“The Konzerthaus will suit you”

Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #64 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
The Hague
“The Konzerthaus will suit you”
Reviewed 28 October 2010

An excellent hotel that is well-located. Staff are friendly but the desk is not always as efficient as it could be.
Breakfast is fantastic. Rooms are great. Hotel is quiet. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
HotelAmKonzerthaus1, General Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 2 November 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for your recommendation. We are more than happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are our best motivation - also for some improvment of our efficency at the reception desk. Please keep a good memory of your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel am Konzerthaus.
Monika Stadler & Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip for 3 days and two nights.

As I arrived, the staff spoke perfect English, were friendly and my room key/card was already waiting for me. No fuss, no stress, and the receptionist told me she would acredit my stay to my A Club card without me having to think about it. At this point I also receive a complimentary city map. Awesome!

The room was double, decent sized, TV with many channels (in german, english, italian, spanish...), I got an ironing board and iron, free postcards and letters as a standard.

Really nice bathroom, with L'occitane products - I use some of these at home, which made me stay even more pleasant. I did, however, miss the bathrobe in the bathroom.

The hotel did not have a pillow menu as such, but they did provide 4 pillows of diffrent thickness and softness, so I could choose the one I prefered.

I am quite light sensitive and was relieved to see thick yet non-obtrusive curtains installed. The windows could be opened for fresh air (yippee!) and the view was quite nice (located in the center of VIenna).

Breakfast buffet was decent, something for every taste and offered meat, fish and vegatarian options. Breakfast staff go the extra mile to fulfuill your every wish, dirty plates are gone in a second.

The maid comes to your room early enough and is very pleasant, the room is fully replenished.

The lobby offers computers which you can surf stress free and hassle free. I managed to print out all of my documents with ease and convenience that is missed in other hotels.

All in all: beautiful decor of the hotel, a lovely central location, a taxy rank right next to the hotel, perfect customer service from all members of staff and ease and convenience that I didnt see matched - provided a wonderful experience in a hotel that I will recommend to my friends and will return with my family.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
HotelAmKonzerthaus1, General Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Dear guest,

We thank you so much for your detailed review of your stay at our hotel. The entire team of Hotel am Konzerthaus is delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is our best recompense and motivation. Thank you again for your recommendation and for sharing your experiences with tripadvisor's community.
We are looking forward to welcoming you with your family soon in Vienna.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Stayed at the Hotel am Konzerthaus for five nights in October 2010. Check was excellent, the receptionist even knew who I was without me having to say. He was very helpful, offered a choice of rooms and explained how our Vienna cards worked and how to get to the main tourist areas seeing the best of the city. Our room was a good size, clean with plenty of facilities our only concern would be that the air conditioning did not appear to cool the room down as although we visited in October and it was very cold outside the hotel in general was very warm. We did have a window which opened partly so this helped but the traffic noise could then be heard in the room. Breakfast was excellent, buffet style with tea or coffee brought to you as requested. Good choice of cereals, breads etc and also hot food available. Some mornings there was a lack of fruit to choose from. Throughout our stay we only had one minor problem in that when we returned to the room one afternoon we found we had no toilet roll however a quick phone call to reception was made and within a minute supplies were brought up along with apologies from the staff so this was not an issue at all. Check out was quick efficient and friendly and we were given the opportunity to leave our luggage or request a taxi. We were also encouraged to leave a review on this website so they clearly value people's comments.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
We very much appreciate your review and detailed comments regarding your stay at our hotel.
I will share your review with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I am very sorry that the temperature in your room was too high. We changed from A/C to heating period, in October due to the low outside temperature. Maybe we went to fast ?!

Thank you again for your recommendation and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the soon future.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Didn't want to leave. Had such a great time... I'll always remeber Vienna as the most charming place. This hotel made me feel so special! From the very start to the very last day

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
HotelAmKonzerthaus1, General Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your recommendation and your lovely message.
The entire team of my hotel is too happy about your nice words. A big THANK YOU from all of us. We would be more than happy to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards from Vienna
Monika Stadler & the Team of Hotel am Konzerthaus
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I was walking one morning just to discover Vienna and I got into this hotel just to have an idea for future trips.I was staying in another hotel 5*,the friendly staff at the reception welcome me in a wonderful amazing way made me to ask them to stay in this hotel, it was fully booked and only available that night and I did not hesitate to stay even for one night.just to have nice experience. Actully, the attitude of the friendly emplyee at the reception encourged me to stay in the hotel even for one night.. which we enjoyed the most in Vienna.. AMAZING STAFF. The BEST LOCATION in The BEST AREA in VIENNA. Very CLEAN HOTEL.The BEST BED. CLASSY AMENITIES.EXCELLENT BREAKFAST with ROMANTIC ENVIORMENT. I was very sorry when I was leaving the hotel,one night was not enough. I can not wait to be there again and meet the wonderfull staff. I WILL ALWAYS REMEBER THE BEST STAY. MANY THANKS TO ALL HOTEL STAFF.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
HotelAmKonzerthaus1, General Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 13 October 2010
Dear guest,

We thank you so much for your kind and motivating words ! The entire team of our hotel is delighted to see that you enjoyed your - just one night - with us. We truely hope that you will return to Vienna and to our hotel for a longer stay, next year.

Meanwhile we wish you all the best and are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Warm regards from cold Vienna
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 5 October 2010

This hotel is in a great location near the concert hall and the city center. The restaurant was surprisingly good. I planned on finding a place to eat in the city center but because of rain had to stay at the hotel and eat. Great food and service.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
HotelAmKonzerthaus1, General Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your comments ! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our restaurant and kitchen team will be very pleased about your nice remarks. Thank you for this as well.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel am Konzerthaus Vienna.

Monika Stadler & Team
Germany
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Hotel am Konzerthaus is located close to the city center and some major points of interests, eg. Belvedere-Garten, Stadtpark and theatres. Room and bath were both clean. It reminds me of a typical city hotel: wooden furnitures, carpets and marble floors. Nothing special but overall a good and silent stay. Free wifi.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
HotelAmKonzerthaus1, General Manager at Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 5 October 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review and your comments.

We are happy to see that you had a good and silent stay and that you appreciate the location of our hotel.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel am Konzerthaus Vienna.
Monika Stadler & team