“Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Hilton Vienna is in a convenient location -close to the train station, supermarket and tourist sites such as St. Stephen's Cathedral and the State Opera. The lobby serves as a nice meeting area and the rooms were fine. The breakfast buffet was excellent! Some members of our group had difficulty with access to Wi-Fi and there was some noisy repair work going on during our three night stay. Staff was friendly and helpful. When I requested a single sheet for our bed (rather than the heavy duvet), it arrived at our door in minutes. The décor was rather unusual with red ceramic rabbits and a large red "waiter" at the restaurant door. There were no views of the city from our hotel room which was disappointing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view, if possible. All we saw from our room was grass on rooftops.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is primarily a business hotel in an excellent central location opposite the CAT train from airport (16 mins from airport. You can also check in your bags at at the train station before boarding the train back to the airport). The hotel is pretty characterless but provides all the necessary services for a comfortable stay. Good breakfast (not sure i'd pay for it if it wasn't included in the price though). Very very comfortable beds - no issues sleeping at all over 3 nights. Decent sized rooms. However, €25 per 24 hours for in-room internet is very expensive in my opinion. Free public space internet. Friendly and efficient staff especially in the business centre. I'd visit again if on business but possibly not if being a tourist just because of the lack of authentic Austrian character.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I cannot fault the hotel in terms of cleanliness, space and layout. Generally the hotel is light, airy and pleasant to be in.

However, never have I encountered such expensive, temperamental WI-FI. This significantly slowed me down when working and trying to access emails.

The restaurant food was overprice and bland, but the staff were helpful and polite.

The beds are like marshmallows- heaven!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent visit.

I was glad to read that you overall felt comfortable during your stay and that you appreciated our comfortable Hilton Serenity beds and the friendliness of our staff.

Furthermore, I would like to thank you for your feedback on our internet connection. I have already reviewed this matter with our IT Manager, in order to fix possible immediately and I am very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you.

Coming back to your feedback on our restaurant, I was very sorry to hear that your meals were not enjoyable. I may assure you that it is our top priority to meet all our travellers’ needs also in this regard and please rest assured that your feedback does not stay unheard.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with me. I would be more than delighted to welcome you at the Hilton Vienna again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was disappointed by this hotel, whilst the location is good: opposite Wien Mitte train station which also houses the Spar chain of supermarket - good for snacks; the hotel itself is huge , and very impersonal. Every time I had to approach reception or the concierge there seemed to be a queue.

The breakfast restaurant - Sparks, offers an excellent buffet breakfast with a huge array of just about anything your heart desires! I loved the warm croissants every morning as well as the juice and yoghurt bar.

The bathroom was quite small and the ceilings are very low, unusual for a city of tall inhabitants!

A frustrating feature of this hotel is that wi fi is not available in the guest rooms , only in the lobby which meant that the lobby was frequently busy and noisy. This made for a difficult time for trying to Skype or catch up on emails- I preferred to visit the bakery across the road- Storch which offers free wi fi to its customers.

This hotel is opposite the Stadtpark and within easy walking distance of restaurants and the Stefansdom, and Kaertnerstrasse shopping area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed the central location of the Hilton Vienna with the opposite shopping centre and our buffet breakfast.

Coming back to your overall evaluation however, I deeply regret that you felt our hotel was impersonal. Allow me to assure you that we truly value each individual guest and I am very sorry if you have received a different impression.

At the same time I greatly appreciate your comments in regards to the internet. Kindly allow me to explain that Internet (wireless and wired) is available in all our guest room and I am very sorry if you were not informed accordingly.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your valuable time and comments which help us to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to our guest needs.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to prove that we are indeed better hosts and I would be more than delighted welcoming you as our guest again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Our four night stay here was perfect. I can find nothing to fault. The room was spacious (by European standards) and the view of the city -- spectacular! The location is within steps of both the U Bahn and ring road tram. The executive lounge was well worth the extra euros, with Diane and Gabor taking care of our every need. Thank you, Hilton!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chardon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We we're very pleased with our stay at this hotel - we got in very early exhausted from an overnight flight. They got our room ready promptly for an early check in and then gave us a great room with a view of old town and the park. The room was very modern and comfortable - our bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff was very good as well. Completely pleased - loved Vienna and the this hotel enhanced our trip.

Room Tip: View of the park and old town
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for your great review on Tripadvisor!

With pleasure I read your very positive feedback concerning our staff, location and breakfast and I am glad that our services fully meet your expectations.

I am truly looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is a great location only 5-10 mins walking to St Stephens Church and the center of Vienna. The red line hop on hop off bus stop is right outside the hotel front doors. This is a good quality hotel and all the staff are great. The Cathedral view rooms on a high floor have best view. Exec lounge is great for lots of extras. The beds and linen are top quality. In my opinion this hotel is better than those right in the town center because there is a lovely park opposite so you have better views. The town center hotels only have a view to the building across the road. Well done Hilton

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and to complete our guest questionnaire regarding your recent visit at the Hilton Vienna.

With pleasure I read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met your expectations. The fantastic feedback on our staff, the executive lounge and our location is highly appreciated and I thank you sincerely for the time taken to share your experiences with me.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your time and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

With kind regards from Vienna,