“Not at all a five star hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel

Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #64 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Portland, Oregon
“Not at all a five star hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel service is subpar. Perhaps management needs to hold higher standards. Customer service should not come with an attitude.The hotel itself is not so special in comparison to others in the surrounding area. The services offered are not clearly laid out for guests. Attempting to access these services is challening (room service etc.) Wifi is not 'high speed'. Overall, not very service oriented. Needs help/work!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WienMag, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor in order to continuously improve our service and standards.
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please be sure that this does not belong to our standard and that we will follow up the situation with the entire team.
The level of service we offer our guests is of utmost importance to us and on this occasion we did not manage to exceed expectations. We hope that despite the difficulties experienced during your stay. we can still look forward to your loyalty and that you allow us to redeem ourselves during your next visit.

We would be delighted to be of any assistance in the future should your travel plan lead you back to the Vienna area.

Warm regards
Michael Filnhals& the team of Hotel Am Konzerthaus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

It has a possibilty to be a good hotel but obviously spoiled by poor mangement. Rooms are decent 3 star but many times dirty with bottle caps etc. found on the floor. This is no wonder since I stayed in my room while cleaning staff visited and that was mostly just to say hello. Restaurant for brekkie packed full and not really too many choises for food. Outside breakfast the restaurant was expensive and service really slow. Reception staff partly nice but mostly not service minded at all. I was trying to give feedback of the "highspeed" internet once again but actually got shouted at. Internet btw in the evening is practically non- existing. Simply look for a better option in this city of hundreds of choises.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
WienMag, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We hope you had a safe journey back home.
We appreciate that you took the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.
We would like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences your experienced during your stay and with our service.
Please be sure that this does not reflect our standards and that we will follow up the situation with our entire team.
The level of service we offer our guests is of utmost importance to us and on this occasion we did not manage to exceed your expectations.
Furthermore I would kindly ask you to get in touch with me personally to clarify the situation.
We would be delighted to be of any assistance in the future should your travel plan leads you back to Vienna area.

Warm regards from Vienna
Michael Filnhals & the entire team of MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus
Zurich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is well located and connected to public transport. Stadt Park is a 5 minute walk and the tram 71 stops outside. It is within walking distance (10 minutes) to Stephans dome and hotel Sacher for the famous cake. The rooms are well appointed and nice fittings. Very comfortable bed and service is good. The staff are polite and friendly.
The hotel is not in the heart of restaurants and bars but within 5 minutes so it is nice and quiet.

Room Tip: Generally the rooms are quiet as it is not in the heart of bars and restaurants.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WienMag, guest relations agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this wonderful review- It is always a pleasure to become positive feedback- I will forward your comments to our team, as they are a source of motivation for all of us.I wish you a pleasant summer and hope to welcome you again in a next future-
Best regards, Stéphanie Schuhmann and the team from MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus
Reggio Calabria, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was my 3rd stay at this hotel. Perhaps the second one was the best.
First of all I must give a big acknowledgment for Ms. Daniela Erblich from reservation department. She answered very fast and in a very polite and professional way. Cordialy but not to familiry.
Unfortunentaly most of her collegues are not on this level. Already the gentleman on check in was efficient but very cold. Not asking about the trip, not asking if I need anything more. He should have seen that I have breakfast included in my rate, but did not bother to explain me where the breakfast room is neither about the times of breakfast. Also the amount blocked on my credit card I found it exagerated.150 € for 1 night with room already paid. In Imperial extras are much more expensive, but they blocked me 100 €! I realy do not know on what could one spend 150 € in one night.
The second disappointment was when I came into the room. As written, was my third stay at this hotel. This time I forgot to write to put me bath robe in to the room, but unfortunetly none from the hotel did not notice that I asked about it during my previous stays. No care about the data base. Room however was with king bed as requested.
TV is very unpracticle. Needed to enter at least 5 orders into remote control in order to watch the normal TV programme.
Gentleman from room service was realy pleasent and with real wiener charm. Unfortunetely they ran out of creme de cassise so I stayed without my Kir Royal. Wiener Schnitzel was ok, but brought into room without salt, pepper and also without bread. For 20 € would expect a bit more generosity. Potatoes were also nice.
The worst part of the evening was bar. There was public view of the football match in Oskar Bar and place was overcrowded. This would not be a disaster, if there would be some alternative for smokers. There is not one how ever. So no chance to enjoy cocktail, cigar and some small talk in privacy with a friend who came by to say hello. We decided to seat at the tables in lobby. The waiters passed for 3 times, none bothering with asking if we would like to make and order. The fourth time I said to him to take the order. Bold gentleman with beard. He did not understang what is Mimosa. I needed to explain him to mix me champagne with orange juice. I also instructed him to put the drinks on my room and that I am Mr. XY. Nevertheless he brought a "bianco" invoice saying to me: please fill this in! Sure. Health insurance number as well? I mean? Is this a hospital or a four star hotel. No smile, no service aproach. He was cold as refrigirator. I hope he undrestood the message with 0 € tip.
Bad quality is very good. However, was woken up by noise in the morning coming from corridore in the morning. As I later left the room I understood why. My room (717) was just opposite to housekeeping storage room. I must be onest that ladies were really doing more that their best to be as quite as possible, but this work you simply can not do without noise.
In room breakfast was fine and on time. Also lady that served it was friendly.
Check out was done more cordialy by a lady than check in the day before.
To sum. This is a typical 4* hotel. They give you a fine bed, to eat, to drink, but they do not give you experience. I prefer this hotel however to NH or Holiday Inn because the decoration is realy nice and for this reason a bit nice ambience. Further the position excellent. I will choose it again if I need urgently to travel to Vienna and I am not in position to take 5*.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WienMag, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

