“Just another Hilton”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Just another Hilton”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Ideally located steps away from the Wien Mitte. Super crowded lobby and breakfast. Wifi is free only in the lobby with a code; it's a ridiculous 25 euros a day for internet in your room! If you need a phone charger or a plug, walk a few blocks and buy one; the friendly staff will only walk you to their overpriced shop behind the reception.
I had interesting experiences because of the concierge too! I asked for advice on how to get to Semmering for a few hours of snowboarding. To cut a long story short, I almost didn't make it on the train back to Vienna because neither the bus nor the taxi I was suggested to take from the slopes to the train station existed, and no one was willing to offer me a ride!
And yet the next day I asked how I could get to the Designer Outlet Mall in Parndorf! Got there only to find (again) that there's no way of actually getting to the mall unless on foot. So I walked 5km to the mall, realised I only had time to rush into Oakley to buy goggles, and ran back to the station in the cold and dark so I wouldn't miss the last train back. Moral of the story: do your own research, don't only rely on information provided by a 5-star hotel's concierge!
It was fun though! Adventures of azeebazee!
Otherwise it's just another conference busy, business ppl filled hotel, the Hilton..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Naxxar, Malta
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best Hilton's I've stayed in around Europe. Rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and very modern!
The Hilton employees are very polite and they do their best to make you feel special.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BradbarF
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Perfect location, right in front of a Stadpark, walking distance to any part of a historical center, 5 minutes to Shtefansplatz, 10 minutes to Belveder and Hundertwasser House. Cozy and modern interior. Beautiful Lobby with an awesome cocktail card and snacks menu. Super comfortable and beautiful rooms! Very professional and helpful staff of the Hotel! Wanna be back many many more times and will suggest to all of my friends! Only Hilton!

Room Tip: Junior Suite is a big bright corner room with an amazing view all over the city!! Didn't wanna g...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Longboat Key, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is centrally located, within walking distance of most Vienna attractions. The rooms, and especially bathrooms, are comfortable and the staff is very courteous and helpful. Only drawback is the ATM in the lobby which charges approximately 10% more in fees and adjusted exchange rates when compared with any bank ATM only a few blocks away. Other than that, this hotel is an excellent choice for local sightseeing buses which stop nearby, and overall pleasant stays.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to the executive floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goditolindo
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences in regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.
I was delighted to read that you overall enjoyed your visit and that you especially appreciated our central location and our comfortable rooms. Furthermore, I would like to thank you very much for your great feedback concerning the friendliness of our staff. It is always nice to hear that our guests are being well taken care of.

Coming back to your feedback on our ATM, kindly allow me to inform you that the ATM is provided by a third-party supplier and therefore we do not have any influence on their pricing. Please rest assured that we have already forwarded your feedback to our third-party supplier and that we are very sorry if the described has inconvenienced your stay with us.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your time and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager
Durban
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights whilst on a business trip. Found the rooms comfortable, good choice of TV channels, nice bed and bedding, overall very comfortable room. It was quite busy with large groups and a conference on. I found everything great except breakfast service which really must be sorted out. Long queues some days, one side of the breakfast room was cordoned off but I could not find a clean table where I was supposed to sit and another morning I just left without eating in absolute frustration. I was offered orange juice 6 times but had to beg for coffee, plate and cutlery was cleared away, but no cutlery replaced, again I had to ask. Seems all the staff here are quite inexperienced but mostly the service could not cope with the number of guests. I tried to vary the time aand went down at 07h00 but even then it was packed. Another morning I ordered room service but had to pay 8 Eur extra on top of my B&B rate. Really, if management would just sort this out it would be a very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am very pleased with my 8-day stay at the Hilton Vienna (Stadtpark)! Over this period, we experienced no issues. Rather, I was quite surprised that so much could be more than expected. The entire hotel and room were very clean and comfortable. The hotel personnel were very kind and professional. Most memorable was the daily breakfast and happy hours held in the 12th floor executive room. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and the food and drinks were delicious. The location cannot be better. It is across the street from a major rail station, which has an amazing food court, travel agency, supermarket, and late night convenience store. Without doubt, I will stay in this hotel whenever I visit Vienna!

