“Take a different tour”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Take a different tour”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was one part of our stay in Vienna that we did not plan ahead, but should have. On a hot day we took this 2.5 hour tour on impulse to relax, enjoy the air conditioning and see parts of Vienna that we would not otherwise. It actually met all of those expectations. In retrospect however, it was a waste of our time in the city. We would have been better off spending a few extra euros and having a live tour guide take us around (see other Trip Advisor recommendations). On the 2.5 hour tour you get about 40 minutes of wasted time to walk around the gift shop at Schloss Schonbrunn, in addition to the 20 minutes at the gift shop mentioned by others (it is possible to run back to the Hundertwasser house during this time, which we did). Lots of dead air time on this tour and no opportunity for additional information while you sit in the bus. Expensive place to relax.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Grover42

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worst City tour with unfriendly driver”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

If you want the different bus tour which end up in an accident at the end than this is your company. This was the highlight of the whole tour. Unfriendly driver at the beginning which didn't wanted to open the doors or start the engine to activate the air condition on a very hot day.
Most of the sights on this tour you won't see because you have to walk into pedestrian only zones.
Tour was expensive and long with a lot of dead driving without anything interesting to see. During these periods they played the same nerve wrecking classic music over the headphones. Very aggressive driving which ended with an accident on the Inner Ring - everybody left the bus at this time in the middle of traffic. Avoid this tour - not worth the money!!!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Klaus S
Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Total Rubbish. Avoid like the plague!!!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The worst bus tour I've ever been on. Why?

1. The audio guide spoke English so quickly it was nearly impossible to keep up with what was being said.
2. The audio system kept breaking.
3. We were forced to stop for 20 minutes at a gift shop in a nothing part of town.
4. Getting back from the gift shop required a lengthy drive through a boring part of the city.

2 Thank fussy_bear2010
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Expensive bus ride...”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

They really don't get it - I've been on bus tours in many a city. The rest were great - this was a huge disappointment, was frustrating, and really, I just wanted my money back. When purchasing the long tour I thought, wow, we're going to see a lot on one of the open buses, have a stop at the Schloss, great. They put us on a loudly air-conditioned bus with tinted windows and drove around. Reading other reviews now, I should have read the reviews before! They don't tell you about the first 20 min trashy souvenir stop where it's actually about the architecture living building around the corner. You can't really take pictures through these windows (the reason to go) and the driver was all, 'sorry, problem' like my concern was un-based when the audio isn't in sync with the travel and most of the headphones didn't work. I happened to see the office of red bus around the corner, went in, and the woman there got immediately on the phone to some friend about something else, knowing the stop is only 20 minutes. There was a group of Asian tourists traveling together and they had to plea with the driver not to take off without them as they were running beside the bus! Not a professional company. I asked if I could go on one of their shorter tours afterwards to be able to take some pictures on one of their open buses since I had paid the premium price and had been locked on the bus. "Sorry, problem" (shrug) answer. Banging my lens every time I tried to take a shot at breakneck speed at actual scenic views (which we didn't stop at) and then waited while we paused at stop corners that made no sense. Totally DO NOT use this tour company to see Vienna. You are better off going on the subway to the Schloss for a day. Then go on the subway to the Museum area for a day. Then see if another company strikes your fancy that has an open top bus. The arrogance of this group really turned me off Wien in general...luckily I met lots of nice people in different places we went on our own...

4 Thank ErinDCTO
Beaufort, SC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Good Overview of Vienna”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This little tour was perfect for a good overview of the area. Our tour today was fine, the audio in perfect sync with what we saw and lovely music in between. I want to comment on one complaint I have seen consistently re this tour company...the 20 minute stop. It is NOT for the souvenir shops! It is so you can walk around the corner and see one of the most photographed neighborhoods in Vienna, Hundertwasser Kraeins Haus! BUT,you would never know why you are stopping unless you had done a little research. That stop was one of the primary reasons I took this tour. It is a shame that the company does not do a better job of highlighting this and actually tell you on the audio why the interruption. So many people seem to miss it and end us angry...it is a shame.

2 Thank Mandi1Mom