“Kids running riot.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ryde, Australia
“Kids running riot.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel seems to turn a blind eye to unsupervised children doing what they want. The computers in the foyer are used by them from 8am till 11pm playing games. They roam the hotel by themselves including the Executive Lounge where they play games also on the computers in the business centre there. They also help themselves to drinks food etc all day totally unsupervised. There is no peace it seems staff are to scared or advised to leave them to do what they like.
If you want a relaxing hotel beware.

4 Thank Greg393939
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

Further to your comments, I sincerely apologize for the experiences made especially regarding the noise disturbance in the Executive Lounge. I fully understand your frustration about the described and I am very sorry for the impression you have received.

Dear Guest, I do hope you continue putting your trust and loyalty in the Hilton Vienna and please rest assured that your feedback does not stay unheard. I would be more than delighted welcoming you as our guest again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We arrived late at night (travelled via City Airport Train-16 minutes from Vienna Airport) and the check-in was quick. We were given a spacious standard twin bedroom at the Executive Floor with a view of Stadtpark. Toiletries, coffee making facilities, dressing gown, slippers, iron, ironing board and toiletries are all provided. There was free 8 hours Wi-Fi at the hotel lobby. What I didn't like was, housekeeping tried to enter our room twice at 8 am and at 9:30 in the morning. I called reception but they didn't do anything about it.

Room Tip: Corner room (Executive floor) is sunny
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria_Thelma
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback via Tripadvisor!

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your spacious guest room with park view and our amenities during your visit.

At the same time I greatly appreciate your valuable comments regarding the housekeeping service. Please allow me to first of all express my sincere apology for this invasion of your privacy. I have already informed our Executive Housekeeper who will make sure to train the team member involved.

Dear Guest, I would like thank you sincerely for sharing your very important feedback with me and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards to Dubai,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hilton Vienna was my favorite hilton by far on my European travels. I stayed in all Hiltons from Budapest to Munich to Prague Berlin and Amsterdam during this two-week trip and none came close. Amazing staff made the difference. Well managed Front Office staff with Nikolaus in charge. Very genuine and kind individual. Clarrissa and Florentine were extremely helpful throughout my stay and always had a great smile while I asked my stupid American questions. As a former Director of Front Office for many Hiltons I can see this property follows the teachings required to be a successful Hilton property and for me it all started in the Front Office area. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Topcat5834
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing this great feedback on Tripadvisor!

I was thrilled to read that our hotel is your favourite Hilton hotel in Europe and that you very much enjoyed your stay with us! At the same time I would like to thank you for your kind words on our staff, in particular our Front Desk team. Positive feedback like yours is a great motivation for our team, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to our guests.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your kind words and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best regards,

Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed some times at Stadpark property between 2011 and 2014
I always knew that it is dirty, but the last time they gave me the "wrong room", I mean a room that you will never forget...
It is full of tourists, due to the closeness with the Opera, for this reason I think the staff is generally unpolite, they count on the fact that the customer will not come back to the same property, moreover, on the Hilton brand
The Gymn is not so bad at the end, probably the only good thing
If you can't live without the "Big aitch" I "warmly" suggest you to switch to the other 2 properties in town: Vienna Danube and Vienna Plaza

Room Tip: Avoid the room 529
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Eveight
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at our hotel.

Reading your feedback, I very much regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and I am very sorry for the impression you have received.

Coming to back your comment regarding the friendliness of our staff however, I am very sorry to hear that you did not feel welcome by all our team members. This does in no way reflect the high service quality we expect from our team and wish to provide our guests and therefore I am very sorry if this has clouded your stay with us.

As it is our aim to provide our guests a perfect stay to their fullest satisfaction, allow me to kindly ask, what we could have done better to live up to your expectations, especially in regards to your evaluation of our guest rooms.

Your comments are truly valuable to us as they help us to better identify and consequently meet our guests’ needs - your response would therefore be very much appreciated.

I would be more than delighted if you gave us another chance to prove that we are indeed better hosts by visiting us again soon.

Kind regards,

Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

All good! What you'd expect from Hilton. No complaints. We had a standard room and was well priced. Good breakfast was included. This hotel is very handy for the airport - 16 mins on the CAT (City airport train).

2 Thank Anglo-Greko
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for writing this great feedback regarding your recent stay with us!

I was delighted to read that you felt comfortable during your stay and that you very much appreciated the direct link to the airport.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights at the start of out Trafalgar Highlights of Eastern Europe tour.

Check in was very quick. Friendly staff even allowed us to check in at 10:00 AM, well ahead of the 2:30 PM check-in time.

The rooms are modern and comfortable. The beds are comfortable with nice linens.

The rooms have WiFi, for a fee, but if you ask the desk for the free lobby WiFi access code, it worked in our room and we got the WiFi for free rather than paying 25 Euro for 24 hours. It is not fast enough to stream video, but is adequate for access to the internet.

We ate the complementary breakfast in the hotel restaurant and were very surprised at how good the food was and how ample the selection was. This is not your typical free hotel breakfast with cold eggs and muffins. This is a real breakfast buffet.

The lobby is a bit chaotic with children left run around unsupervised, but sine I only passed through, it was a little consequence to us.

I would recommend this hotel to any guest who wants a high end hotel excellently located to the main city attractions.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor!

With pleasure I read that you enjoyed your 2 night stay at Hilton Vienna and especially appreciated the wide breakfast offer and our comfortable beds.

In regards to your feedback on the disturbances in our Lobby, I sincerely apologize for the experiences made and I truly regret if that has clouded your stay with us.

Dear Guest, we highly value your opinion and I thank you sincerely for sharing your feedback.
I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The room door would not shut properly. The shower tap at the tile spewed water all over the bathroom. Told this to front desk twice and left for the day and it still wasn't fixed upon return.

Unsupervised children (dozens) ran wild all over lobby, tied up the computers (no wifi) in room. Bar patrons were also complaining about kids running around and were told that bar was a public area.

Liked location and great breakfast.

2 Thank VirginiaReel
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed our location and our breakfast offer during your visit.

Reading the rest of your evaluation, I very much regret that your stay with us did not entirely meet your expectations and I am very sorry for the impression you have received.

I fully understand your frustration about the described unacceptable services received by our front desk and room service teams and I deeply regret this unprofessional handling of your requests.
Please rest assured that I have evaluated these incidents with the respective team members and department head as such occurrences are inexcusable and in no way reflect the high service quality we expect from our team and wish to provide our guests.

Furthermore I greatly appreciate your valuable comments regarding the noise disturbances caused by unsupervised children. Please allow me to express my sincere apology for these incidents and the impression you have received.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your valuable time and comments which help us to constantly review our services. I do hope you continue putting your trust and loyalty in the Hilton Vienna and please rest assured that your feedback does not stay unheard.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to prove that we are indeed better hosts whenever your travels bring you back to Vienna.