“Fall out of bed onto the plane”

NH Vienna Airport Conference Center
Ranked #151 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 April 2007

We stayed at the NH Vienna in december so that we could get an early flight the next morning.

The hotel (and airport) is easy to get to via the S-Bahn which is very cheap and a model for airport transportation everywhere. Checkin was very efficient and we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, the modern style in dark wood tones and nice bathroom. The linen and pillows were also top notch.

There was some aircraft noise up until about 11pm and then very quiet all night.

We paid about 100 euro for the room and it was worth it for the quality of the accomodation and the location at the airport, it's about a 2 minute walk to the flight check in.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rossco25
Write a ReviewReviews (2,461)

Reviewed 18 March 2007

1 night at this fair hotel. Location is great, directly across from the terminal and the lobby looks fantastic, but that's where it ends. Rooms are small, beds and pillows are uncomfortable. No AC during the winter even though it was quite warm. Small bathroom, but good shower. Very pricey for accomodations received. Should not be called 4 star, closer to 2.

• Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank 69jets69
Reviewed 11 March 2007

Steps away from the airport. If you prefer to sleep in before an early departure, like I do, this is a great place to stay. And a good value, too. I paid 114 euro per night -- including breakfast -- which was the "conference" rate that had been arranged for us.

Actually, I could recommend this hotel for any single/couple staying in Vienna for a short time. This hotel also has easy access to the trains into the city of Vienna. (more about trains at the end)

If you can get the buffet breakfast included in your rate it is definitely worth it. (I do not know the price on its own as mine was included). The buffet has typical European cold cuts and cheese, American scrambled eggs and meats and carbs (french toast, etc), and lots of cereals, yogurts, and fruits. Try the scrambled eggs with a couple of slices of emmantaler cheese -- delicious! And the restaurants are non-smoking (unlike much of Europe, still).

The staff smiles, is friendly, and very helpful. No one seemed to care if I didn't speak German. They all spoke very understable English. It was raining and I had not packed an umbrella -- I borrowed one from the front-desk -- free and with a smile!

My room and bathroom were large (for Europe) and spotless -- and I am very, very picky when it comes to hotel cleanliness. Instead of carpeting, the floors are laminate that looks like hardwood and it's much, much cleaner than carpeting. I had no problem going barefoot, or in my stocking feet -- and the bottoms of my socks did not turn black like they do in so many carpeted hotel rooms. Extra towels were delivered with a smile, within 5 minutes. There was a wonderful box of chocolate truffles in the room the first day, as well as a piece of chocolate on each pillow and the chocolate on the pillows was replaced everyday. My room was non-smoking and nothing in the room smelled like stale smoke, nor like too much air freshener trying to cover smoke smells, either. It appeared that my whole floor was non-smoking rooms.

Elevators were larger and quicker than most European hotels I have visited.

Local phone calls were .30 euro (40 cents) -- which is not bad at all.

Hotel bar -- smoking is allowed there -- cigars, pipes, & cigarettes. Drinks are NOT too overpriced, but are not large, by any measure. I have to be honest, I was expecting worse.

Notes -- but by no means, complaints.
My room was too hot, so I turned off the heat. And knowing that is sometimes a problem for me I had requested a room with an operable window -- which worked out great.
I did not face the airport, but still could heard some noise until about 11pm and starting about 6am each morning -- with the window open. With the window closed, it was always very quiet. So, I wore earplugs and eyeshades and slept just fine.
Wake up calls were not automated and came about 5 minutes before actual requested wake up time.
Amenities in the bathroom, if used or missing, were replaced daily -- but inconsistently. If I took the toothbrush and comb and tissues, I got a toothbrush and washing pad the next day. Since I had packed all my own toiletries, this was not a problem. I just found it intriguing.
Bedding is high thread-count, but the duvet and pillows are not down/feathers.
TV channels in English were scarce, but adequate.

