“Rooms need renovation”

Vienna Marriott Hotel
Ranked #62 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed with family for 3 nights. The location is excellent, staff is helpful, breakfast was very good. The rooms are large but look dated with old style furniture. There was musty smell in our room. The air condition was not cooling well. The room became warm and humid. Despite calling maintenance twice they were unable to fix it. The maintenance guy told us that the humidity was due to the humid weather in Vienna at that time...... "Seriously"!!. Finally on my trip a hotel with some English channels on TV. Coming back to Vienna in December won't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Vienna_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Vienna Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

We very much appreciate the time you have taken to rate our hotel.
You indicated in your response that especially the condition of your room was unsatisfactory. Please accept our apologies if we did not fully meet your expectations this time. We are happy to inform you that we already have scheduled a total refurbishment of our rooms including bathrooms in 2015. It is in our interest to continue offering a high quality standard, product and service and we are glad to take your comments into consideration for further improvements,

Furthermore, we are very happy to hear that you also enjoyed your stay at the Vienna Marriott Hotel and we are grateful for your nice feedback in regards to the staff & service. Your kind words will encourage us to try even harder. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again in our hotel during your next trip to Vienna.

There are newer reviews for Vienna Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I liked staying in this hotel, rooms were clean and spacious, view from the window onto the park was fantastic, opera house and park were within workind distance. I couldnt enjoy that as I was at a conference there. The lounge was excellent. You could have a very good breakfast and dinner. It is located at the heart of the city, staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel was very clean and neat, Wi-fi was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Rooms are ok, but stunning but marriott makes up for it with excellent service.
Good breakfast and a decent sized Gym downstairs. Very easy access to Vienna.
I have stayed here several times now and it´s very consistent. A bit expensive though.
I always add the business package which is wifi+breakfast. Shame wi-fi is not included in a business hotel....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I recently had the pleasure to stay one evening at the Vienna Marriott hotel. It is located across from a park and walking distance to the Opera House. The staff was courteous and helpful. I ate dinner in the lobby restaurant/ bar and it was good - although the menu was a little limited. There are many restaurants within walking distance. The room and bathroom was updated and very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Fairly centrally located but apart from the location i can give no credit to this hotel. Our family room was very small and not worth the money.We had a deluxe room but the room and the service was far from it. A major drawback were the dirty carpets throughout the hotel. The breakfast seemed great but the whole picture was destroyed when you got closer by....the food was covered daily by small insects and flies. The information given by the reception can not always be relied on. The night before check out reception told us they can call us a taxi to the airport costing 45 euro.They did call us a taxi but it charged us 70euro and it proved to be their own taxi service so dont be tricked. I would certainly not chose this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EVI G
Vienna_Marriott, Front Office Manager at Vienna Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear valued customer,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Vienna Marriott Hotel.
You indicated in your response that the cleanliness and the staff service at the front desk was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Please be assured that trainings have been scheduled to prevent such incidents from reoccurring in the future.
We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel itself is what you would expect from Marriott- nice rooms, very clean and comfortable, but what set this Marriott apart for me was the service. From the front desk, to the executive lounge staff, and especially the concierge staff, everyone went above and beyond to ensure we had a comfortable stay. I need to especially recognize the concierges, Miriam and especially Evelyne who helped us resolve an issue with the airline over missing luggage. At this hotel the concierges help coordinate the retrieval of missing luggage from the airlines, but what happened here was that when our bags were delivered from the baggage service my wife's bag was delivered, but I was delivered someone else's bag. I brought the bag down to the lobby and Evelyne took charge of the matter for me, calling the airline, arranging for pickup of the bag, and getting them to expedite recovery and delivery of my bag. I am sure that by being able to speak to the airline people in German, she was much better able to resolve the problem than I could, and sure enough, my bag was located and delivered to the hotel that evening. It was very reassuring to know that the hotel was on my side in recovering the bag as it had been almost 2 days before I received it. Fortunately we were able to get it before we left Vienna, saving our vacation.

Otherwise, as others have noted, the hotel is in a very good location, across from Stadtpark, easy walk to the Opera, Stephensdom, shopping, and restaurants. The trams stopped outside the front door and you could buy a Vienna Transit Card from the hotel making them very easy to use. The hotel also provided a sheet of transit directions which made it very easy to get from the hotel to Belvedere Palace, Freud's house, Schoenbrun, and the like. Couldn't have been easier. Food and service in the Executive Lounge was very good, and special thanks to the morning staff who were always especially helpful to my wife's dietary needs.

I would definitely stay here again, should my travels bring me back to Vienna.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was our second time in this hotel. A bar, part of the lobby and part of the second floor are being renovated, so the lobby and breakfast space are a bit crowded.
The hotel has a great location by the park and is close to the center of the city, rooms are nice and clean and breakfast is good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family