Hilton Vienna
US$265
US$201
Agoda.com
3,506 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecity airport trainwien mitte stationfree wifiexcellent locationcorner roomlobby baran upgradeper dayconvenient locationold citystandard roomexcellent breakfastmodern hotelpublic transportationstadtparkconcierge
Reviewed 2 June 2014

just a quick list of what made my stay really uncomfortable:
-at checkin they say that my credit card is not working and therefore they cannot use it as deposit for extras. I reply that I'm going to rest in the room for a couple of hours and come back and try again my card, assuring them I'm not going to take anything from the minibar or the lounge bar.
when I go back to the reception my card is working but later on that night I find out that my minibar had been locked and so will remain for all my 4 nights stay. I didn't even get complementary water bottles, not even mentioning usual greetings you normally get in this kind of hotels (welcome drink, fruit, chocolate and so on)
-again, during checkin I received no information whatsoever about the hotel (breakfast time, gym, extra services and so on). the first night I had to call the reception to ask until what time breakfast was served, I was told until 11. next morning I go to the restaurant at 10.25 and I'm told that the buffet closes at 10.30.
-and again, I get up too late for breakfast on a sunday. I go to the bar and ask for coffe and one croissant. I'm told that croissants are only for guests paying for the 49 euros brunch in the restaurant.
-the room is not provided with slippers and the toiletries are very poor and they don't get refilled every day. sheets and towels are not changed as often as the leaflet in the room says.
-there's no turndown service. for what I know every 5 star hotel should have it.
-the wi-fi internet is free of charge only in the lobby and in the restaurant, where it works very badly anyway and you have to input the long password every time you use your device. internet in the room is 25 euros a day! unbelievable even if we were talking about a 3 star hotel.
-moreover, the lobby is always very crowded and once I had to sit in the bar (almost empty) because I had to work on my computer and the lobby was full. A waitress came to my table asking what I wanted to drink and when I said I was not going to order anything she rudely replied that I was in a bar.
-the hotel has 2 entrances. one night my taxi dropped me at the main entrance which was closed. there was not doorman and no ring. I had to walk all the way to the other entrance where I could finally get inside by swiping my card.
In conclusion: I didn't ask to be spoiled, I wasn't in Vienna for holidays, I had to work and I only needed to receive the basic treatment a business hotel like this should provide.
I was so disappointed that I thought it was worth loosing 5 minutes to write a review, because I hope I can be helpful to travelers wondering where to stay. There's plenty of nice hotels in Vienna, choose another one!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank DaisyLovescali
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.
Coming back to your overall evaluation however I sincerely apologize for the described experiences made, especially regarding the services you received from our Front Desk and Bar team and I truly regret that we were not able to live up to your expectations.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the locked minibar and allow me to assure you that I have already forwarded your information to the respective department heads in order to avoid such re-occurrences in the future.

I am also very sorry for the misunderstanding in regards to the breakfast times. Kindly allow me to explain that we offer breakfast from 06:30 – 10:30 am on weekdays and from 06:30 – 11:00 am on weekends and public holidays and I am deeply sorry if you were given a different impression.

Dear Guest, I fully agree that the handling of your requests truly did not reflect the service quality you may expect from us. Allow me to reiterate my sincerest apologies about the described events and I deeply regret the inconveniences caused. Please rest assured that I have already internally evaluated this matter as the described is simply not acceptable.

Further to your comments on our housekeeping amenities, kindly allow me to explain that we do offer turn-down-services and slippers upon request and are more than happy to deliver more toiletries if needed. Also, sheets are exchanged every three days while the towels are only changed if you leave them on the floor or in the bathtub.
However, I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward your reservation details in order for me to investigate and with that hopefully bring some light into this matter.

I am also truly sorry that the internet quality and charges have negatively influenced your trip and our IT Manager was immediately informed in order to fix possible problems immediately.
I may assure you that it is Hilton’s top priority to meet all our traveller’s needs also in this regard and please rest assured that your feedback does not stay unheard.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your time and valuable feedback. With this you give us the chance to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to the needs of our guests.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to rebuild your trust in us and our high quality promise. I would therefore be more than delighted welcoming you as our guest again soon - kindly contact me directly whenever you plan a return visit to Vienna.

With kind regards,
Hilton Vienna

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I always stay at this hotel in Vienna. The hotel is located near a very convenient subway station, as it is the entry point for the CAT train from the airport, which arrives directly here. The hotel is a five-minute walk from the platform. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I usually get a nice upgrade, which means I cannot complain about the rooms. The hotel location is close to the town center, which is easily walked, and very close to the Museum of Applied Art. The executive lounge is well stocked and staffed.

I have only ever had a single problem at thsi hotel: one time, the air conditioning was fixated on heating the room up, and would accept no other instruction! However, I reported this to the front desk, and maintenance immediately arrived and fixed the problem.

I can definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I got this as a priceline deal, saying it was 5 star. It's a very nice Hilton, great location and really friendly and helpful staff, but this is no 5 star hotel. We got upgraded to the 12th floor executive level, so I imagine our room was better than standard, but it was very standard in my opinion. Tiny bathroom without much decor, same for the room. The best part was the view, which was stunning. But all else aside, not worth paying the asking price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Well, let's start off with the good stuff. I was impressed with the room setup with comfortable beds and the location within walking distance to many points of interest. But on the negative side, breakfast was overcrowded and tables were hard to locate because there were too many people all trying to eat breakfast. I think the staff worked hard to supply the food to the different venues. Most people were courteous and respectful while a few were not in this difficult situation. You had to save your table by placing your plates and/or a article there and then going back to get the rest of your food. The next day the staff attempted to open up more rooms for eating but I think they waited too long before they opened up another room. It was chaotic to say the least. Food was excellent and the staff was very professional and went out of their way to serve me hot chocolate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank raygar07Fullerton_CA
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Hilton is grand! Breakfast is delicious, the hotel is clean with free wifi in the lobby, the linens are superb, and most of all, the hotel staffs are friendly and very efficient. Across the hotel is the Train Station going to the Airport, it is a mall with lots of food choices inside. From Hilton, it is 15 minutes walk going to St. Stephen Cathedral, going there you will pass Stadpark, charming cafes and souvenir shops. Now, here comes the best part. They upgraded our room! WOW!!! They gave us the suite room and it is awesome! We don't want to go out anymore. The suite room is a treat! The room has nice view of the city with 2 big bedrooms and a grand king size bed, spacious living room, bathroom with bath tub.
Wow! We love you Hilton Vienna!!!

• Stayed: May 2014