we hope you had a safe journey back home.
We appreciate and we would like to say Thank You that you took the time to leave your feedback and your impressions about our hotel on TripAdvisior, as your comments are valuable to us in order to continuously improve our service and standards.
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with our services. Please be sure that this does not reflect our standard and that we will follow up the situation with our entire team.
The level of service we offer to our guests is of utmost importance to us and on this occasion we did not manage to exceed your expectations.
Due to the fact that this incidents happend I would kindly ask you to get in touch with me personally to clarify it.
We hope that we can still look forward to your loyalty and that you allow us to redeem ourselves during a next visit.
We would be delighted to be of any assistance in the future should your travel plans lead you back to Vienna area.

Michael Filnhals&the team of Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna
Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was looking for a hotel for one night during a business trip and this hotel completely met my expectations. Mostly I sleep in a design hotel, which is not the case, but the service is excellent. My room 234 was quiet and spacious, with large bathroom and free internet access. Breakfast is great, plenty of everything, from fresh fruit to homemade cakes over the eggs and juices.
I took the package MGallery Gourmet Morning, which included late check out, which suited me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We hope you enjoyed your recent stay at MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna and had a safe journey back home.
Thank you very much for leaving your feedback and your impressions on TripAdvisor.
We truly appreciate your feedback in order to continuously improve our services and standards.
The entire team of our hotel is very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is a pleasure to read that we were able to meet your expectations in regards to the standards of the hotel.
Your comments is a great motivation to our team to keep up with the professionalism and service.
We would be delighted to be of any assistance in the future should your travel plans bring you back to Vienna.

Michael Filnhals&the team of Hotel Am Konzerthaus
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Slightly off the main part of the city but it was still a great option for us. We walk everywhere and so it was nice to come back to a quiet neighborhood at the end of the day. Clean room and it had a giant Klimt mural. I would stay here again if I ever return to Vienna.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
WienMag, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your feedback which shows us that we are on the right way.
Such feedbacks are very important for improving our services and for keeping them at this standard.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again at MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus.

Michael Filnhals&the team of Hotel Am Konzerthaus
manassas, va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel last summer in July. I arrived early and the room was not ready (understandable at 8am) but, was advised to go eat breakfast and they would see what could be done. When I returned from breakfast, they had a room ready! The decor of the hotel is based on the work of Gustav Kllimt. In my room, Estelle Bloch kept a peaceful vigil over my bed. The hotel's location was very good as I could walk to the historic center and the Belvedere Palace. The trams are just around the corner if your feet need a rest. This hotel borders the busy center and a residential area and is quiet and safe. There is no concierge but, the desk personnel are helpful with directions and reservations. They also will make suggestions if you ask. They are very customer oriented and professional. The result is I left feeling that I had stayed in one of the best hotels in Europe.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WienMag, Guest relations agent at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at MGallery Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna and for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We are truly glad to have exceeded your expectations. We do have 2 concierge but sometimes they are busy at the reception desk so that you can't really recognize them. But i m delighted to read that all the staff could help you and make you happy.
I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again very soon.
Warm regards,

Stéphanie Schuhmann and the entire team