“Not Up To Hilton Standards”
Review of Hilton Vienna

Ranked #108 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Our tour group stayed at the Hilton Vienna at the end of our travels. We added on an extra night in order to decompress before our flight home.
Upon arrival, speaking to a reception agent, we requested a second luggage rack so we can comfortably unpack our suitcases. Three and a half hours later, I made a 2nd request and it was delivered in 15 minutes. Why the need for a second request?

The other drawbacks were:
* Limited shelf space in bathroom
* No ice buckets in the room. You have to call the front dest, request a bucket of ice and wait for it to be delivered.
* Mediocre breakfast compared to other hotels we stayed in.
* Initial refusal to credit my Hilton Honors account for my stay, even though we paid for it through our tour. It certainly wasn't free. In addition, they didn't want to credit my account for the extra day I paid for directly.

All in all, although the room was nice, the frustration with staff was discouraging.

Room Tip: Request a room somewhat near the elevators. It is a long walk to the furthest rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Why does Hilton insist on charging €25 per day for slow wifi access? It simply is not good enough for business travellers. Wifi should be standard these days when paying €200 or more for a room. You can use the lobby wifi, but good luck getting any work done with gangs of young, disobedient middle eastern children running riot through the lobby and domineering the lifts & lobby computers to play games. If they are going to charge a fortune they should at least make the bandwidth exceptional, and not too slow to even stream a video...

I also paid €60 to launder some shirts and half came back stained. My room mini bar was filled with open, half drunk bottles when I checked in.

The bar staff were nice, the bed was comfy and the location was good. But I would not recommend this hotel for business, or even pleasure if you need internet access, a drink on arrival or clothes cleaned.

I used to like Hilton Hotels, but they are turning into a joke.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TrySmiling
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor!
Reading your overall evaluation I sincerely apologize for the described experiences made and I truly regret that we were not able to live up to your expectations.

Coming back to your feedback regarding the Internet fees I am very sorry if they have negatively influenced your stay with us. At the same time I fully understand your frustration about the described situation at in the lobby and I truly wish to apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Further to your feedback on our minibar and laundry service, please allow me to first of all to express my sincere apologies. We do operate our hotel on highest cleanliness- and quality standards, which numerous traveller reviews do confirm. Allow me to assure you that I have already evaluated this matter with our Executive Housekeeper in order to review our training standards and to avoid such re-occurrences in the future.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your valuable time and comments which help us to constantly review our services and to better adjust them to our guest needs.

I truly hope you will give us the chance to prove that we are indeed better hosts and I would be more than delighted to welcome you as our guest again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Location of Hilton Vienna is terrific. It is in heart of city, near big parks, shopping centers and historical places. Staff is extremely professional and good. Conference facilities at hotel are very good. Overall my stay experience was extremely good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this exceptional review of your recent stay at the Hilton Vienna.

I read, with great pleasure, how much you enjoyed your stay with us, the friendliness of our staff and our central location.
I also highly appreciate your positive feedback on our conference facilities.

Dear Guest, I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel seems to turn a blind eye to unsupervised children doing what they want. The computers in the foyer are used by them from 8am till 11pm playing games. They roam the hotel by themselves including the Executive Lounge where they play games also on the computers in the business centre there. They also help themselves to drinks food etc all day totally unsupervised. There is no peace it seems staff are to scared or advised to leave them to do what they like.
If you want a relaxing hotel beware.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Greg393939

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

Further to your comments, I sincerely apologize for the experiences made especially regarding the noise disturbance in the Executive Lounge. I fully understand your frustration about the described and I am very sorry for the impression you have received.

Dear Guest, I do hope you continue putting your trust and loyalty in the Hilton Vienna and please rest assured that your feedback does not stay unheard. I would be more than delighted welcoming you as our guest again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We arrived late at night (travelled via City Airport Train-16 minutes from Vienna Airport) and the check-in was quick. We were given a spacious standard twin bedroom at the Executive Floor with a view of Stadtpark. Toiletries, coffee making facilities, dressing gown, slippers, iron, ironing board and toiletries are all provided. There was free 8 hours Wi-Fi at the hotel lobby. What I didn't like was, housekeeping tried to enter our room twice at 8 am and at 9:30 in the morning. I called reception but they didn't do anything about it.

Room Tip: Corner room (Executive floor) is sunny
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria_Thelma
Hoteldirektor, Manager at Hilton Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback via Tripadvisor!

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your spacious guest room with park view and our amenities during your visit.

At the same time I greatly appreciate your valuable comments regarding the housekeeping service. Please allow me to first of all express my sincere apology for this invasion of your privacy. I have already informed our Executive Housekeeper who will make sure to train the team member involved.

Dear Guest, I would like thank you sincerely for sharing your very important feedback with me and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards to Dubai,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hilton Vienna was my favorite hilton by far on my European travels. I stayed in all Hiltons from Budapest to Munich to Prague Berlin and Amsterdam during this two-week trip and none came close. Amazing staff made the difference. Well managed Front Office staff with Nikolaus in charge. Very genuine and kind individual. Clarrissa and Florentine were extremely helpful throughout my stay and always had a great smile while I asked my stupid American questions. As a former Director of Front Office for many Hiltons I can see this property follows the teachings required to be a successful Hilton property and for me it all started in the Front Office area. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Topcat5834

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing this great feedback on Tripadvisor!

I was thrilled to read that our hotel is your favourite Hilton hotel in Europe and that you very much enjoyed your stay with us! At the same time I would like to thank you for your kind words on our staff, in particular our Front Desk team. Positive feedback like yours is a great motivation for our team, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to our guests.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your kind words and I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed some times at Stadpark property between 2011 and 2014
I always knew that it is dirty, but the last time they gave me the "wrong room", I mean a room that you will never forget...
It is full of tourists, due to the closeness with the Opera, for this reason I think the staff is generally unpolite, they count on the fact that the customer will not come back to the same property, moreover, on the Hilton brand
The Gymn is not so bad at the end, probably the only good thing
If you can't live without the "Big aitch" I "warmly" suggest you to switch to the other 2 properties in town: Vienna Danube and Vienna Plaza

Room Tip: Avoid the room 529
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Eveight

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at our hotel.

Reading your feedback, I very much regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and I am very sorry for the impression you have received.

Coming to back your comment regarding the friendliness of our staff however, I am very sorry to hear that you did not feel welcome by all our team members. This does in no way reflect the high service quality we expect from our team and wish to provide our guests and therefore I am very sorry if this has clouded your stay with us.

As it is our aim to provide our guests a perfect stay to their fullest satisfaction, allow me to kindly ask, what we could have done better to live up to your expectations, especially in regards to your evaluation of our guest rooms.

Your comments are truly valuable to us as they help us to better identify and consequently meet our guests’ needs - your response would therefore be very much appreciated.

I would be more than delighted if you gave us another chance to prove that we are indeed better hosts by visiting us again soon.

Kind regards,