“The perfect welcome to Vienna !!!”

Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #84 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Arriving at hotel am konzerthaus was the perfect start to a short stay in Vienna! Located 10 mins by foot from the city centre , it was far enough away from the heavy traffic and noise of the bustling mitte, but close enough to walk easily to many of the key attractions. I was traveling with my mother and we both found the location perfect for our purposes.

Reception staff were excellent- friendly, helpful, offered suggestions, answered questions with patience (often uncommon in European hotels) . I was impressed with the quality and level of professional service. Breakfast was a buffet - a window table overlooking the linden lined streets and watching the day unfold - brilliant way to start the day!
I even got a special welcome treat by the receptionist !!

Our room was clean and had all the essentials of a standard hotel room. I liked the little extras - free water, l'occitane toiletries, free wi-fi ( again something that makes a huge difference to travelers but not offered in many European hotels) . I especially liked the faux Klimt portrait on the wall as we entered our hotel room - set the scene beautifully.

The hotel was certainly a part of a great 3 days in Vienna and would recommend it to all travelers - I'm just disappointed that I didn't bring my husband and kids who I know would have enjoyed the experience as well!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
WienMag, Guest relations agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one....Please take your all family with next time...It will be a pleasure for us to welcome all of you!

Best regards,

Stéphanie Schuhmann and the entire team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,787)

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very close to the center (5 minutes by walk)... people are very nice and warm.... The rooms are very comfortable and well organised....
Just to improve a little bit the menu for the lunch ( j am Italian so j know that it's difficult in other countries to do this ) but the breakfast was very well full of things.....
At the end j could say that my staying in this hotel was very good. ...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel am Konzerthaus for one night in June 2014. We arrived to the hotel one hour before check-in, but the staff managed to get us an early check-in, which was really nice. Kind, helpful staff and the hotel was clean, although it seemed a bit old. Great location!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We very much apreciate your comments after your stay at MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback as yours- We hope that you will come and visit us again very soon-Warm regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

At €170 per night for a couple including breakfast, this hotel is not good value for money given that the rooms, while well designed, need refurbishing. Location is excellent but not enough to warrant the price. This is the fourth time that I have stayed in this hotel and noticed a fall in standards. Poor wifi and indifferent breakfast and a receptionist who needs to smile!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Biliicks

Dear Guest,

Please let me offer our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered.
We are very concerened to learn of the difficulties you had while a guest at our hotel. Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay, starting from your arrival at the hotel until hotel departure.
I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
Please rest assured that we are most grateful to you for having taken the time to bring these matters to our attention.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel, the first occurring last year in the spring. Vienna was hot and a little uncomfortable both times but the Hotel Konzerthaus was cool and mellow. After an all-night flight from Washington, DC, our room was ready when we arrived at 10 AM. Five stars for that! We asked for a quiet room and got exactly what we wanted - no traffic noise and still convenient to all the facilities. The front desk staff, anchored by a delightful young woman named Bianca who helped me last year as well - was amazing, rounding up some wonderful concert tickets for us while we napped. The restaurant was very nice with fabulous choices for both lunch and breakfast. This is a delightful, not-too-big-to-be-personal hotel located just steps from the Ring road and the Vienna Konzerthaus and just a few blocks from the Musikverein. It's THE place to stay for anyone wanting to sample Vienna's great asset of almost unlimited great music.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room around the inner court.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are very pleased to read your comments about Bianca; she is indeed a real asset and a valuable team member.I will forward her your message!We hope to welcome you again in the next future- it would be a pleasure for us to have you as our guest again!
Meanwhile all the best for you and warm regards from the entire team of the MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna
Stéphanie Schuhmann

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Let's start with the fact that most of the people are nice!

The hotel is dated, not in bad repair but 20 years in the past. The bar is pretty small and a bit pokey. The wifi is poor, extremely poor - if this is a big deal for your them I wholly suggest that you avoid this place without question, it has been a source of immense frustration for me. The out of hours menu is limited to just a couple of crazy items, no discussion or offer of a bland sandwich - amazing. I sat at breakfast for 15 mins without the offer of coffee after which I just left. I had an iron delivered to the room which didn't work... at all, and I asked for a travel plug by phone which I had to request a second time after 2 hours. The in-room TV is just old, with a very bad picture and limited channels - during the World Cup this is not what I wanted. Finally, the shower is useless... well, it works, but only points at the wall not into the bath which has been useless.

A bad experience from an old and limited hotel. Avoid.

Room Tip: 412 is quiet but inward facing with only a view of walls and nothing else. Just don't stay here...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John W

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus for your recent stay in Vienna.

At M Gallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Stéphanie Schuhmann and the team

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel are not striking you with glamour from outside. But entering the Lobby you will dive in a special atmosphere of Konzerthaus and modern Vienna. Its cosy quiet and comfortable. The stuff is very friendly and helpful 24/7. Lobby bar-restaurant- lounge are perfect to have after work drink, read a book or just be out of the room. Fusion-new Vienna cuisine will surprise you by choice of classic specialties in the Oskar restaurant with small Terrace outside;) Enjoy your short stays and a glass of cool crisp Gruner Veltliner in a hot summer day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WienMag, Guest relations agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this beautiful review. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback- I hope you will come and be our guest again in a near future.
All the best for you!