“Nice and quiet”

Hotel Johann Strauss
Ranked #124 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed two nights in this hotel. My room was large, clean and very comfortable. I reserved the hotel in good time and got probably the most quiet room. I really lived in peace of any noise. Taking into consideration the location, I quess that also other rooms are very quiet. Buffet breakfast in the hotel was generous and the service very friendly. The front door of the hotel is just 75meters from Taubstummengasse U-station and rather near Karlsplatz. Also tram connections are near. So the connections in general are extremely good. I recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Juhani K

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I spend 4 wonderful days in the hotel.
I can blame the hotel only for old carpets and old style key.
I felt very comfortable there and liked the hotel.
Location is good.
Room is comfortable and very clean.
Breakfast was really nice and plenty of choices. One of the best breakfasts in Europe I have ever had.
Staff was very helpful and polite
Internet worked only in the bathroom on the 6th floor but it worked!

It’s a pity that on the site they don’t have offers and pictures of Twin room. But I had twin for single use so I know that they exist! Would be handy if they let people know about such possibility.

I’d recommend the hotel for people who don’t like modern style hotels.
And for sure I will stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lubitelj r
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Johann Strauss, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Johann Strauss and would like to thank you for recommending us.

We will pass your compliments also to our staff and would be very happy to welcome you back again at Hotel Johann Strauss, next time you’ll visit Vienna.

Looking forwards to your return visit.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was in this hotel for 2 days in business trip, and I have to say that hotel is not bad. The hotel is little bit old, but rooms are very big and clean, breakfast is also good. The best in this hotel is location- 1 minutes from metro station. Staff very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for visit Vienna.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Johann Strauss, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest Catherinne P,

thank your very much for your detailed feedback.

We are pleased to hear that we could exceed your expectations and that you liked our location. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

3* not 4* . Clean, simple. Wi fi s good. Good place for a night or two. Right near the subway!
Used to be an apartment building turned into a hotel I guess. The walls are paper thin so I could hear everything in the next room. Managed to get sleep though.
Overall okay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest Usroma0719,

thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback after your stay at our Hotel Johann Strauss.

We are sorry to hear that you had some problems to rest, because of the guests next to you. Unfortunately you didn’t complain at reception. Depending on the availability we could have proposed you an alternative room. However we hope you had a nice stay in Vienna and will come back to us next time you visit our city.

Looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in one of our hotels.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

A pleasant hotel and more than adequate for a short visit to Vienna. The location some 30m from the underground and 1 or 2 stops from main shopping areas was ideal. The breakfast had a very good selection of hot and cold items and was well presented with plenty of tables in the 2 rooms. The room was very clean and well fitted. The Wifi is an advantage, albeit a bit slow at peak periods, around breakfast and early evening. How some hotels charge a vast amount for what should be a standard facility is beyond me and as such are not considered.

On the 6th floor the room was quiet and I slept well. All the staff were friendly and helpful, and I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Johann Strauss, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest Mike K,

it was a great pleasure to read your review. We are pleased to hear that you liked our perfect location, our breakfast and also your room. We will pass your compliments on to our staff.

Thank you for recommanding us. Looking forward to hosting you in the future.

Best regards from Vienna

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed at the Johann Strauss Hotel for two days in early October after a two week Rick Steves tour.

Location: Close to the subway with restaurants near by. Close enough to walk to old town if you want.

Hotel: Rooms are different sizes like many old houses that were converted to hotels. We were on the 6th floor in room 607. It wasn't big but adequate and seems to have been recently renovated. The elevator is small but can fit two people with luggage.
My only complaint with the room was the door key which was a standard key with the heavy key fob that has to be turned in at the desk when you leave. The problem with this process is that anyone could come in, ask for the key to your room then rob you and return the key as they leave. Change door keys to a card key and the hotel would be close to perfect.

Food: There is a bar but no restaurant in house. The breakfast selection is quite large and so is the sitting area so you shouldn't have a problem finding a place to sit.

Value: I thought the price was good for this nice a hotel and being close to the old town area.

Staff: The staff was friendly and spoke good English. They were able to assist in finding the local metro station.

Room Tip: Ours was room 607 which was ok. I will include a layout for the 6th floor in my photos that was on t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Johann Strauss, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

You are correct our location is great, close to lots of restaurants and only steps to the old town of Vienna.

It was a pleasure to read that you like our large breakfast selection and our friendly staff.

We are very sorry that you did not like our key-system but we assure you that nobody can take the key without key-pass or personal identification.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your impressions. We hope to welcome you soon again!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Not an expensive hotel but more than adequate for a short city break. Great location being 30m from the underground and 1 or 2 stops from main shopping areas. Liked the breakfast, very good selection and well presented. Room was very clean. Wifi is an advantage but should be standard in all hotels these days. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay again. No problems experienced.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mandapeacock
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Johann Strauss, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor after your stay at our Hotel Johann Strauss.

We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectation and that you enjoyed your stay in our house. Thank you for recommending us! Looking forward to welcome you soon again.