We came to this hotel for 5 nights as a part of our Berlin-Prague-Vienna-Budapest trip.
We booked this hotel because it was highly rated in TripAdvisor and relatively cheap for Vienna.
The location is good, near Westbahnhof so it's comfortable to move around through your visit by U bahn or international trains and you don't have to walk with your luggage.
There's also a pretty good mall inside the Bahnhof (DM, supermarket, Deichmann, clothes, fast food...everything!), I enjoyed shopping there.
The hotel is big, I'm not used to big hotels in Europe, tidy and looks pretty new.
I have few things to say. I don't think I had high expectations, just the usual things I can find in any European hotel.
1. They don't have minibar. I don't eat or drink from it but use it as a refrigerator for food . And they don't have that. So in case you wanna eat in the hotel things you buy at the supermarket - it's impossible. (Or keep refrigerated drugs...)
2. The breakfast is standard and ok (salami, ham, boiled eggs, croisons, buns, butter, hot and cold drinks, cucumber and tomato. fruit salad, yogurts...) but it's the SAME every morning, they don't change ANYTHING. So unless you love all this particular food, you'll want something else after eating it twice. Somethig that bothered me a little - you cannot peel the boiled eggs! the egg falls apart. They forget to put it in cold water or something. Really bothers me dealing with "unpeelable" eggs. But maybe it's just me...
3. They barely give you a soap. The only thing they give you in the beginning is 2 little bottles of a general shampoo-soap-everything fluid (great smelling though), and refill just one each day. My boyfriend used it and it wasn't enough.
No body lotion, no shampoo, no shower cap, no ear cleaning things...
4. Although it is October in Vienna, inside the hotel was really hot. We wanted to use the air conditioning but it didn't work. When we asked the receptionist about it she said that it's not so hot and it's not so cold, so they turned it off. There are warm blankets and really hot inside, and it's difficult to sleep that way. We opened the window but it was noisy...
5. It's really crowded on the weekend at the breakfast time (8:30-9:30), and hard to find a place to sit, although the waiters clean really fast.
6. Somehow the receptionists aren't that nice to you...
The good things:
1. Clean and tidy.
2.Great hairdryer (for those who need it)
3.Nice soap. But too little.
4. Quiet although in a central location.
5. WiFi in the rooms - free with a code, but just for one devise. So if you have laptop and smartphone - you can use the WiFi on one of them only.
6. Great towels! Fluffy and white.
7.Great coffee machines at breakfast, have a great variety of hot drinks!
8. Quick check inn and check out.
9. Great shower! Big and clean.
So I will give this hotel 3 stars, mostly because I really need a mini bar in a room and cannot sleep well when it's hot. If this doesn't bother you -it's a moderate hotel with a lot of rooms, and it is cheap for Vienne and has a good location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Motel One Wien Westbahnhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.