US$356
The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna(Vienna)
US$674
US$656
3,502 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecity airport trainwien mitte stationfree wifiexcellent locationcorner roomlobby baran upgradeper dayconvenient locationold citystandard roomexcellent breakfastmodern hotelpublic transportationstadtparkconcierge
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A giant characterless concrete block offering impersonal service or none. This hotel has nothing to commend it. Mediocre staff, a breakfast scrum as there is insufficient seating and guests have to queue and try to grab some food. If this hotel is all that your corporate budget allows my advice is to change your employer and find one with a sense of style. My heart goes out to the manager; trying to run such a down-market establishment must be a test of human endurance as he has clearly been defeated. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JHMH1959
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor and informing us of your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.

Reading your overall evaluation however, I sincerely apologize for the experiences made especially regarding the crowded breakfast and I truly regret we were not able to live up to your expectations.

Coming back to your comment on our service, I deeply regret that you felt our hotel was impersonal. Allow me to inform you that we truly value each individual guest and I am very sorry if you have received a different impression.
I may assure you that it is Hilton’s top priority to meet all our traveller’s needs and please rest assured that your feedback does not stay unheard.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to rebuild your trust in us and our high quality promise. I would therefore be more than delighted welcoming you as our guest again soon.

With kind regards from Vienna,

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014

For location, value and ease, the Hilton Vienna on the park was great. We were upgraded to an executive floor when we arrived (11th) and took advantage of the executive lounge each day, great view on the 12th floor. The breakfast was also nice and again the location was convenient to what we wanted to see including the MAK museum, the central cathedral, American Bar and more.

The hotel is very busy with tour groups and business conferences though so for travelers on holiday in a small group it can be a bit overwhelming at times when there are 300 people in the lobby!

The concierge was helpful in making dinner recommendations but the two places we asked them to call for us seemed oddly unreachable so we ended up going places they recommended near the hotel. Not sure if this was coincidence but it seemed a little weird. One of the places was excellent (Purstner on Riemergasse) the other - not so much.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katep384
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Feels like the chain hotel it is, with a nice lobby and decent rooms. We liked the location, conveniently located across from the CAT station for the train to the airport and also Stadtpark (walking distance to the restaurant Steirereck im Stadtpark/Meierei im Stadtpark).

We arrived rather late in the evening, and check in was smooth. It was quite busy during the day and long lines for checkout. Staff were initially lukewarm when we needed assistance but housekeeping eventually came through.

Room was clean and quiet, bathrooms decent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

First of all, I should say that the other reviews are spot on. This is a big hotel (I was on the 10th floor and I think there were another two floors above me?), and with that comes all the support of a big hotel but it also has that 'big hotel' atmosphere.

So if you want a 'boutique' hotel experience, don't stay here, but otherwise, you will not be disappointed.

The access from the CAT train (City Airport Train) to the hotel couldn't be easier and is right opposite the hotel in the shopping mall. I was travelling on my own for business with a heavy suitcase so it worked very well for me. At 19 euros for a return ticket, it is fantastic value for money also and takes 16 minutes from the airport.

I was attending a conference at the MAK venue which was just across the street and maybe a 5 minute walk at the most, so was perfect for me.

I was upgraded to an exec room due to booking issues at their end, so I was very happy with that! The room was fine - standard Hilton room with a shower in the bath, a bathrobe, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, and a great view as you can imagine from the 10th floor.

The bed was fantastically comfy and the pillows were amazing - I slept very well each night.

The lobby has free wi fi so is usually quite busy, but the bar is also there and is very reasonably priced (although not for coffee - 4.75 euro for a coffee as against 6 euro for a good glass of wine!).

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

The staff were fantastic - the concierge organised some photocopying for me which I expected to pay for but was free of charge, and the night before I left, you get a bill posted under your door with an option of signing it there and then so all you have to do is to drop it into reception and leave. They take the payment from your credit card you gave them on check-in, and email you a copy of the bill. Fantastic for me and the bill was emailed within 40 mins of me leaving the hotel.

If you stay here, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: High floors give you good views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this detailed review on Tripadvisor!

I was delighted to read that you very much enjoyed your business stay at the Hilton Vienna and I highly appreciate your positive feedback on the central location of our hotel, the friendliness of our staff and our Executive rooms.

Furthermore, I am glad that our Express-Check-Out procedure made your morning a bit easier.
Dear Guest, I want to thank you once again for your valuable comments.

I am really looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Vienna in the near future.

Kind regards from Vienna,

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you like the "big-hotel-chain" consistency, stay at this Hilton. It is a very large property and always busy (the lobby is a constant buzz with people -- cuz that's where Wi-Fi is free) The staff are friendly & helpful (we got daily help from concierge to find locations we wanted to get to, etc) Great location -- about 10-15 minute walk to Kartnerstrasse &St Stephens cathedral; also across from Metro/train station. Rooms are typical Hilton quality and layout -- much bigger than old-world European hotels, which typically have much smaller rooms with 2 single beds or 1 "full" bed (Hilton has king-size).

Room Tip: Elevators are usually full, because hotel is large and house lots of groups -- request a lower floor, so you can walk up & down stairs, instead of waiting for elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple