“Hilton at its average”

GreenLeadersGold level
Luxembourg
“Hilton at its average”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

a series of imperfection, from poorly-functioning air conditioning to cold cigarette smell in a non-smoking room, not expected from the brand, its promises... and the price per night. Unfortunately, boutique hotels have the edge now.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Hotel was very nice. Our bed could have been more comfortable but a nice bathroom. The location was great. Wifi worked well. The breakfast was A plus plus. There was nothing left off. The custom omelets and waffles were to die for. Would recommend they get better pillows and mattresses.

Room Tip: All rooms great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I moved to Hilton from the other hotel, when visiting Vienna and was happy about this move. Everything was guaranteed Hilton quality.. also what comes the fact that you have to pay 25 euros extra per day for using wifi in your room.. it is ancient style history charge this amount for using it in room, heads up Hilton management.. Staff was excellent and bar very nice to relax after work. Everything worked well in my stay. Location was also excellent and there is Vapiano restaurant very near by, so extra points for that :)

Room Tip: Consider to take CAT train from and to airport. Station is across the street of Hilton. Very conveni...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Vienna during our European vacation and we were thoroughly disapointed with the quality we found at the hotel, given that it was a Hilton. You have to understand, we stayed at 4 star hotels in Prague, Krakow and Warsaw but they weren't big chains like Hilton. Turns out that those little hotels were much better than the Hilton. First, the beds were worse than the beds you find down South, in other words hard, very hard. I slept on two pillows lined up vertically on top of the mattress because the springs were hurting me. Second, wifi was only available in the hotel's lobby. This was very annoying because throughout our vacation the lesser known hotels had wifi everywhere and then we got to a Hilton and only had it in the lobby? Odd. First world problems obviously. Also, our safe was already locked when we got in the room and so we had to call for them to come unlock it. It took around 40 minutes for someone to show up- which seemed pretty long given that it's such a high rated hotel...The breakfast was really really good though! The hotel was clean and the room was really big, we had a corner room so it was pretty cool to have a panoramic view of downtown Vienna.

Location wise it was really good! We were about a 15 minute walk from the tourist centre where the cathedral, palace, town hall etc. are located so that was definitely a plus! We also took the metro from right beside the hotel to the Summer Palace (this is a must see) and it took about 20 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.

I was glad to read that you overall felt comfortable and enjoyed our wide breakfast offer as well as the beautiful city views from our guest rooms.

Reading your overall evaluation however, I truly regret we were not able to fully live up to your expectations.

Coming back to your comments on our beds I must admit that your feedback came as a surprise to me as usually we receive only positive feedback on the quality of our beds.

At the same time I appreciate your valuable comments regarding the Internet and I am sorry if this inconvenienced your stay with us.

Dear Guest, we highly value your opinion and I thank you sincerely for the time taken to share your comments with me. With your feedback you give us the chance to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to the needs of our guests.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Vienna in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Hilton Vienna

Ronald Diesenreiter
Hotel Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Ideally located steps away from the Wien Mitte. Super crowded lobby and breakfast. Wifi is free only in the lobby with a code; it's a ridiculous 25 euros a day for internet in your room! If you need a phone charger or a plug, walk a few blocks and buy one; the friendly staff will only walk you to their overpriced shop behind the reception.
I had interesting experiences because of the concierge too! I asked for advice on how to get to Semmering for a few hours of snowboarding. To cut a long story short, I almost didn't make it on the train back to Vienna because neither the bus nor the taxi I was suggested to take from the slopes to the train station existed, and no one was willing to offer me a ride!
And yet the next day I asked how I could get to the Designer Outlet Mall in Parndorf! Got there only to find (again) that there's no way of actually getting to the mall unless on foot. So I walked 5km to the mall, realised I only had time to rush into Oakley to buy goggles, and ran back to the station in the cold and dark so I wouldn't miss the last train back. Moral of the story: do your own research, don't only rely on information provided by a 5-star hotel's concierge!
It was fun though! Adventures of azeebazee!
Otherwise it's just another conference busy, business ppl filled hotel, the Hilton..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Naxxar, Malta
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best Hilton's I've stayed in around Europe. Rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and very modern!
The Hilton employees are very polite and they do their best to make you feel special.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BradbarF
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Perfect location, right in front of a Stadpark, walking distance to any part of a historical center, 5 minutes to Shtefansplatz, 10 minutes to Belveder and Hundertwasser House. Cozy and modern interior. Beautiful Lobby with an awesome cocktail card and snacks menu. Super comfortable and beautiful rooms! Very professional and helpful staff of the Hotel! Wanna be back many many more times and will suggest to all of my friends! Only Hilton!

Room Tip: Junior Suite is a big bright corner room with an amazing view all over the city!! Didn't wanna g...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple