“You can't beat this location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Vienna

Ranked #111 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Brisbane, Australia
“You can't beat this location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Located Wien-Mitte with U-Bahn, S-Bahn and CAT (City to Airport train with check-in counters) the location could not be better. Also, it is just a few minutes walking distance away from Steirereck, one of the best restaurants in Austria. We decided for a last minute paid upgrade to an Alcove Suite which was actually 2 rooms put together with one room turned into a sitting area. It had a very spacious walk-in robe but the bathroom was really tiny. The rooms are tiny in general but bed was comfortable and room/bathroom was clean . Breakfast downstairs in the restaurant was nice. Drinks and canapes in the club lounge were quite ok. It certainly is something to consider when staying in Vienne.

Room Tip: Remember, rooms and bathrooms are very small. Try to upgrade if you need more room space.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
3 Thank goodfoodfanOZ
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions on Tripadvisor!

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you especially appreciated our location near the historical city centre and our comfortable Hilton Serenity beds.

Further to your feedback regarding the size of your rooms, I am very sorry if this has clouded your stay with us. Our team would be happy to assist you during a future reservation to better meet your needs!

I hope you will visit us again whenever your travels bring you back to Vienna.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Close to the town and ideally located this large hotel is busy all the time. Clean and neat with all the required additions like iron, hair dryer, tea and coffee facilities in your room. In the lobby are four computers and a printer to check in on line and download boarding passes! Good one!
Comfortable beds and pillows, good bar in the lobby and the normal buffet breakfast all work well!swipe cards to lifts and rooms. Air conditioning in the room not great! Check in and out is fast.

Room Tip: Wifi free in lobby and restaurant. 25 euros to have it in your room! Bit stiff really!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Jane K
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Location was excellent, easy and very affordable to get to from the airport by train.
Very comfortable large room.
Annoying that Wi-Fi only free in foyer, too expensive in room.
We enjoyed included buffet breakfast.
Hotel very busy, had to wait for Concierge advice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Apples365
Meise, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for two days in July 2014:

1. Door lock was broken, according to the recptionis it was fixed the next day, still took me 5 minutes each time to open my room door.

2. Breakfast service is terrible:
- Coffee machine was empty (no milk). I told staff but they didn't fill it, they just continued rearranging tables.
- Yoghurts, Muesli etc is not labeld, one can only guess which is low fat, gluten free, etc...
- Breakfast on staurdays is still 11. Yet as of 10h the buffet is completely left unattended, the staff is geating a head start on unmounting the buffet, I litterally got my plate taken away while I was still eating.

3. Rooms are only superficially clean, if you look twice there is dirt everywhere. See attached pictures.

4. Room 931 is a premium room according to the staff. However it is next to the service elevatorsd and very very noisy. Another room was not offered.

5. My minibar was never completely filled, yet the missing items were charged to my room.

I have written to the Hilton about all these issues and never received an answer.

Room Tip: Avoid 931 (next to elevators and noisy)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Daniel K
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

Reading your overall evaluation, I very much regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and I am very sorry for the impression you have received.

Coming back to your comments on the broken door lock, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused. I have already forwarded your feedback to our chief engineer in order to fix possible problems immediately.

At the same time I greatly appreciate your feedback on our breakfast offer. Please allow me to assure you that the handling of your request truly did not reflect the service quality you may expect from us. Allow me to reiterate my sincerest apologies and I deeply regret the inconveniences caused.

In regards to your comments on our housekeeping service, I am deeply sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you as well as the impression you have received. We do operate our hotel on highest cleanliness- and quality standards, which numerous traveller reviews do confirm. Allow me to assure you that I have already evaluated this matter with our Executive Housekeeper in order to review our training standards and to avoid such re-occurrences in the future.

Furthermore, I must admit that your comments regarding the noise came as a surprise to me as normally our rooms tend to be very quiet. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the described events. I deeply regret the inconveniences this has caused you.

I also would like to apologize for the missing items in the mini bar and the confusion with the payment. Kindly contact me personally if the described matter has not been resolved.

Dear Guest, we highly value your opinion as our guest and I thank you sincerely for the time taken to share your comments with me. With your feedback you give us the chance to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to the needs of our guests.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to rebuild your trust in us and our high quality promise. I would therefore be more than delighted welcoming you as our guest again soon.

Kind regards,

Dublin Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife took me on a trip to Vienna for my Birthday as I lived in the City when I was a small child some 60 years ago. We originally booked a corner suite at the Hilton Vienna Plaza but due to renovation work not being completed and no other suitable suites/rooms being available we were transferred to a suite on the 15th floor of the Hilton Vienna.

This Hotel is very centrally situated and a very short walk to the City Centre and steps away from the U-Bahn and Airport train services.

Very nice Hotel and the Suite was really lovely with excellent views and good Air Con.

The first night however we were awakened by what must have been a fire alarm which went on for a considerable length of time. The next morning we left our room at about 9.00am for breakfast only to find that the layout of our corridor had apparently changed, a wall was present where access to the lifts used to be and all fire doors were closed. We eventually found a member of the housekeeping staff who managed to push a firewall open and give us access to the lifts. Not a very impressive start to our stay!! (an explanation for this would be appreciated)

The executive lounge was OK but staffing was very variable during the day and Breakfast was very poor, when one pays a premium for an executive room with breakfast one expects to have decent freshly made scrambled eggs and bacon on plates bigger than a saucer.

The evening staff however were very friendly and efficient.

The hotel staff on the whole were very good with the exception of an extremely rude and surly young man on duty at the Breakfast room on the ground floor on the Sunday morning of our stay, we stay at many Hilton Hotels in Ireland and the UK and have never been subjected to such rudeness from a staff member.

This Hotel has many good points but I would not rate it anywhere as good as the Waldorf Hilton London, Manchester Deansgate or indeed the Belfast Hilton if asked would we stay here again, probably not.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your suite with city view and our location near the historical city centre.

Reading the rest of your evaluation however, I would like to sincerely apologize for the experiences made and I truly regret that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Regarding the fire alarm, kindly allow me to explain that a false alarm was caused and I am deeply sorry for all inconveniences this has caused you.
Please allow me to explain that the fire doors were still closed because of a technical mistake, but there was no hazardous situation at any time. I sincerely want to apologize for not having informed you about these circumstances and therefore putting you in a worrying situation.

Coming back to your feedback on the quality of our refreshments in the Executive Lounge, please allow me to ask what we could have done better in this regard. We always look for new ideas to improve our services and to better adjust them to our guests’ needs, your response would therefore be very much appreciated.

Further to your remarks on the breakfast service, I fully agree that the described is simply unacceptable and in no way reflects the high service quality we expect from our team and wish to provide our guests. I have already evaluated this incident with the respective department head in order to avoid such re-occurrences in the future.

Dear Guest, thank you again for your time and very important feedback. With this you give us the chance to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to the needs of our guests.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to prove that we are indeed better hosts and I would be more than delighted to welcome you as our guest again in the near future.

With kind regards from Vienna,

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Excellent location. We spent a weekend here & found it really easy to navigate to the local sites, shops and the amazing Opera House (can’t remember the name of the ballet production we watched). Staff were kind and obliging, the breakfast buffet was immense. There seemed to have been a large group of Asians staying at the hotel while we were there so I was pretty impressed to see foods such as dim sum at the breakfast buffet! The room was of the typical Hilton standard, large and clean. It’s a real shame that none of the Hiltons I have stayed at offer free wi-fi unless you are top level member of Hilton Honours, considering it can hardly be an additional cost to provide this service to their guests yet it would make a stay at a Hilton SO much more pleasant. Would absolutely recommend to other travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Intrepid T
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was my first visit to Vienna and the Hotel was in a fantastic location which allowed us to take in as many of the sights as possible during our four day stay. The staff were really helpful at all times no matter how many questions were asked and they were very knowledgeable. We bought the Vienna 72hour Travel pass which allows you to travel on all public transport although I have to say from this location you could walk to most of them so we probably did not need it. We were booked on B&B and the breakfast was excellent although I have to say that I thought Eur29.00 was way overpriced. I would definitely return to this Hotel and will be recommending it to anyone I know that is thinking of a trip to Vienna.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have great views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends