very handy indeed. The Tram D stops right outside the hotel and this goes all around the beautiful Ringstrasse.

We arrived in the hotel around 8.30 in the morning, and from moment one we felt welcomed and looked after. They only had one of the rooms ready but they checked us in without a problem and with a big smile. They put the other room on priority so we could have it as soon as possible.

The rooms are big, spacious and with very high ceilings, as this is an old Viennese building. The place was clean enough, although we found a couple of things here and there that could had been better (nothing major). We passed in on to Reception and they did take note and apologized and promised to look into improving.

For a while I was waiting in the lobby for my friends, and I was listening to the several conversations the staff members had, and I was amazed. They couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Many customers were asking the more diverse questions and I have never heard a "no, we cannot do it" it was always a "let see how can we make it happen" and this is for me what is basic in a hotel. The service was second to none, was awesome and personal and I will recommend this hotel to absolutely everybody simply for this reason.

Well done, and looking forward to staying here again on my next visit to Vienna.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Libredon
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Not what I expected at all for 4 star hotel. The room and bathroom were very, very basic and outdated. My husband and I stayed in room 435 and found that that drapes weren't wide enough to cover the window, no tea/coffee facilities, terrible mattress and pillows, no extra pillow or blanket in the room (we asked for an extra pillow at reception, which they obliged, but it was so poor quality that they shouldn't have bothered giving it to us), no shampoo, free wifi only in the lobby (30min daily limit), to have wifi in the room it was 9 euro per day. To use the computer in the "office" located near the lobby toilets it was 35 euro cents a minute! Hotel staff ignored "do not disturb" sign on the door, and in fact, we had checked in around 5pm, I'm laying on the bed in my bare essentials, and a cleaner just walked in without knocking or apologising, telling me that she needed to restock the mini-bar!

I won't even get started on the breakfast (no toaster, but lots of bread???). I've stayed in 3 star hotels better than this one. The location wasn't too bad though - opposite McDonalds for free wifi and opposite the supermarket and tram line.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TMontese
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I've stayed here in October 2012 with my Lady. We were attracted by the price.

Arrived in late afternoon, we checked-in within 1 minute, which is on one hand nice, but on the other hand it is not really super, as this doesn't give the guest a very warm feel of being welcomed, nor useful advices. In any case the staff was relatively kind during this superfast check-in.

The hotel boasts a quite traditional style, our superior room was quite big, standard equipments, free wi-fi. Personally I hate the moquette, so I wasn't really happy, but it has to be said that the moquette was clean and not in a bad shape. The bathroom was ok: standard clean, yet a little small. The soundproof of the window made their job, yet still something could be heard when the tramway strolled by.

The staff is professional and helpful, yet not so cheery. Too cold, but not at the level it can be annoying.

The location is not so far from the very historical center, a nice walk of 25 minutes is needed, but it is worth the try. If I'm not wrong in front of the hotel there is a jolly good park, and close there's a Billa supermarket and in front of the Billa building a nice "italian-ish" restaurant. A traditional austrian pub-restaurant (with very good meals) completes the surroundings.

All in all I can say Bellevue is a standard four star hotel, very good value for your money. If I'd be back in Vienna I would surely consider to come back here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrThomasRoma
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I'll begin with the positives. I'm an American and was traveling between countries. At the time we walked in to check in there was a mob of people at the desk and they handled all of them professionally and quickly, it was honestly impressive. The bathroom was the biggest bathroom we've had since we left the US, and there is a cheap laundry service right next door. The hotel's location is nothing short of awesome, a short walk to the tram and the underground rail to connect to anywhere. There's a Billa (grocery store) right across the street, so if you want a dinner or drinks in without anything you just pick some stuff up.

The cons are this, the hotel staff, while extremely efficient, didn't speak the best English and came off as surly and very mean. Asking a minor question about services (yes or no) the hotel replies only got me answers such as "it's in the book in your room, please look there", "it's in the pamphlet provided by hotel". You also have to pay for wifi, and it isn't cheap (once you think about it anyway), Ten euro a day, around thirteen dollars per day, is extremely expensive for something I can go across the street (McDonald's has free wifi) and get for free.

For the money you're paying for location, I can't say I honestly recommend this hotel when I know the Mozart is right down the road for a similar price. We stayed for four nights.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple