“Very good value for money”
Review of Hotel Park Villa

Hotel Park Villa
Ranked #181 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here for the first time in Jan. I used to live in the neighborhood and looked out for it specifically (it doesn't turn up in too many searches). The room was spacious and the bathroom was clean (water pressure was not an issue) and there was hot water when we needed it. I felt that the room was formerly a non-smoking room since it had a bit of an odor (but not enough to complain). The service was great and really friendly.
The breakfast was not vast but everything seemed very fresh and it was diverse enough.
The real thing about this is that you get what you pay for. if you compare it with a high end hotel, then this is not as good but for the price, I was really happy with it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a good, small hotel, outside the center of Vienna (but with good transportation possibility to the city center).
We were staying with out family around the corner, but had to move to a hotel for one night because of other guests. parkvilla was 300 meters away and we enjoyed the stay. Friendly staff, decent room, great breakfast. The price we paid was extremely good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Away from center and crowd, but still well connected with the city via bus/U-Bahn/tram. Nice and comfortable room. Great breakfast. Free street parking, although it may be challenging to find.

Bathrooms are perfect, modern, and very clean. Friendly staff at the reception and breakfast. Breakfast is very nicely presented with excellent coffee (this is Vienna after all!)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SkiWhistler10
Reviewed 2 September 2013

i couldnt recommend a more personal, clean, perfectly located hotel - Reading the previous revies is shocking - all the bathrooms are clean and modernized, with perfect bathroom updated facilities. The reception has an individual flair which I can imagine no Hotel in Vienna has due to the beautiful decor and warmth around it. Its located in a beautiful area, and it just amazes me that the Hotel Director has time for hisguests and staff - always with a winning smile and willing to accomodate your individual needs or if you do happen to have a complaint - he manages to deal with it straight away.
The hotel is clean, newly renovated and has all the facilities a 4 star can offer.
Thankyou toall who manage dtomake my business and private stay meorable. yes we willbe back!

Room Tip: I feel any room can be recommended.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nito C
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel is located some distance from the city center in an area with a lot of trees, picturesque area and affluent neighbourhood.
To be honest I did not have any major problem with the hotel, but for this price and four stars you would expect a bit more: for instance we got a room on the top floor on the side which overlooked the street and it was noisy (the street somehow magnified the sound so each and every car that passed made a noise as a bus) and very hot. The windows were small and the AC had no control, and made some weird noise so sleep quality was a problem. The room was decidedly small also.
The breakfast was also very nice, but once again, for four stars and the price you would expect a bit more extra. For instance a variety of fresh juice for starters etc.
All in all having stayed in three different hotels in Vienna in the last 6 monthts, I would say that there are a number of better options for this price/value combo.

Room Tip: first or second floor and garden side not street side
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Parc Villa is an excellent hotel from Wien and I will return there in this year. I stay in September 2012 with my family and we was very satisfied. Very quiet location, free parking on the street in front of hotel, very helpful staff, great breakfast IN THE GARDEN !!! Rooms big and decorated with taste. Great!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

It's in a pleasant, leafy residential setting, and I walked past several embassies on my longish walk from the U-bahn stop. I was grateful to get there finally after a long day of travel, and the receptionist was very friendly and welcoming, but on getting to the room, my heart sank. A very old-fashioned affair, with a below-par bed and inadequate bedding. As a business traveller, I regard the sleep I get at a hotel as the most important element by far, and I already knew I was in for a difficult night.

The bathroom was decent enough and seemed to be fairly new; that, and the pretty balcony were redeeming features.

Breakfast in the morning was ok - not a wide selection, but good enough - accompanied by quick, polite service. The website states that on good days breakfast can be taken in the garden, which looked very nice, but unfortunately we arrived in the middle of one of Vienna's rainy June periods, so I didn't get a chance to experience it.

A cluster of freebies, including free wifi, a bar of Milka and bottle of apple juice are all much appreciated, but I feel that more attention should be directed towards the basics - a good quality mattress, pillow and duvet would have impressed me far more than the free gifts.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
parkvilla, Inhaber at Hotel Park Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Guest,

with great interest I was reading your comments about my hotel during your stay of June 28th 2013.
I am very sorry that you found my hotel old fashioned. I renovated the entire hotel during the periode 2006 and 2013.As Hotel Park Villa is an original Art-Nouveau-Hotel dating back to 1888, I tried to furbish my house as stylishly as possible and also according to the Austrian 4-star standards.
Last week I let install airconditioning in all rooms. Certainly the mattrasses are more or less new. I am realy surprised to hear that you didn't sleep well. Sorry for that.
I am greatful to learn from your comments, which I will certainly take under serious consideration.
It would be my pleasure in welcoming you again!
Wolfgang Bracke, Hotelier