Motel One Wien Westbahnhof
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Ruby Marie Hotel Vienna(Vienna)
  • Breakfast included
1,222 results
All reviewstrain stationrooms are smallconvenient locationboiled eggsexcellent locationstayed here for one nightvienna airportpublic transportcold cutseasy accessbusiness hotelcomfortable hotelwi fihotel staffdouble bedcity centremuseum quarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here 2 nights, 26, 27 december 2013 and I enjoyed most of the staying. The hotel is at 200m from Mariahilferstrasse, and at an average of 15-20 minutes of walking from the city hall, schonbrunn palace or history museum, so it's location is very good.
There is also a parking they are working with and where you can leave the car - it has direct access from the mall situated right next to the Motel.
The motel is quite big, but modern. The rooms do not have phones nor fridge, and the rooms are quite small, but I think this is not an inconvenience if you are just passing through Wien.
What I enjoyed at the rooms was the nice white TV that suits the wall's color, the modern bathroom and the confy bed. The rooms are also very good isolated, as you sleep right in the heart of the city, but you are not disturbed by the noise from outside and they include access to free WI-FI.
You can also have breakfast if you choose to(you can also eat at the mall right next to the motel).
Overall was a nice experience and on our way back, because we enjoyed our staying here, we chose to stay at another One Motel - the one from Salzburg.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MOWienWestbahnhof, Manager at Motel One Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Oana 12!

We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay in Vienna at the Motel One Wien-Westbahnhof! Thank you very much for your positive rating. We also hope that you enjoyed your stay in the Motel One Salzburg!

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I advice anyone on a touristic trip to choose this hotel. It's right at the exit of the Westbahnhof Train Station, and it may sound like just a railway station, but it is more of a shopping centre. You have about everything you wish for there, from Food Court with Subway, Starbucks and even healthier food at Furchtbar (perfect breakfast choice with smoothies or musli yogurt) to international fashion brands and a whole range of fresh products at the Merkur supermarket. We made full use of the railway station, without throwing money on expensive restaurants at dinner or breakfast. We chose to eat breakfast at the hotel one day and the 7,5 ? is quie a fair charge, as there are a lot of choices to pick from (coffee of all sorts, orange and apple juice, croissants, fitness and regular bread etc.). However, on various occasions we either didn't feel hungry enough in the morning or we wanted to take the breakfast away in the town, so Westbahnhof was perfect for it. The Underground and Mariahilferstrasse were right across the railway station. Everything was in easy reach and we recommend it for any tourist visiting Vienna.

MOWienWestbahnhof, Manager at Motel One Wien Westbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Andu B!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Vienna at the Motel One Wien-Westbahnhof! Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I will not stay here again. They tout certain conveniences that they do not deliver upon. Air-conditioning is number one.

I stayed in Motel One Wien-Westbahnhof 4 September 2013 through 8 September 2013.

The first night I was assigned room 4226. That room has no air-conditioning. Air-conditioning was included in my room rate according to the Web Site, and is an essential hotel amenity during the summer. I was miserable that first night. When I complained, the staff dispatched maintenance. That was an utter charade, because it was obvious to anyone that the air-conditioning in room 4226 was not functioning.

I continued to complain until I was moved to room 4103 where the air-conditioning does work. I am not sure whether this is part of an unethical business plan, making air-conditioning only available in limited rooms, in order to reduce costs, or whether the air-conditioning was simply out of order in 4226 on the days that I was staying. Regardless of the root cause, in no event should Motel One be placing guests in non-air-conditioned rooms during summer months.

Secondly, on the night of 6 September 2013, the Internet was obviously down. When I complained, instead of honesty, the front desk, gave me a new username/password, pretending that would correct the problem. Obviously, all that did was increase my frustration. When I pointed out that I still had no connectivity, I received a reassuring shrug of the shoulders. When services that have been promised to guests are not available, deception is not the best strategy. Honesty is the best strategy. Perhaps the front desk staff is not consciously deceiving; perhaps the local management has simply chosen not to keep them informed. I cannot be sure, but I can be certain that kind of carelessness will cost Motel One my future business.

Since it is possible that Motel One does not know the proper response to a guest's inquiry regarding the lack of promised Internet connectivity, I will share it: "We apologize, Mr paying-customer, we are having a temporary problem with our connection to the Internet service supplier. Our telecommunications specialists are working to correct the issue and they expect that service will be restored no latter than 00:00 this evening."

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Kerwin G

Dear User Twinkles!

First of all we would like to thank you for giving us your honest feedback. We regret to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay in the Motel One Wien-Westbahnhof in September.

We are very sorry that your night’s sleep was disturbed by a defective air conditioning in your room. Your resulting resentment about this is very reasonable. In the meantime we have conferred with our maintenance department to ensure that every air conditioning is properly maintained and periodically checked in all the rooms.
Every single one of our rooms is equipped with an air conditioning operated during the entire year. We apologize for the broken AC in the room you had first. However we would like to state that we are not engaging in some “unethical business plan”.

We indeed had a Wifi issue in our hotel in the beginning of September which was solved in cooperation with our Wifi supplier. We totally agree with you that the handling of your complaint at the front office desk did not meet our service standards. As the satisfaction of our guests is the top priority, Motel One has set very high levels regarding the quality of our services in order to ensure a pleasant stay for our guests.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and hope that your positive impressions of your stay in Vienna will prevail! Once again thank you for your valuable comments.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was in Vienna in December for the first time in my life and choosing the Motel One by Westbahnhof was a great choice. Just as I have indicated in the title of this review, you will find only the bare necessities in this hotel, but really, if you are there only for a few days or a week, this is all you need. There is no minibar in the hotel room, there is no cabinet to hang your clothes, only a rail with a few clothes hangers. But really, one does not need more when the rooms are so clean in style, as well as clean in the true sense of the word. The breakfast buffet is very adequate and offers everything you need, from breads, muffins, fruit, yogourts, cheese, meat and various types of jams and cereals. What you cannot do either at this hotel, is charge things to your room. Everything has to be paid upfront always, including the room. This, as well as the simple, yet elegant decor helps the hotel keep its fares low and interesting. The location of Motel One is good, as well. You are just a few minutes away from the shopping street Maria Hilfer Strasse and because Motel One is located next to the Westbahnhof, even if you crave a chocolate or a coke after hours (no room service in the hotel), you can always nip in to the supermarket in the underground to get your sweet fix. I would definitely return to Motel One if I returned to Vienna.

1  Thank Marianne_from_Zurich

Dear Marianne !

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at Motel One Wien-Westbahnhof.
Furthermore are we delighted to hear that you entirely agree with our hotel concept of offering all the necessities at high quality but therefor do not offer all additional services for example room - service or minibars.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at our hotel in Vienna or at one of our other Motel One Hotels around Europe!

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Management

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I really like it because of the comfortable room equipped with queen size bed,flat screen TV and granite bathroom with rain shower! İt is also well located near the U-bahn station and airport bus station.Breakfast was delicious with rich cheese/jam/honey/bread/coffee/juice alternatives.If I go to Wien again,I will definetely stay in Motel One again.

Room Tip: rooms which are near the elevator and upstairs.

Dear User "dilemma d"

Thanks a lot for your comments about your recent stay with us at Motel One Wien-Westbahnhof.
Nice to hear that you would recommend our hotel to other guests and that you liked our rooms as well as breakfast and the location of our hotel, directly at the Westbahnhof.

Hopefully we can welcome you again as a guest!

Yours sincerely,