“Red Bus can be a $40 sauna.”
Review of Red Bus City Tours

Red Bus City Tours
Ranked #129 of 154 Tours in Vienna
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We boarded a Red Bus in Vienna the first week of September. It was not an open roof model. As we progressed, my wife could look over the driver's shoulder to see the internal temperature. The driver trainer had to take off his tie and unbutton his shirt by the time the temperature hit 30.5,(87 F.). The windows do not open. Several requests for air conditioning were ignored. At the end of the two hour tour we asked for a refund due to the heat. We were told by Michael, the street-side manager, that we were not telling the truth about the temperature. The tourist information office across the street has no procedure to file complaints. This company abuses some of its customers.

3  Thank johanfredrick

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was one part of our stay in Vienna that we did not plan ahead, but should have. On a hot day we took this 2.5 hour tour on impulse to relax, enjoy the air conditioning and see parts of Vienna that we would not otherwise. It actually met all of those expectations. In retrospect however, it was a waste of our time in the city. We would have been better off spending a few extra euros and having a live tour guide take us around (see other Trip Advisor recommendations). On the 2.5 hour tour you get about 40 minutes of wasted time to walk around the gift shop at Schloss Schonbrunn, in addition to the 20 minutes at the gift shop mentioned by others (it is possible to run back to the Hundertwasser house during this time, which we did). Lots of dead air time on this tour and no opportunity for additional information while you sit in the bus. Expensive place to relax.

3  Thank Grover42
Reviewed 18 July 2013

If you want the different bus tour which end up in an accident at the end than this is your company. This was the highlight of the whole tour. Unfriendly driver at the beginning which didn't wanted to open the doors or start the engine to activate the air condition on a very hot day.
Most of the sights on this tour you won't see because you have to walk into pedestrian only zones.
Tour was expensive and long with a lot of dead driving without anything interesting to see. During these periods they played the same nerve wrecking classic music over the headphones. Very aggressive driving which ended with an accident on the Inner Ring - everybody left the bus at this time in the middle of traffic. Avoid this tour - not worth the money!!!

2  Thank Klaus S
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The worst bus tour I've ever been on. Why?

1. The audio guide spoke English so quickly it was nearly impossible to keep up with what was being said.
2. The audio system kept breaking.
3. We were forced to stop for 20 minutes at a gift shop in a nothing part of town.
4. Getting back from the gift shop required a lengthy drive through a boring part of the city.

2  Thank fussy_bear2010