Again, I can highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Ok, more about the Trains:
It's 3 euro, each person, each way, to ride the "S" train into Vienna city center. The CAT (city airport train) is only 10 minutes faster and costs 8 euros each way. If you use either of these trains, please be sure to buy a ticket SPECIFICALLY for this leg of the ride. I rode the "S" train into and back from the city 3 times. The first time, I thought I'd "be smart" and buy a day card so that I could us the "U" bahn, trams, etc, while in the city. Well, the "tages carte" or day cards ARE NOT VALID on the "S" train, nor the CAT for that matter. To buy the ticket on board is 4.50 euro and a scolding from the conductor. This is because the "day card" ticket prices are paid to the city and the train ticket to the train company -- or something like that. It's still not a bad deal. Taxi's run about 40 euro each way. Be sure to get a set price if you take a taxi -- before you start your journey so that that are no surprises.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank suzyav8trix
Reviewed 5 January 2007

Could not be any closer to the airport. Took the bus from Bratislava to Vienna (only 11 Euro, return) right to the airport and stayed overnight for a 6:30am flight. Could not have been easier access to the airport - took 3 minutes to get from the hotel to the ticket counter. Very little airport noise, which was unexpected. Mainly the noise was from the cars not the planes. Very clean and modern hotel. 4:15 wake-up call was right on time. Great price too - 94 Euros but did not include breakfast - no problem, there are plenty of inexpensive places to eat in the airport - bought some fabulous pastry at a little coffee shop in the arrivals area. There is even a grocery store on the level below the arrivals level in the airport - didn't check it out though. Absolutely the BEST choice for convenience to the airport. Don't know about going to the city but you can get to the trains to the city from right inside the airport. Definitely will stay again if the occasion arises!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business
5  Thank Denara
Reviewed 14 December 2006

This hotel is directly opposite the entrance to the hotel terminal and so is conveniently situated for people with early or late flights. I arrived on a flight just before midnight and was quickly checked into a modern, single room. This room was booked through alpharooms and so bed and breakfast was cheaper than the rates I have noticed in other reivews (£50). The room was clean, well equiped and there was no noise from outside. Obviously this hotel is not close to the attractions of Vienna but as an airport hotel, it's great. The breakfast buffet was excellent with many choices, unusual in Europe! I would recommend this hotel on that point alone!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 19 October 2006

This hotel could not be closer to the airport, which I found a great plus point. It was great to get off a flight & get straight to the acommodation rather than have to negotiate any other forms of transport etc, and also for an early morning check-in on my outbound flight, the hotel was very convenient. A lot of flight crew use this hotel.

Having looked at this website, it appears that some rooms have been refurbished & some not, so I asked for (& got) a modern room, which was lovely.

The hotel is overall very modern, and I found it friendly & accommodating, although one thing I was uncomfortable with was the over-friendly behaviour of some of the staff to me, as a single female traveller. That might be something to be aware of...

The restaurants are OK, breakfast was good, as was the evening buffet. The a la carte restaurant was OK, but very slow service. The food in the restaurant and bar was more exciting on the menu than the actual food turned out to be! It was edible though & nicely presented. I've had much worse in hotels!

I was disappointed that despite little cards in the room telling you how to use the quick connect internet, it turned out there was no internet in the room unless you wanted to pay extortionate rates for the wireless 'key'. These days, all hotels should be offering free internet in my opinion.

Overall though, my experience was favourable. The hotel was clean, bright & friendly, and if you want an airport hotel, its in a great location. Would use again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank sparklerhino
Reviewed 14 August 2006

Just returned from a vacation, including a stay at the nh Vienna Airport Hotel. Read the reviews and totally agree... yes it is pricey, but well worth the money if you have an early morning flight. It's a one-minute walk to the departure terminal from the hotel! It's a five-minute walk from the car rental return parking area.

The Reception Desk personnel were very friendly, efficient and helpful. We had reserved two rooms and both were well-appointed, clean and new in appearance. Lots of pillows on the very comfortable beds. Everything worked properly in the room.

Word of advice: you have to leave your keycard in the slot by the door to get the bathroom lights to work. We had never before encountered this?

Overall we had a very pleasant stay, and I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

3  Thank rockawaynj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
MOXY Vienna Airport
Neubau
25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier
Landstraße
Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna

Been to NH Vienna Airport Conference Center? Share your experiences!