“FANTASTIC HOTEL”

GreenLeadersGold level
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC HOTEL”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is a great location only 5-10 mins walking to St Stephens Church and the center of Vienna. The red line hop on hop off bus stop is right outside the hotel front doors. This is a good quality hotel and all the staff are great. The Cathedral view rooms on a high floor have best view. Exec lounge is great for lots of extras. The beds and linen are top quality. In my opinion this hotel is better than those right in the town center because there is a lovely park opposite so you have better views. The town center hotels only have a view to the building across the road. Well done Hilton

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and to complete our guest questionnaire regarding your recent visit at the Hilton Vienna.

With pleasure I read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met your expectations. The fantastic feedback on our staff, the executive lounge and our location is highly appreciated and I thank you sincerely for the time taken to share your experiences with me.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your time and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

With kind regards from Vienna,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2014

They Are well Located, The Buffet Breakfast is Excellent, The Rooms are very comfortable. They were in the process of remodeling it did not feel like a five star experience. From they way people were at the counter to just the overall place. Do not get me wrong. i would stay here again as nothing was wrong i just did not find it to be five star.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Howard S
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Location is ok, but not so great. The hotel is not so near St. Stephen's Cathedral, you have to walk about 15 minutes to get there. You have the train station and a shopping with places to eat across the street.
Regarding the hotel, the rooms are dated, as well as the bathroom, they need an urgent remodeling. I did not have breakfast at the hotel, because it was very expensive. However, across the street there is a beautiful and cozy cafeteria Ströck, with excellent homemade pastry and breads, and tasty cappuccinos.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

Reading your overall evaluation, I very much regret that your stay with us did not entirely meet your expectations and I am very sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Coming back to your comments regarding our location I must admit that they came as a surprise to me. With its short walking distance to the city centre, the location at downtown Stadtpark as well as the safe surroundings, our hotel’s location tends generally to get ranked as a main asset of the hotel and as such is highly appreciated by our guests.

As it is our intention to make our guest’s stays as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, we are constantly refurbishing and repairing our interior and I truly regret if you have received a different impression.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your valuable time and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Washington, DC
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I don't really have anything bad I can say about the hotel... it's in a fairly convenient location next to a beautiful park and walkable to all the major tourist sites (a little bit of a hike, but not too bad, and being Vienna the walk is gorgeous).

The hotel was clean, staff was courteous, and HH gold benefits were properly honored.

Club lounge breakfast is a bit weak, but it was at least enough not to leave the hotel hungry. Internet was blazing fast, which was much appreciated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SoundGuyDC
Dhaka
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed in the hotel for almost a week in a 11th floor executive room in April,totally superb. I couldn't find any fault.Front desk staff was very cooperative and efficient. Checkin was smooth.
Rooms were excellent with great views. All amenities were perfect wifi was excellent superb speed. Location possibly the best due to easy availability of taxi,Underground and Hop on hop off service for travelers. Concierge was extremely helpful. Breakfast was very good the buffet was excellent with excellent food.This Hilton is a class apart. Would love to stay there again.Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: The upper The better
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Zibiyan H
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The lobby is good, front desk staff is very nice. The concierge was very helpful. The restaurant is good. The rooms are another story. They are dirty, old and the maid service is extra bad. Every day we came back in the afternoon almost 5pm maid had not been there to clean it yet. I asked them to clean the room, they told me in 10 minutes and one and a half hours later I had to call back again to ask them to do it, unbelievable! When I showed the picture of the carpet to my friends, they told me why you did not ask for another room… I did and they showed me another room exactly the same. If you want a better experience go someplace else. If you do not care about how your hotel room, stay here, the hotel is in a good location breakfast buffet is good.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Yoliyoly
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.

I highly appreciate your valuable comments while at the same time I truly regret to learn that your stay with us did not entirely fulfil your expectations.

Especially your comment regarding the cleanliness of our rooms came as a shock to the team and me. We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you as well as the impression you have received. We do operate our hotel on highest cleanliness- and quality standards, which numerous traveller reviews do confirm.

Please rest assured that I have already evaluated your comments with our Executive Housekeeper in order to avoid such re-occurrences in the future.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your time and valuable feedback. With this you give us the chance to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to the needs of our guests.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to rebuild your trust in us and our high quality promise. I would therefore be more than delighted welcoming you as our guest again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights back in February and I can't say enough about this hotel. Vienna is now definitely one of my favourite places in the world, thanks in large part to this fantastic hotel.

The service is remarkable and the staff are ever so friendly and helpful. I mentioned upon booking that I was gonna propose to my girlfriend during this trip, and they spared no expense in throwing a surprise for us.

Loved the breakfast buffet selection as well.

Highly recommended and I will definitely return to this great Hilton Hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in a suite on the 11th floor, and it had a great view of the city.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple