“It's (mostly) all about location”

NH Vienna Airport Conference Center
Ranked #145 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The obvious appeal of this hotel is the fact that it is minutes away from the departure gates. That said, if you are trundling about with multiple pieces of luggage (a rolling garment bag, a large backpack and a should bag) as I was, some form of assistance getting over there might have been nice!

The hotel itself is about what you would expect in an establishment that, essentially, serves a captive clientele. Check-in was efficient. WiFi not so much--I could only access it in the lobby, not in my room where it was supposed to also be available. The room was in the older section of the hotel, but not bad overall--the bed was comfortable and the heating unit worked well. Bartender in the lounge made an excellent Martini I could take back to my room. Room service dinner (what else? Weinerschnitzel--I'd never been in Vienna and was now only passing through with an overnight stay) was promptly served and the food itself was satisfying. Wet bar had a nice little wine to go with it. I was leaving too early in the a.m. to avail myself of the hotel breakfast, but was able to get continental breakfast via room service, which was handy.

Be forewarned if you pay in advance, as I did (a discounted rate through United Airlines): At checkout the desk will not be able to give you an itemized receipt in dollars, which makes filing an expense report cumbersome.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but only if passing through on a tight connection, and I'd ask for a renovated room.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the renovated wing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel is located just outside Vienna Airport. It takes you 2 minutes to walk to the hotel from the Airport, so it is ideal if you have a connecting flight the other morning which was my case exactly.
The room was very big and the bathroom was even bigger! The hotel looks old, but it does not matter (at least to me) because it is an Airport hotel and it does good in that area. Bathroom amenities provided were basic (shower gel, shampoo, soap, shower cap), and this is wrong because they should also provide a dental kit, and a shaving kit, since you are (usually) staying there while waiting for another flight so you should not have to unpack (or carry with you) things like that. In the bathroom there is no shower curtine resulting to a small flood unless you are extra carefull while taking a shower. Sleep quality was ok (no noise at all from the airport) but I did hear some noise from the corridors. There was a mini bar in the room that had the basics, but to be honest I did not look at the prices. The TV was not what you would call state of the art cause it was not flat, but it does have a lot of channels. Internet was provided free of charge for 24 hours, which I found very usefull. Breakfast was the best part of the stay. Everything was provided. I am not sure how much it costs because in my reservation it was included, but I think it's worth the price.
I would definatelly recommend for people with long stopovers.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JohnK2006
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Had a 1 night stay here in July. This is a fantastically convenient hotel - a short (2 minute) walk to the airport terminals. I stayed in a superior room and it was ver well worth the extra money. The room was spacious, with a wonderful huge and comfortable bed, lovely bathroom. I felt truly rested after a night here, ready for the next journey!

Room Tip: Superior room - pay the extra!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I'm kind of surprised by some of these reviews but maybe parts of the hotel have been renovated. The location is excellent. It is a true airport hotel - meaning you can walk your luggage across the street and into the airport. Great for early morning flights! The CAT train also makes it very convenient to go to downtown Vienna for the day. Staff was polite, not really overly friendly but definitely not rude either. I dropped my bags off in the morning, and took the CAT to spend the day in Vienna. When I got back, they had misplaced my bag but eventually found it thank goodness. My room though was very dated. I guess you pay for proximity to the airport here because the room was so old - carpet, tv, furnishings, bedspread. The bathroom was in better shape and everything was clean. Location to the airport cannot be beat though! No stress waiting for a shuttle, just walk yourself over!

Room Tip: Ask for updated room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice this summer. It is VERY convenient. 5 minute walk to the departure/arrival halls. When I was leaving the first time, I had to first walk to the airport to get a luggage cart. The second time, the carts were available at the hotel. No bellboys nor concierge. Comfortable and clean. Good buffet breakfast. Less than half an hour train ride to downtown Vienna (approx. 4 EUR).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 24 July 2013

When a reservation snafu left us stranded for a day at Flughafen Wien, the NH came to the rescue. We walked about 100 yards from the airport, and were accommodated immediately at about 125 euros. The hotel is also conveneient to the raill station you can take the S-Bahn into the city for about 4 euros or plump for the faster CAT at about 14.
Our room was stylish with glass fronted cabinets for clothes, minibar and safe. The bathroom was of a good size, with a frosted glass wall looking into the main room for light. The Agua de la Terra amenities were pleasant, although the soap could be bigger, Sleep quality was excellent,
We paid 19 euros per person for our breakfast, which seemed steep until we saw the quality and variety of food. Two kinds of scrambled eggs, soft-boiled eggs, breakfst sausages, bacon, weisswurst, cold meats, smoked salmon, all manner of breads, pastries, yoogurts fruits, etc. You can certainly consume your money's worth, and stoke up for a long day's travel. You may bbe able to save some money on brekfast by pre-booking,
I thought the front desk staff were efficient and polite, athough the vast lobby could use some bell staff or a concierge, as an earlier writer pointed out.
At check out I joined their club on the spot and willl certainly consider other NH locations based on this stay, If you are stuck at the airport, this place will serve you well.

Room Tip: There are different wings and I suppose you could ask for a room in the newer wing. This isn't a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The hotel is just in front of the arrival hall of Vienna Airport and it's about only 3 minutes walk. It's very convenient for travellers for an overnight stay.

The room is standard, cozy and clean. In additional to the 2 beds, there's also a couch inside. Although near the airport, it's quiet in the evening.

The check-in and check-out is very fast, although arrived after 11 pm in the evening, the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. I get the deal from priceline express deal which is not including the breakfast. But in the arrival hall, there's some choices to have a nice breakfast instead of in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Heidenheim, Leiter Gästebetreuung at NH Vienna Airport Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments for your stay at the NH Vienna Airport on tripadvisor.com.

We set a high value on your comments and suggestions since they help us to improve our service and performance in all departments.

We are very pleased that you were generally satisfied. With pleasure we forwarded your comments to our team. Such positive feedback shows us that we are on the right way.

Please have in mind that you need only 15-20 min with the CAT (express train) downtown and you have a nice wellness area at the NH Vienna Airport to realx after a sightseeing trip.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the NH Vienna Ariport or to one of our 400 NH Hotels worldwide again.

Your Team of the NH Vienna Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
MOXY Vienna Airport
ibis Vienna Airport
#5 of 6 in Schwechat
Neubau
25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier

Been to NH Vienna Airport Conference Center? Share your experiences!