“SKIP THIS - terrible tour”
Review of Red Bus City Tours

Red Bus City Tours
Ranked #68 of 128 Tours in Vienna
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Rick Steve, I don't know how much you were paid to recommend these guys but the tour was terrible for following reasons:

-Not interesting and you can't see much of Vienna on bus. I did a self guided walking your after and saw much more.
-About one third of tour was spent in a small tourist rip off street; they drop you off here for 20 minutes to buy overpriced/low quality tourist knick knacks.
-Explanations were given by prerecorded audio tape; fine except audio was often out of sync with sights.
-Guide did not speak any English. I know this can't be expected but even trying to ask basic questions was impossible.

Go on a walking tour or look for another bus tour company.

2  Thank woosaandwander

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Peeved! Guy charged me for me friend and I. Then charged my friend as well. Found out my friend got charged after he jumped on the bus. Tour was so so. After it ended I explained what happened to the guy to get a refund for one ticket, to no Avail. I'd go on a different bus company...less likely to get screwed n tour probably will be better.

2  Thank Infp_1
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We boarded a Red Bus in Vienna the first week of September. It was not an open roof model. As we progressed, my wife could look over the driver's shoulder to see the internal temperature. The driver trainer had to take off his tie and unbutton his shirt by the time the temperature hit 30.5,(87 F.). The windows do not open. Several requests for air conditioning were ignored. At the end of the two hour tour we asked for a refund due to the heat. We were told by Michael, the street-side manager, that we were not telling the truth about the temperature. The tourist information office across the street has no procedure to file complaints. This company abuses some of its customers.

3  Thank johanfredrick
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was one part of our stay in Vienna that we did not plan ahead, but should have. On a hot day we took this 2.5 hour tour on impulse to relax, enjoy the air conditioning and see parts of Vienna that we would not otherwise. It actually met all of those expectations. In retrospect however, it was a waste of our time in the city. We would have been better off spending a few extra euros and having a live tour guide take us around (see other Trip Advisor recommendations). On the 2.5 hour tour you get about 40 minutes of wasted time to walk around the gift shop at Schloss Schonbrunn, in addition to the 20 minutes at the gift shop mentioned by others (it is possible to run back to the Hundertwasser house during this time, which we did). Lots of dead air time on this tour and no opportunity for additional information while you sit in the bus. Expensive place to relax.

3  Thank Grover42
Reviewed 18 July 2013

If you want the different bus tour which end up in an accident at the end than this is your company. This was the highlight of the whole tour. Unfriendly driver at the beginning which didn't wanted to open the doors or start the engine to activate the air condition on a very hot day.
Most of the sights on this tour you won't see because you have to walk into pedestrian only zones.
Tour was expensive and long with a lot of dead driving without anything interesting to see. During these periods they played the same nerve wrecking classic music over the headphones. Very aggressive driving which ended with an accident on the Inner Ring - everybody left the bus at this time in the middle of traffic. Avoid this tour - not worth the money!!!

2  Thank Klaus S