“Location location and Spotless Clean!”
Review of Hotel Royal

Hotel Royal
Ranked #109 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I researched for a hotel in prime location where I could go practically to every must see sight on foot, shop, eat, safe, clean, with WIFI, and breakfast included without emptying my bank. This hotel is the answer. I shall return if I ever go back to Vienna.

Because it is located in a dead end street by the pedestrian area, I found my hotel quite quiet even though I chose a room facing the street.

The room seemed to have just gone through an overhaul. They had new quality hardwood floors and white new modern bathroom. The room was big and so was the closet with shelves. The bathroom was a bit small but that was fine for I was alone. The bathroom has a shelf to place my toiletries.

Breakfast slightly changed each day. I was happy of the choices. You can ask for cappuccino without extra charge if you wish.

• Stayed: October 2013
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the great location, the nice rooms and our large breakfast buffet.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Vienna.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We arrived very late in Vienna and found our room to be disappointing. The window looked skyward, not towards the street. The next day the hotel graciously moved us to a better room. It was spacious, and included a tub and more closet space than most master bedrooms. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, as was the serving staff. The location is directly around the corner from the cathedral, near two metro stops, and a boatload of great restaurants, cafes, shopping, and most important, pastry and gelato shops. The front desk staff was extremely helpful, and always ready with a restaurant suggestion.

Room Tip: If you don't want to look skyward, avoid a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for posting your feedback after your recent at our Hotel Royal.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel Royal, even if the first room did not exceed your expectation. Thank you for mentioning the very good costumer service as well as the delicious breakfast buffet. We hope to welcome you again next time you visit Vienna.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We just returned from a romantic week-end in Vienna.
I will recomand this hotel to all my friends because it is one of the greatest I have stayed in and this is our 5th time in Vienna.
First of all because the price for the hotel was great considering that it really is a 4 star hotel and it is next to Stephansdom.
The room - standard - was very nice, confortable, big and clean. I can only imagine that the superior room looks even better.
The restaurant is very nicely decorated and the breakfast was good and diversified.
Another plus is the fact that they have a private parking and they take your car, park it and bring it back when you need it.
We will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank 1DIV
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your really nice feedback after your stay at our Hotel Royal.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the services provided by our staff. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and for the compliment of being the best Hotel!

Looking forward to your return visit.

Best regards from Vienna

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Beside the St Stephen's Cathedral, It was extremely handy to get to most of the sights of Vienna. Before this trip, I was unaware that Old Vienna is easily walk-able. The Hotel has a very good restaurant on the roof, and a good one an the ground floor. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The room we had was on the second floor. It was clean and of adequate size. We stayed 4 nights. The toiletries were the only black mark. The breakfast buffet was also very good. I would recommend this hotel mainly for it's location; and we will return.

Room Tip: We overlooked the street outside, and despite this, were not bothered by noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John R
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest John R,

with pleasure we read your comments about our Hotel Royal after your recent stay in Vienna. Thank you for choosing and for recommending us. We are very pleased to read, that everything exceed your expectations, especially the very central location, the nice room, our beautiful restaurant, our friendly staff, the delicious breakfast, …

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions.

We hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is in a really good location. We could walk to the local sites.

There are local cafes open until very late - which is good for late arrivals.

Very friendly and helpful staff as well.

(Also make sure you buy some cakes from Demel nearby)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest MeMike1234,

thank you for your excellent evaluation on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you soon again at Hotel Royal.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Position of this hotel could not have been better. As a 4 star hotel it met our needs, but my only critism was the pillows. To arrive with only 1 skinny lumpy pillow each was not a good introduction. The staff were excellent and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
FamilieKremslehner, Owner at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest Daphne 643,

thank you for taking the time to send us a review after your stay at our Hotel Royal.

We are delighted to hear that everything was almost fine. Regarding the pillow, we are sorry to hear that you did not ask at reception for a different or an additional one. We have different pillows at disposal (allergy pillow, pillow with different fillings, … ).

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again in one of our Kremslehner Hotels.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I spent a week in the hotel and I had a great (!) experience. First of all - great location right near the Dom, it's a great starting point for all the trips around the city (everything is much closer in real life than on the map). I stayed there for 7 nights at the and of August. I pre-booked my staying using Booking.com, my order was non-refundable and was fully paid before my stay. After reading all the stories here about switching the guests to a different hotel, I sent an e-mail to the hotel (actually twice) to confirm my reservation, and the hotel politely confirmed the reservation for both e-mails. I also asked in my reservation to get a non smoking room, as smoking is very popular around Austria, and got one. The room was on the first floor, and although it's in the hart of the old city, it was very spacious and had 2 chairs with a table and a desk. It looks like it was renovated not too long ago (and especially the bathroom), I also didn't have any problems with the wi-fi (maybe because I was on the first floor), and it was quiet. The breakfast was a bit poor compare to other 4 stars hotels - not much of a selection, but both hot and cold dishes were there. For those who are interesed in buying food for the rest of the day - there is a hugh suparmarket right in front of the hotel. The TV was one of the "old style" Tvs, but I barely watched it and the bed is a bit weird - very low and soft (also the pillows). The hotel's staff was very polite but didn't really know the easiest ways to get from one point to another. Although it's a bit pricy, I highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: * if you are a non smoker ask for a non smoking
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom_ISR

Dear Guest Tom ISR,

thank you for your very nice and detailed review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear, that you appreciated your stay at our Hotel Royal, that we could exceed your expectation and that you could recommend our house.
Thank your very much!

Looking forward to welcoming you again.