Best is location - quarter of an hour's walk from St Stephen's, ten more to Hofburg. Right by the main city public transportation knots, including the Airport train shuttle. Public garage (expensive!) directly below reception area. Evening view of the Stadtpark and Centre (if you landed with a South facing room) memorable. The huge lobby hall with a rather hidden bar is not a great architectural achievement.
The second time around and going through booking.com we got a truly large double corner room. Very good in all details, if somewhat outdated. However, even though having prepaid the room for three and arriving late afternoon, we had to call reception for the third bed. The reception itself was faultless and effficient.
We only used the hotel restaurant for breakfast, and only because it was included in our price. Nothing to complain about, good choice of classic and even some Asian food, but at 28 EUR that one is charged otherwise, it is a ripoff. In a half empty restaurant we were seated by an automatic terrace door - every time someone used it, it kept closing and opening five successive times (in spite of attempts by the staff to reset the system) and the outside temperature was not really on July level that very morning. Additionally, we had to keep ordering our second cappuccino to three different staff members before finally getting one fifteen minutes after our first order. Not acceptable for five stars, either.
The price we got was competitive for five stars, though, and we might return for some other Vienna break. Imperial on the Ringstrasse remains my absolute favorite, though. But not so close to the best restaurant in Central Europe, the Steiereck, as Hilton is...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria's premier hotels. Set in the heart of Vienna, the hotel is just 16 minutes from Vienna International Airport by the city airport train. The main sights and most fashionable shopping streets are within walking distance.Relax in our comfortable guest rooms and enjoy a high standard of amenities. Located on the higher floors of the hotel, the Executive rooms offer breathtaking views over Vienna and exclusive Executive Lounge access with complimentary continental breakfast, drinks and snacks. Upgrade to a bright suite for extra space and excellent views from the private balcony. Try innovative Austrian cuisine on the alfresco terrace of S'PARKS restaurant or enjoy Austrian wines and Viennese coffees at the Lobby Bar & Lounge at this Vienna hotel. Work out in the well-equipped gym or unwind in the sauna, steam bath and relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Hilton International Vienna
- Vienna Hilton International