“Vienna City Break”

Boutiquehotel Stadthalle
Ranked #13 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This Hotel was recommended to me by travellers I met in Bangkok.. Lovely hotel situated in a quite road on the 15th District. 5 minute walk from underground and Bus station.
Art Decor was lovely. Retsurant was spacious clean and airy. Wonderful freshly prepared breakfast, resturant staff were happy and very helpful. My first eco friendly experience, reception staff were helpful. The room I stayed in overlooked the street it was spacious and clean, no noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

can't find better hotel at this price!
7min walkin distance, warm staff, great breakfast including organic cereals and etc were perfect!

The only thing that bothered me was the cold weather during March in Vienna! The hotel itself was awesome!

1  Thank doggyman81
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We visited Vienna for a short breakaway during March.
I will start this review by saying that, in my opinion, it is very hard to bring an "eco" experience without making it feel/look cheap. This is certainly not the case for hotel Stadhelle, who brings you an "Eco" feeling and in the same time keep high-standarts and provide you a luxurious stay.

The hotel, room, shower, bathroom- are all sparkling clean. Breakfast, as others wrote, is a delight, with many options, fruit, vegetables, eggs, bread, coffee, tea etc- all in a very high quality (a thing that big name hotels fail in sometimes). The staff were always nice and helpful when needed. There is a free wifi service (yet again something that big name hotels don't offer sometimes). The hotel is located 5 minutes away from a metro station, and there's a supermarket just a minute away. Also, it was very quiet.

There are some small issues, which none of them interfered with our great stay, but I am writing them for your consideration:
-it is my feeling that the neighborhood is not..great. I didn't experience anything, yet, I don't think I would let my wife for example walk there alone at night.
-There are no tea/coffee facilities within the room. If you fancy a pot of tea/coffee, it would cost you ~ 2-3 eur (which I didn't mind to pay, certainly not when I know I get free wifi unlike other hotels)
-The bed is a bit on the soft side

The bottom line is that Hotel Stadhelle offers you a truly unique experience, free wifi, fantastic breakfast, all while being clean in the highest standarts. I certainly reccomend there, and if I ever come back to Vienna- I don't think I will have any doubt regarding where to stay..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elad234
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Had a good stay - a real haven of peace. Breakfast was first class and all staff polite and friendly. No kettle in our room - maybe a green policy. Location very handy for Westbahnhof railway station, underground, trams, buses and Stadthalle. Bought a 3 day Vienna Card which proved great for getting about the City.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2013

this place is just beautiful and we really liked to stay there. it's close to the citycenter the stuff is really friendly and the rooms are kept tidy and clean. not to forget the breakfast is just amazing. we just found two week points. first we have been there in summertime and during the day it was really hot in the rooms i didn't cool of enough for sleeping. and because it was that hot we missed a fridge in the room. we don't know maybe the more expensive rooms have one. but over all a really pleased stay

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Stefania A, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Boutiquehotel Stadthalle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Mr. Nicoleri,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.com.
We are glad to read that you had a nice time in Vienna and at our Boutiquehotel Stadthalle.

We apologise that the temperature in your room was too warm during your summer stay. The passive house has an automatic airing system which roughly provides the same temperature in each room and sometimes our system was not able to cool down the rooms to a desirable temperature.
We are currently investigating new options to improve the system by next summer!

Regarding the minibar/fridge we would like to mention that we are a zero-energy-balance hotel. Our rooms are not equipped with minibars/fridges because they waste a lot of energy. We save 21,024kg CO2 per year because we do not have minibars. However, you can contact our reception staff 24 hours a day, who can provide various (cool) beverages at a low cost offer their personal service at the same time :-)!

We hope we may offer you our hospitality soon again.

Best regards

Stefania Aloia
Guest Relation

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Im a returning guest in this Hotel. I stay here more times monthly.

The Hotel is only a few minutes walk away from Wien Westbahnhof. When you enter you will face a wall full of beautiful flowers and green plants. The receptionists are always helpful and friendly (Dóri is always smileing and has a few good words). There are a few tables where you can sit and drink something from the card or from the vending machine whats next to the lift.

There are 2 Computers with Internet access for free use! A little garden with flowers and trees welcomes you outside. Its possible to sit down at benches with table.
The rooms are in different size and style. Its always clean with a comfortable bed. I have a good sleep every time I stay here! There is a TV with a lot of channels.
I recommend that you try out the breakfast as its amazing! Huge selection on delicious food :)

You really should visit this Hotel once staying in Vienna!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed 7 nights and we surely gonna choose this hotel for our next trip in Austria.Excellent service,excellent rooms,very friendly staff.The only negative thing(which is nothing considering the whole staying in this hotel) is only a sound like a "buzzzz" which we encountered when we were going to bed at night..maybe it was the heating system operating.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room facing the road of the entrance!we didnt have any problems!