“Good location, recommended” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #163 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
London
“Good location, recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel is close to the 59A bus route that gives you speedy access to the centre of Vienna. It is clean, comfortable and well-equipped - not perfect, but really good value. Breakfast is the usual selection of cold meats, egg, bacon and a variety of bread and rolls. But perfectly acceptable. The staff are really pleasant and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. One thing though - automatic lighting would be appreciated when you're coming out of the lifts!
There isn't much in the area - it's very much a residential area with a small handful of cafes and a lot of small shops.

Room Tip: We had rooms at the front that overlooked residential flats. Not sure about the rooms elsewhere in t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CRTLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I travel 20,000 miles per month, stay routinely at the big intl. chains, and am escorted around like a little prince. But, when I travel on my own time I like to tone it down a bit and live comfortably amongst the locals. So, with 3 days to fill between meetings in Europe I headed straight for Vienna and discovered this wonderful jewel of a hotel.

Located on a local quiet street, 15 minutes from city center on bicycle, you will find the wonderful Art Hotel where simplification has been perfected. The interior is decorated with fabulous local art, setting the tone for the entire hotel. One half block away you'll find a platz with a grocer, a City Bike stand, several pubs/cafes and more. This is a quiet location :)

My arrival was well before check in (6am), yet they hustled to prepare a room for me whilst I sipped a stout and delicious complimentary cup of coffee. Within an hour I was catching a mid-morning nap on their simple yet comfortable, clean and fresh double bed (I like a firm mattress). My pillows were soft and the duvets heavy and warm. Slept like a king!

The room was excellent in the simplest way serving only my truest needs; solid free Internet, many outlets, excellent lighting, a large bathroom with a deep tub/shower, a quaint little table, lock box, TV and plenty of hangar and baggage space for my 2 role-aboards. Everything was exceedingly clean and prepared.

The front desk was very astute with my needs (dry cleaning/safety deposit locks), helpful with booking and maps, knowledgeable for my daily tours and genuinely quite friendly!

The morning breakfast is 9 euros and well worth it: a buffet of eggs, bacon, vegetables, fruits, cereals, roles, cold cuts and cheese, juices, milk, and more of that fantastic coffee!

Can you tell I love this place! :) Vienna needs more than 3 days, so I'll be back and I'm definitely staying here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Luke P
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was very pleased with our booking, it's a perfect place for city-visit.
Rooms are not so big, but it is enough and the deal for quality/price is fair.
Staff is helpful and friendly.
From my point of view, they have the best coffee I ever tasted :D
Also, it is close to a supermarket place and bus is a few streets away.
I don't usually stay in the same place twice, but this is one of the few places I would come back to stay, when I have another trip to Vienna :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Simona_Al3
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Even if the outside of the hotel was not very attractive the small apartment that we had, won the impressions! It was comfortable, had a sofa and a fully equipped kitchen. The bathroom was also nice. The reception was very helpful and gave us a lot of important directions and tickets for the public transportation. The lift is old and we needed also to use the stairs to go to the apartment. The hotel isn't near the centre but it its easy to reach it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
2 Thank Dimitris C
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

spent 4 days in Vienna with my 16 y old son, for a concert of Metallica and some turistic exploring of the city; the studio /appartment was above our expectations - new furniture, cutlery, cooking accessories, functioning wifi, even detergent... (compared to our previous experiences in another, more expensive appartment for 6 - with 2 plates, nearly no cutlery...). very kind and helpful staff; parking under the hotel (12€/day) was essential because we arrived by car and did not want to go into expensive battles for parking spaces in Vienna; a weekly card for public transportation (about 16€) allowed us to use buses (59A), trams, and underground (4) - all of them quite close to the hotel (bus just 100m, tram and U-bahn few minutes walking), with lines going to the Karlsplatz and Schonbrunn. grocery shops in the vicinity (Billa just behind the corner), pizzeria, gelateria, turkish bakery as well. and if you wish an active relaxation - there is a sandy beachvolley court just on your way towards the U-bahn 4 :)
the cleaning surcharge has been announced, so no bad feelings about that.

a small complaint: the first day we could hardly use the shower - the water preasure has been so low; the second day it suddenly started to funcion properly :) beware - the appartment is not cleaned each day (or towels changed), and you will have to take care about the toilet paper after the supplied rolls are finished... anyway, was not a problem for us.

overal - great for the price!

Room Tip: room/appartment 524 great for 2, actually could accomodate 3
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kmarko
Vienna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The staff was very helpful to me both with directions to the local tourist sites, transportation and banking services. The quality of the room and morning breakfast were just as I hoped for. The staff was also very helpful in scheduling transportation to the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Jeffrey S
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Our trip was a 3 week jaunt through Vienna and Italy. We started here. The hotel is located near public transportation . It's decor is artsy modern. The desk workers were helpful to a point . We found the room to be small. The beds in our room were awful. The fan didn't work so we were uncomfortable . When asked for a new fan, the one they replaced it worked but only on low. It didn't add that much comfort to the room. The bathroom was clean and spacious. Getting in and out of the bathtub was a little tricky because it was such a high step. I was afraid every time I had to climb out of it. The breakfast was good but not grand . Good but not grand sums this hotel in all areas!

Stayed June 2014