Room Tip: Sign up for upgrade! Views are fine from any direction.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 2 June 2014

just a quick list of what made my stay really uncomfortable:
-at checkin they say that my credit card is not working and therefore they cannot use it as deposit for extras. I reply that I'm going to rest in the room for a couple of hours and come back and try again my card, assuring them I'm not going to take anything from the minibar or the lounge bar.
when I go back to the reception my card is working but later on that night I find out that my minibar had been locked and so will remain for all my 4 nights stay. I didn't even get complementary water bottles, not even mentioning usual greetings you normally get in this kind of hotels (welcome drink, fruit, chocolate and so on)
-again, during checkin I received no information whatsoever about the hotel (breakfast time, gym, extra services and so on). the first night I had to call the reception to ask until what time breakfast was served, I was told until 11. next morning I go to the restaurant at 10.25 and I'm told that the buffet closes at 10.30.
-and again, I get up too late for breakfast on a sunday. I go to the bar and ask for coffe and one croissant. I'm told that croissants are only for guests paying for the 49 euros brunch in the restaurant.
-the room is not provided with slippers and the toiletries are very poor and they don't get refilled every day. sheets and towels are not changed as often as the leaflet in the room says.
-there's no turndown service. for what I know every 5 star hotel should have it.
-the wi-fi internet is free of charge only in the lobby and in the restaurant, where it works very badly anyway and you have to input the long password every time you use your device. internet in the room is 25 euros a day! unbelievable even if we were talking about a 3 star hotel.
-moreover, the lobby is always very crowded and once I had to sit in the bar (almost empty) because I had to work on my computer and the lobby was full. A waitress came to my table asking what I wanted to drink and when I said I was not going to order anything she rudely replied that I was in a bar.
-the hotel has 2 entrances. one night my taxi dropped me at the main entrance which was closed. there was not doorman and no ring. I had to walk all the way to the other entrance where I could finally get inside by swiping my card.
In conclusion: I didn't ask to be spoiled, I wasn't in Vienna for holidays, I had to work and I only needed to receive the basic treatment a business hotel like this should provide.
I was so disappointed that I thought it was worth loosing 5 minutes to write a review, because I hope I can be helpful to travelers wondering where to stay. There's plenty of nice hotels in Vienna, choose another one!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank DaisyLovescali
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.
Coming back to your overall evaluation however I sincerely apologize for the described experiences made, especially regarding the services you received from our Front Desk and Bar team and I truly regret that we were not able to live up to your expectations.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the locked minibar and allow me to assure you that I have already forwarded your information to the respective department heads in order to avoid such re-occurrences in the future.

I am also very sorry for the misunderstanding in regards to the breakfast times. Kindly allow me to explain that we offer breakfast from 06:30 – 10:30 am on weekdays and from 06:30 – 11:00 am on weekends and public holidays and I am deeply sorry if you were given a different impression.

Dear Guest, I fully agree that the handling of your requests truly did not reflect the service quality you may expect from us. Allow me to reiterate my sincerest apologies about the described events and I deeply regret the inconveniences caused. Please rest assured that I have already internally evaluated this matter as the described is simply not acceptable.

Further to your comments on our housekeeping amenities, kindly allow me to explain that we do offer turn-down-services and slippers upon request and are more than happy to deliver more toiletries if needed. Also, sheets are exchanged every three days while the towels are only changed if you leave them on the floor or in the bathtub.
However, I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward your reservation details in order for me to investigate and with that hopefully bring some light into this matter.

I am also truly sorry that the internet quality and charges have negatively influenced your trip and our IT Manager was immediately informed in order to fix possible problems immediately.
I may assure you that it is Hilton’s top priority to meet all our traveller’s needs also in this regard and please rest assured that your feedback does not stay unheard.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your time and valuable feedback. With this you give us the chance to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to the needs of our guests.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to rebuild your trust in us and our high quality promise. I would therefore be more than delighted welcoming you as our guest again soon - kindly contact me directly whenever you plan a return visit to Vienna.

With kind regards,