“Great Location”
Review of Hilton Vienna

Ranked #114 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Located right outside the main station.
Catch the CAT (Direct train) from vienna Airport and just follow the signs in the station
Lots of restaurants/shops etc around the area and easy reach of downtown.
I was told a good way to see the city was to take a horse and carriage ride but i was limited for time so couldnt do this
Exec loung is very good here. Good selection of everything and nice friendly staff.
I would return here for a leisure break and spend some relaxing time exploring the city.
Shame work restricted my time here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rugbyking

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Staying in Vienna only for a couple of days - I was looking for a hotel that would be close to the city center, comfortable, and easy to get to. I took the train from the airport terminal and arrived at the main station, 2 minutes away from the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, however the internet was a bit iffy. There were some hiccups but it worked fast in the end. Breakfast was wonderful with a great choice of food and it was served early, which allowed me to get a head start on my day. A short walk away were the shop near Stephans cathedral, and the hop on hop off bus stop was just around the corner of the hotel, this was great for the day that I had off. Checkout was fast, and I arrived at the airport quickly via the 18 minute train. No more worries with taxis and multiple metro stops. Would visit again, for sure.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I greatly appreciate your positive comments on the wide breakfast offer and our guest rooms. Furthermore, it was great to hear that you very much enjoyed our location near the historical city centre and the direct connection to the airport.

Further to your feedback regarding the Internet however, I was truly sorry to hear about the difficulties and I wish to apologize for any inconveniences this may has caused you. Please rest assured that I have already evaluated this matter with our IT Manager and we are currently looking into this matter in order to fix possible problems immediately.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your feedback and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Can't say enough about the location and the service for this Hilton property. From check-in to check-out everything was great. Easy access from the airport. We opted to take the subway line and not the airport train - it goes to the exact same U station (right across from the Hilton) and the cost is much lower. We bought the 7 day pass for the public transit system which goes from Monday to Sunday and only had to pay a small supplement for the airport subway line (you can buy this pass right at the airport). For this stay we were using points and as an Honor member they upgraded our room with access to the Concierge lounge which helped in terms of providing us with breakfast everyday. The breakfast in the lounge is sufficient but not as nice as some we have experienced. Everyone in the lounge was very nice and helpful. Had a bit of a problem with internet access but it was not too bad. Our room was nice with a view over the Stadtpark and access to a narrow balcony which allowed us to get fresh, cool air in the room - the room was warm at times. Again we loved the location - walking distance to the Inner Stadt as well as bus and tram lines. We walked to all the major attractions and only resorted to the subway at the end of a very long walking day and to connect us to the other train stations for our side-trips out of town. The subway line across from the Hilton also has a rail ticket office for longer train rides and a mall with a food court if you want a quick bite to eat. We ate at a Chinese restaurant (back in the corner) there which was very good and reasonably priced, too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Clarissa O at front desk gave us the warmest welcome we had ever experienced ! We were made to feel so welcome after a tiring journey. She accommodated all our needs very efficiently. Definitely an asset to The Hilton. Concierge was super informative and friendly , didn't catch his name but he did inform us he was from Russia. I travel quite a bit and unfortunately never feel the need to stop and write a review on the service ..... Until now !
Location was great, directly across from the CAT ( short shuttle to airport) walking distance to the main town centre, mall across the street, abundance of bars and restaurant close to all the local attractions.
Breakfast was amazing.
WHEN I return to Vienna I will absolutely be staying at this hotel !

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Having booked several months in advance, I managed to get a great deal on a king junior suite. The room is enormous and gives access to the executive lounge, which is a bonus. The hotel is in a great location for easy access to the airport and the city centre. Staff are also very helpful.

2  Thank taxdave
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this fantastic review of the Hilton Vienna.

With pleasure I read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our King Junior Suite and the complimentary access to the Executive Lounge fully met your expectations. I also greatly appreciate your positive feedback regarding the friendliness of our staff and our central location.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Vienna in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just stayed 3 nights having booked on the internet. Very happy with the experience. Fortunate to have an executive suite. This is a standard city style hilton used for business persons and it appears some tour companies. That said it was perfect for our needs. The staff were very attentive and polite but the main selling point for this hotel in my view is its location. It's right next to the city underground station and city link train to the airport. This cost just 11 euros via the hotel concierge and we were able to check in our luggage at the train station and be issued with flight boarding cards. An amazing system. The train journey is just 16 minutes. On arrival we used a taxi from the airport to the hotel at almost 40 euros, I would avoid it's totally unnecessary given this hotels location. As for the other points everything is actually within walking distance yes use the underground if you wish but the walk is really not too far. Vienna as a city was great. A Chinese restaurant some 100 metres from the hotel was the best I'd ever eaten in. Not your standard uk meal! In summary. Great city, great hotel and hilton were as good as ever.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I am an often traveller to Vienna so I know the city very well. Hilton Vienna is a great addition to my list of quality stays - high quality, comfortable, perfect location and nice staff. It's a short walk to the Stephanplatz and other historical sites in Wien. Definitely would go back!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business