All reviewssigmund freudminute walkvienna hotelsair conditioningclean hotelquiet streetinner courtyardnice staycentral locationcity breakdouble bedgood sizeschottentortramkombuchaembassymuseum
Reviewed 14 December 2013

There is very little good to say about this hotel. I was given a smokers room although I had clearly stated that I want a non smoker room. When I complained the unfriendly staff said that they have no other room left. They hadn't even considered notifying me in advance. I didn't want to look for a new hotel since I had arrived late at night. This turned out to be the wrong decision. The smell in the room was so bad I had to sleep with open windows in December. The walls were dirty and the bed was so uncomfortable it was like sleeping on bare springs. The Internet was so frustratingly slow. It felt like 1997 again.
Given the price I would not recommend the hotel to anyone

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank banarno
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is substandard in almost every way. Our bed was terrible and it felt as if one was sleeping directly on the bedsprings with no padding whatsoever. Walls were stained and dinged.
Decor was budget college dorm. Location very inconvenient as well.

Management was particularly unfriendly and unhelpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a business trip where it came recommended as a 4 star hotel.

Pros: The staff was friendly and very helpful. There were a lot of choices at breakfast. Location is good. Pretty close to the tram and not too far from downtown. Quiet neighbourhood. Free WiFi.

Cons: The walls in the hallways were dirty. The beds were horribly uncomfortable. The garage is tiny and if your car is anything BUT a smart car you will have a very hard time getting in and out of the parking spot.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank eurogaltng
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel is conveniently located: same street as Physics buildings, 5' walk to vegetarian restaurant "Vegirant" and 15' walk to another vegetarian restaurant "Yamm!". Staff are helpful. Room is basic but clean although the microscopic size of the shower is not comfortable. Vienna temperature was mid-30s (sweltering) and no air conditioning in room so I couldn't sleep properly even with a fan on full blowing over me all night. They have some air conditioned rooms but require prior booking and are 15€ more per night. Internet quality is excellent and free. Buffet breakfast is excellent including a really good espresso maker. The street is quiet. Easy access to centre of town and the canal. Historic area. The ultra-high security at the nearby USA embassy is interesting to behold. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2013

During my 3 day stay there in June, 2013, I enjoyed very much their friendly service, rich variety of their breakfast buffee, my comfortable bed and free internet in my room. The location is superb – walking distance from the old town of Vienna, and very interesting Sigmund Freud Appartment Museum around the corner.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business