“Not impressed”

Ranked #64 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
London, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Let's start with the fact that most of the people are nice!

The hotel is dated, not in bad repair but 20 years in the past. The bar is pretty small and a bit pokey. The wifi is poor, extremely poor - if this is a big deal for your them I wholly suggest that you avoid this place without question, it has been a source of immense frustration for me. The out of hours menu is limited to just a couple of crazy items, no discussion or offer of a bland sandwich - amazing. I sat at breakfast for 15 mins without the offer of coffee after which I just left. I had an iron delivered to the room which didn't work... at all, and I asked for a travel plug by phone which I had to request a second time after 2 hours. The in-room TV is just old, with a very bad picture and limited channels - during the World Cup this is not what I wanted. Finally, the shower is useless... well, it works, but only points at the wall not into the bath which has been useless.

A bad experience from an old and limited hotel. Avoid.

Room Tip: 412 is quiet but inward facing with only a view of walls and nothing else. Just don't stay here...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John W
WienMag, Guest relations agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus for your recent stay in Vienna.

At M Gallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Stéphanie Schuhmann and the team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel are not striking you with glamour from outside. But entering the Lobby you will dive in a special atmosphere of Konzerthaus and modern Vienna. Its cosy quiet and comfortable. The stuff is very friendly and helpful 24/7. Lobby bar-restaurant- lounge are perfect to have after work drink, read a book or just be out of the room. Fusion-new Vienna cuisine will surprise you by choice of classic specialties in the Oskar restaurant with small Terrace outside;) Enjoy your short stays and a glass of cool crisp Gruner Veltliner in a hot summer day.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WienMag, Guest relations agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this beautiful review. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback- I hope you will come and be our guest again in a near future.
All the best for you!
Warm regards,

Stéphanie Shuhmann and the enitre team of MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Walking distance from main sights, Belvedere and Stadtpark is in 3 minutes by walk.
Regarding average european hotels, room was spacious with bathtub and good amenities.
Bed is comfortable, room is clean.
Breakfast was average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
WienMag, Guest Relations agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mr. Hong,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write this very positive revue on Tripadvisor.com, after your stay in MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna. I am delighted to read that you could apreciate the very good location of our hotel, as well as the the comfort and the clealiness of our rooms.I hope you will be our guest in a near future. meanwhile, i wish you all the best.
Warm regards from Vienna
Stéphanie Schuhmann and the Team
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel is very close to Stadtpark U-bahn and again one stop from Landstrasse U-bahn which takes you directly to the airport. Also the hotel is located just 10 minutes walk from Vienna Statsopern and the inner city.
I arrived 7pm and was the only one to check in. However the receptionist was busy explaining directions to another guest and that took awhile. I was starting to get annoyed because of being tired from the journey when it finally was my turn. And then I was greeted with a warm smile and apologies for having to wait. The young woman gave me options of the room facing the street or back, explaining breakfast hours etc and even took the time to ask me if this was my first time in Vienna. As it was she immediately started to find brochures, maps etc. Simply a fantastic welcome.
My room was on the 5th floor facing the street. As it was whitsun weekend there wasn't any traffic outside or in Vienna for that matter and the room was so quiet and bright. Very big room with kingsize bed, quiet air-condition, 30" LCD TV, minibar with room for your own purchases. Plenty of cupboard space and a safety box large enough to just fit a 17" Laptop. The bathroom was spacious and clean. In fact the whole room was very clean. The only thing missing was some kind of book or leaflet with breakfast hours, service offers at the hotel etc.
Breakfast was included and a very delicious breakfast it was. Continental breakfast, assorted fresh fruit, eggs and bacon etc. It was very nice and fresh. And again the staff where very friendly and helpful.
Checking out when leaving proved to be equally a nice experience. It was done very quickly and with a big smile and there was no problem leaving my luggage for a couple of hours.
I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel and due to its location and its staff, I will definitely have this hotel in mind if coming back to Vienna.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kengedahl
WienMag, Guest relations agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am delighted to read that you could apreciate the efficiency and the kindness of our staff as well as your room and the breakfast.It was a real pleasure for us to have you as our guest, and I hope we will welcome you again in a near future.
Best regards,
Stephanie Schuhmann and the team from Hotel Am Konzerthaus
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in June - we were in Vienna to see a concert across the road so the hotel was very convenient. It is also close to the Stadtpark metro station and within about 15 mins walk of the express train to the airport.

Excellent service on check in and the room was perfectly fine (we requested a view over the Konzerthaus in case we could see Tori Amos entering via the back door - we got the room but unfortunately missed Tori's arrival!) I probably wouldn't use the room service if I stayed there again, but it is very close to many cafes and restaurants so no need really. (Literally 5 mins from the centre of the city).

Great place to stay in Vienna and would go back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
WienMag, Guest Relations Agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna and for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We are truly glad to have exceeded your expectations, as it is our aim to make each of our guests happy ( although you could 't have seenTori !).
Our entire team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon
Yours sincerely,
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Individually syled hotel made a nice change from the ususal identikit rooms. Front desk service first class, breakfast had lovely food but the buffet layout is poor which combined with tour groups made for a not very relaxed start to the day. Location is excellent, easy walk to great shops, restaurants and public transport. Overall excellent value for money, especially appreciated was the late check out until 4pm for no additional cost.

Room Tip: I booked a single room which had two single beds. Next time I would ask for a double bed as I found...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with MGallery Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Best regards,

Bethel, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Beautiful Klimt art noveau reproductions decorate the rooms and interiors of the hotel. It is centrally located near the Belvedere and Ringstrasse areas. The front desk staff was especially helpful. But beware that breakfast was not included and it cost almost $45 for the two of us. There is a McDonald's about 1 1/2 blocks away that was perfectly adequate for breakfast with good coffee, fruit/yogurt, and egg offerings. You can board the tram within a block of the hotel. Several very good restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Austria or in one of the MGallery hotels worldwide.

With best regards,